2024 Texans pick watch thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If we do it right - we will get two starters vs 1.

Not saying this is who we will draft...but would you rather have:

Paris Johnson and Jared Verse
or
Will Anderson
one thing that about the trade down:

had they not done it, they would be looking at replacing both starting tackles this offseason with one less first rounder

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Really seemed like we'd have a shot at MHJ and our pick between Olu or Alt at one point. Tough.

I think it was the right move when Monti made the trade. So I'm not going to fault him.

The bad part is what you said. It had a legit chance to be a top three pick and give us, for several seasons a significant talent advantage in a parity driven league.

But then to add insult to injury we did even get like the "normal" result (pick anywhere from 5 - 12) from the trade.

Based on past history, the trade probably had an 85% chance of producing a top 12 pick, but MO got a really low roll this time. Sucks but you carry on and hope the pick still turns out to be a star.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it was the right move when Monti made the trade. So I'm not going to fault him.

The bad part is what you said. It had a legit chance to be a top three pick and give us, for several seasons a significant talent advantage in a parity driven league.

But then to add insult to injury we did even get like the "normal" result (pick anywhere from 5 - 12) from the trade.

Based on past history, the trade probably had an 85% chance of producing a top 12 pick, but MO got a really low roll this time. Sucks but you carry on and hope the pick still turns out to be a star.
Or possibly trade out of it say for a 2nd rounder or even package both picks for 1 in a move up trade etc there are quite a few possibilities just depends what the FO wants to do plus the free agency moves (if any)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If we do it right - we will get two starters vs 1.

Not saying this is who we will draft...but would you rather have:

Paris Johnson and Jared Verse
or
Will Anderson
A counter:

Would you rather have PJJ and MHJ

or

PJJ, some guy at #24 or so, and hopium for next year?

I'll take the former. At least then we'd have gotten one premier player in the last two top picks rather than a "solid guy" and another "solid guy, probably, hopefully" and then Who TF knows?

Stout

Reaction score

Sure, it's okay for last season. We still kind of made out on the deal--although we very much might rue not landing WA. As long as we don't do the same thing again this year, fine. If we do...smh

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
A counter:

Would you rather have PJJ and MHJ

or

PJJ, some guy at #24 or so, and hopium for next year?

I'll take the former. At least then we'd have gotten one premier player in the last two top picks rather than a "solid guy" and another "solid guy, probably, hopefully" and then Who TF knows?

We can still hypothetically get PJJ, MHJ, and a guy at #24 this year.

My point was the Will Anderson trade.

If you are saying we need more impact players - I agree with you.

Edit - we also need "solid" players who get to 2nd contracts with us.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, it's okay for last season. We still kind of made out on the deal--although we very much might rue not landing WA. As long as we don't do the same thing again this year, fine. If we do...smh
Yes. I guess the possibility is there where we trade down to 11 for additional picks and use some of those picks to move back up to get our guy much like last year. But that is scary.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Pick about to drop even more with Duval choking for the ages lmao
Temporarily. At this point its all about how the teams do in the playoffs. After a loss, its reverted back to team with worse record gets a higher draft pick.

The titans winning actually affects our top pick more as it means worst we can do is the 6th pick

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
We can still hypothetically get PJJ, MHJ, and a guy at #24 this year.

My point was the Will Anderson trade.

If you are saying we need more impact players - I agree with you.

Edit - we also need "solid" players who get to 2nd contracts with us.
I'm addressing the sentiment that we should trade down THIS year after doing it LAST year. I think that would be a terrible idea, unless certain circumstances come to pass.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This pick may be low but this is still a much better draft than last year. We're probably going to get a solid DT.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
BTW, since the Texans won we now want the Rams to beat the 49ers today. That'll cause the Houston pick to be one slot higher if they don't win a playoff game.
So for the last game tonight: Tankathon has the Bills with the same SOS as the Texans. So do we have to hope for a Bills W tonight or would they pick after the Texans even with a loss?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
So for the last game tonight: Tankathon has the Bills with the same SOS as the Texans. So do we have to hope for a Bills W tonight or would they pick after the Texans even with a loss?

Bills winning would be best. That would give them the same conference records for that tie breaker. I'm a little fuzzy on one of the aspects of the head to head tie breaker which is next but I think the Texans still win it. I'm not 100% on that though. A Buffalo win is needed though to even get it in play.

What we need is for Houston to lose first round with Bills, Miami, and Dallas all wining. That will lock in pick 21. The pick drops a slot for each of those teams that lose in the first round and if Houston wins it'll be in the 25-28 range depending on how the 2nd round goes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard