2024 Texans pick watch thread

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Sure pal. I like the optimism but we still got screwed as usual. Just our luck. The Bears end up with pick #1 on their trade. And we end up at the back end of round 1 with the Texans pick.
We got the player we wanted all along and got an extra 1st and 3rd rounder.

Seriously, all these complaints remind me of some of our friends that years later still are complaining that they sold they house for a 120% profit, but could have gotten a 160% if they had waited.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We got the player we wanted all along and got an extra 1st and 3rd rounder.

Seriously, all these complaints remind me of some of our friends that years later still are complaining that they sold they house for a 120% profit, but could have gotten a 160% if they had waited.
I see where you’re coming from. But I’ll be honest, the Texans making the playoffs is extremely unexpected. Rookie HC and QB. Houston has been mired in dysfunction after O’Brien made several questionable GM moves.

The difference between landing the #1 pick (and potentially having another trade opportunity to land more first rounders) to landing a pick in the mid-20’s is a big difference.

And Houston still has a first rounder as part of the Watson trade. Arizona can still come out of it with 2 really good players but would’ve been nice to have two top 10 picks with chances to stockpile more.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do you just give up on football if you’re a Panthers fan?
Remember that the last time they had the #1 pick, all their fans took it as the most sure thing in the world that they would get Andrew Luck - and then he decided to go back to Stanford. I remember that all of Carolina went into collective depression. Now, they did get Cam Newton, so it ended up okay, but he was no Andrew Luck.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember that the last time they had the #1 pick, all their fans took it as the most sure thing in the world that they would get Andrew Luck - and then he decided to go back to Stanford. I remember that all of Carolina went into collective depression. Now, they did get Cam Newton, so it ended up okay, but he was no Andrew Luck.
Really seemed like we'd have a shot at MHJ and our pick between Olu or Alt at one point. Tough.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Happy for all you guys seeing the positives

Unfortunately I’m not one of them, colts really ef’ed us last night. Two top 10 picks is what this organization needed to break out of the muck (see Texans) - now who knows. The talent drop off even from players in the teens to the twenties is significant.

Cursed organization

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sucks for us.

Bottom line though - the trade with the Texans will come down to who we get with their pick.

Paris Johnson and X
for Will Anderson

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
As bad as this year has been (which was a tank) for Cardinal - I can't imagine being the Panthers.

You traded up, missed on Stroud, and gave up your #1 WR.
You have to watch Stroud lead his team to the playoffs and are constantly reminded (every week) about your poor choice.
You gave up the #1 overall pick this year.
You fired your first year head coach during the season.
Your new(ish) owner that replaced a jerk is also a jerk.

This might go down as bad as trading up for Trubisky and passing on Mahomes.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The throw wasn’t the best no but it was 100% good enough that it should have been caught
It was all there for them. But, before the play, I had the feeling they were going to pass and it would be incomplete.

I know we were all cheering for the Texans to lose. But for the rest of the NFL, the Texans are a much better story, and more entertaining, than the Colts. One of my old college friends has endured the misery of being a Texans fan and he is thrilled. I was happy for him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's just hope that the Cards next year do what the Texans did this year.
Texans are overrated, they play in a really weak division, i think if they had to play the cardinals schedule they would have finished with 6-7 wins and probably less, cause more loss would have had an impact in their confidence

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure pal. I like the optimism but we still got screwed as usual. Just our luck. The Bears end up with pick #1 on their trade. And we end up at the back end of round 1 with the Texans pick.

Screwed???? I don't do victimhood. We rolled the dice. Crapped out. Story of my sports watching life, save the 97 Cats. Ill take two firsts, regardless of position. Eff it.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Thank you very little Indy you bums. Guess I have to root against Houston in the playoffs so the picks don't drop below 24 in rounds 1, 3, and 5.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Yet another reason we shouldn't be chasing "a haul" in trading down rather than draft premium talent.

If we do it right - we will get two starters vs 1.

Not saying this is who we will draft...but would you rather have:

Paris Johnson and Jared Verse
or
Will Anderson

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
As bad as this year has been (which was a tank) for Cardinal - I can't imagine being the Panthers.

You traded up, missed on Stroud, and gave up your #1 WR.
You have to watch Stroud lead his team to the playoffs and are constantly reminded (every week) about your poor choice.
You gave up the #1 overall pick this year.
You fired your first year head coach during the season.
Your new(ish) owner that replaced a jerk is also a jerk.

This might go down as bad as trading up for Trubisky and passing on Mahomes.

That is in fact our catch phrase/motto.

The Arizona Football Cardinals - Hey, at least we're not the Carolina Panthers!

Last edited: