Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But we can’t go out and get one impact player on defense? I just don’t get it.

Or… more… I do get it and I just hate it.
I know it’s not popular and Dvontel would probably be completely against it. But I would absolutely bring in Chase Young if they can get him reasonably. I can’t see him commanding a massive contract. A former #2 overall pick. Still young and should be fully recovered from that knee injury by now. He clearly has talent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it’s not popular and Dvontel would probably be completely against it. But I would absolutely bring in Chase Young if they can get him reasonably. I can’t see him commanding a massive contract. A former #2 overall pick. Still young and should be fully recovered from that knee injury by now. He clearly has talent.
I don’t think he’s a Monty type guy. If they could get him relatively cheap, great, but there were better options out there that could have lifted this D and we just have a ton of space to get someone in.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and Kendall Fuller, CB from WAS. PLEASE.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is the key thing about positional value and "winning" free agency. What's the delta between a guy you're going to get on the first day of free agency and the guy you're going to get in on the third (and after the draft)?

I think the difference is huge at QB (starter and backup), pass rusher, and wide receiver. I think it's pretty minimal at OG, off-ball linebacker, corner, and safety. You're not going to get 4x the production from Patrick Queen than you get from Kyzir White; I think you are between Calvin Ridley and Zach Pascal.

Nothing tells you more about how serious the Cards are about competing for the playoffs more than the backup QB situation. They have plenty of money to invest in a mid-range backup that offers more security than Clayton Tune.
Comparing white to paschal? Cmon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Those were the FAs we signed at their respective positions last year. It's about the comparative value of the contracts compared to top FAs.
And is paschal representative of such a signing or just the worst example?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard