2024 Texans pick watch thread

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't literally claim anybody was sure fire in this thread. Also, you trying to compare Simmons to MHJ as prospects to somehow "discredit" me is cringe.
lol.

Aight, I’m not going to stoop down to level you’re at right now any further.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Let's say Murray ends up proving to be the quarterback the team needs and Monti makes the decision to keep him... And let's say the Cardinals end up with the number 8 and the number 13 picks in the first round... Would it be so bizarre for the team to start tracking a player that they target early in the first round and package picks for a trade up instead of a trade back? Basically what I'm saying is what if the collection of 12 picks gives the team a plan B, based on Murray staying with the team?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's say Murray ends up proving to be the quarterback the team needs and Monti makes the decision to keep him... And let's say the Cardinals end up with the number 8 and the number 13 picks in the first round... Would it be so bizarre for the team to start tracking a player that they target early in the first round and package picks for a trade up instead of a trade back? Basically what I'm saying is what if the collection of 12 picks gives the team a plan B, based on Murray staying with the team?
With the capital we have, we could get a player we covet. This applies to both the first and second round.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Based on the value chart 8 and 13 would get us to 3 without including other picks. It would just be whether a team would feel comfortable going back there.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Based on the value chart 8 and 13 would get us to 3 without including other picks. It would just be whether a team would feel comfortable going back there.
would 8 and 3 thirds get us to pick 3?? we paid the price to have 2 firsts this year and I kinda want to get the two first round players.... pretty sure Monti wont trade his only 2... but we got lots of thirds

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
would 8 and 3 thirds get us to pick 3?? we paid the price to have 2 firsts this year and I kinda want to get the two first round players.... pretty sure Monti wont trade his only 2... but we got lots of thirds
Acording to the value chart - yes. But depends on circumstances

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Nah. People expected that to be a top 5 pick; if it ends up in the mid-teens or 20s Monti messed up.

Regardless of the player selected. They’re two different skill sets.
I don’t thing this Texas improvement was easily anticipated. Every prediction I saw post trade had this a high pick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is a possibility.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Acording to the value chart - yes. But depends on circumstances
According the the chart 3 3rds wouldn’t be enough with the 8th overall.

The 3rd pick is worth 2200 and the 8th is worth 1400 you would need to give a 2nd and 2 3rds to make it work.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Their offense has tailed off recently. 19 (249 yards passing), 20 (199), and 13 (140) points in the last three games. Perhaps the defenses adjusted to the initial things Stroud was doing well (most notably weeks 2-4) and he has yet to adapt to those changes.

In the 2nd half of the season, they might fade and drop back down (and up in the draft order a bit). They still have to play Bengals, Jets, and Browns.

With the logjam of teams right now a fade could push that pick, up or down, decently.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
NFL Trade Chart question...

How many points do NFL teams consider a future #1 pick to be worth?

There is such a wide point spread for first round picks (from #1 (3000) to #32 (390)).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
NFL Trade Chart question...

How many points do NFL teams consider a future #1 pick to be worth?

There is such a wide point spread for first round picks (from #1 (3000) to #32 (390)).
Jimmy Johnson said that it should be considered as the lowest pick in the round.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Clear split in the bottom is taking place:

Tier 1:
Panthers (How will they react to a new coach)
Cardinals (Clear improvements with Murray and then horrible play against the Rams)
Patriots (This team is a mess right now)

Tier 2:
Giants (Could be the worst team in the league, but 2+ games ahead of the 3 buttom teams)
Bears (Win over Vikings but team is strugling)
Comanders (3 losses in a row and team is in a bad place)
Jets (Top 3 defense. Worst Offense in the NFL and benching Wilson didn't help)

Tier 3:
Bucs (Struggling team)
Titans (Been bad for weeks but have most remaining games at home)

My original guess was #3 & #9. Current draft picks - #3 &#17

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Clear split in the bottom is taking place:

Tier 1:
Panthers (How will they react to a new coach)
Cardinals (Clear improvements with Murray and then horrible play against the Rams)
Patriots (This team is a mess right now)

Tier 2:
Giants (Could be the worst team in the league, but 2+ games ahead of the 3 buttom teams)
Bears (Win over Vikings but team is strugling)
Comanders (3 losses in a row and team is in a bad place)
Jets (Top 3 defense. Worst Offense in the NFL and benching Wilson didn't help)

Tier 3:
Bucs (Struggling team)
Titans (Been bad for weeks but have most remaining games at home)

My original guess was #3 & #9. Current draft picks - #3 &#17
We really really have to hope the Panthers prefer to trade down for a haul. I doubt they take a new QB already, and if they don't trade down...ugh, them taking MHJ would be a nightmare.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chicago owns that pick (Panthers) from trade last year for Bryce Young.
And you have to think the Bears go QB with that 1st overall pick. I guess it’s possible they take MHJ, but they already have a legit WR1. But, if they don’t go QB, then they’ll do what they did last year & trade down for another haul.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't you mean rising? I'm pretty sure the pick was lower prior to the Jags loss.
Might've risen slightly from last week. Could rise again this week, but I expect Houston to win out after that, finish 10-7, and get bounced in the Wild Card game.

They're just outside the area for Wild Card losers, according to Tankathon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison