2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I like this one I just drafted.

The Cardinals stand pat and don't trade down. One of the issues I see when I do trade down is that the Cardinals already have enough picks to fill out the roster.

Taking Marvin Harrison Jr. is a no brainer. While I love Odunze and would still be happy to add him, Marvin Harrison Jr. is probably the player with the highest floor in the draft.

The Cardinals did add players to the DL but Justin Jones and Bilal Nichols are just average NFL DL. Byron Murphy II adds much needed pass rush. He's built like a bulldog and improved the DL rotation.

Next I'm excited to add Darius Robinson. I think he falls to early second round after a decent combine. Many scouts thought he would test very well so he slides a bit. Robinson is a bit of a tweener but I would use him in the JJ Watt type role. He offers some edge rush, but can also anchor and stop the run.

Ricky Pearsall likely doesn't last this long but if he does I would scoop him up here. Pearsall is an outstanding route runner with solid size, speed, and football IQ. As much as I like Dortch, Pearsall will play the slot and gives the Cardinals a young dynamic group of receivers.

Renardo Green has jumped up draft boards after people have gone back and looked at tape. Analytics place him as one of the top man cover guys in college football. He's a tough, aggressive corner who has a knack for separating receivers from the football.

Andru Phillips is a really good athlete who is better at man than zone.

It feels like theft getting Coleman here. A RAS of 9.98 means that Coleman is amongst the most athletic guards ever tested at the combine. He had a bit of a down year last year, but was outstanding at LT in 2022, helping his team to a national championship appearance.

Jonah Ellis has NFL bloodlines (father is Luther Ellis) and an outstanding motor. He was easily one of the best pass rushers in college football until he had a shoulder injury that slowed him down later in the year. This is a guy who grew up around football and plays that way. At worse he's a special teams dynamo.

Issac Guerendo was a high school WR who converted to RB at Wisconsin and then got stuck behind good college RBs. He transferred to Louisville and ran into the same issue. But when he did play, he was dynamite. Last year he ran for 800 yards on 6 yards a carry and was one of the nations leaders in burst plays from the RB position. He has only 231 total carries in college, so he has plenty of tread left.

Finally Ulofoshio is a big time athlete who can cover at ILB and Murphy is a developmental edge. When I watch Latu play, you often see Murphy getting the almost sack right after Latu.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach
I like this part of the draft cycle more than what it was 2 months ago. Pre-combine I was worried about what it might cost to move up to get MHJr, or trying to get excited about who might be the guy at #4. Much prefer everyone talking themselves out of the best player in the draft and having the 3 teams ahead of the Cards being locked in on QBs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I used to the watch the entire draft and write it all down. My fraternity brothers would be in and out all day checking with me who their team drafted (pre internet and smartphones). I’d read up on every prospect pre draft so I’d know about the players available to the cards as their pick neared.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed. While Daniel Jeremiah compares Odunze to Larry Fitzgerald, Brett Kollman compares Odunze to DeAndre Hopkins. I can see some DHop to Odunze's game.

He has the ability to make contested catches where even the hotdog vendor knows the ball is going his way.
I feel like everything Odunze does, MHJ has the physical ability to do. I don't believe the reverse is true.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't buy the Florio or any "pundit" hoopla about top prospects. They really don't know anything. I took a quick glance at last year's draft when it came to CJ Stroud vs. Will Levis. The first few places I went had statements like, no way Will Levis gets by Indy at #4 and they may trade up to 2 because Houston is not taking a QB. Also had Stroud falling out of the top 10. And those were reputable guys like McShay and guys from NFL.com

So don't pay attention. Marvin not working out is a non-story and he's still at the top of the draft board.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I feel like everything Odunze does, MHJ has the physical ability to do. I don't believe the reverse is true.
Does he? The film doesn't show it. He doesn't win through contact like Odunze does. Maybe he can work on it, but the tape and numbers doesn't agree.

What can Harrison do that Odunze can't? Odunze certainly has tape of him running by DBs and leaving them in the dust just like Marvin, but Marvin is significantly worse at the catch point. It's not even close.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't buy the Florio or any "pundit" hoopla about top prospects. They really don't know anything. I took a quick glance at last year's draft when it came to CJ Stroud vs. Will Levis. The first few places I went had statements like, no way Will Levis gets by Indy at #4 and they may trade up to 2 because Houston is not taking a QB. Also had Stroud falling out of the top 10. And those were reputable guys like McShay and guys from NFL.com

So don't pay attention. Marvin not working out is a non-story and he's still at the top of the draft board.
Yes. Focusing on getting ready for football and not fine-tuning your three-cone is the ultimate winning behavior.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Does he? The film doesn't show it. He doesn't win through contact like Odunze does. Maybe he can work on it, but the tape and numbers doesn't agree.

What can Harrison do that Odunze can't? Odunze certainly has tape of him running by DBs and leaving them in the dust just like Marvin, but Marvin is significantly worse at the catch point. It's not even close.
Reading this leads me to believe you view Odunze as by far the superior prospect. Hmm.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reading this leads me to believe you view Odunze as by far the superior prospect. Hmm.
It's crazy because I can't do it. Pedigree matters a lot and Marvin is just so good at running crisp routes that get him open. Odunze just isn't that kind of guy, he's more of a bully ball receiver, but he can run by guys in spurts.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
It's crazy because I can't do it. Pedigree matters a lot and Marvin is just so good at running crisp routes that get him open. Odunze just isn't that kind of guy, he's more of a bully ball receiver, but he can run by guys in spurts.
Thats were that Nuk comparison is the most spot on for odunze. Hopkins runs good routes but his no top tier guy with it. His just so physical and catchs anything thrown his way contested or not. Odunze is nuk with 0 diva qualities, his the 2nd best wrs in this draft and perfect match for kyler other than marv

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thats were that Nuk comparison is the most spot on for odunze. Hopkins runs good routes but his no top tier guy with it. His just so physical and catchs anything thrown his way contested or not. Odunze is nuk with 0 diva qualities, his the 2nd best wrs in this draft and perfect match for kyler other than marv
Hearing the personal stories about how good a dude Odunze is definitely helps him as a prospect.

I love WRs who can make the catch when you absolutely know the ball is going his way, and then he plays like a power forward, boxing out the DB and making the catch look easy. Odunze isn't just a one trick pony, he's also a good deep threat and his combine speed is confirmed by how good of a track athlete he was in high school.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hearing the personal stories about how good a dude Odunze is definitely helps him as a prospect.

I love WRs who can make the catch when you absolutely know the ball is going his way, and then he plays like a power forward, boxing out the DB and making the catch look easy. Odunze isn't just a one trick pony, he's also a good deep threat and his combine speed is confirmed by how good of a track athlete he was in high school.

My personal opinion is we should stay at #4 and draft MHJ, and for what it's worth bar a crazy offer I think we will (and I don't think there will be a crazy offer).

But if there was an offer we just can't refuse (say good picks plus Addison) then I wouldn't cry if we came away with Odunze. I agree he's more like Hopkins than Fitz from a play style. Although his athletic testing is much better than Hopkins.

I think it's a little unfair on him to say what he can't do route wise because I think that Washington offense limited him they way they used him. Ohio used MHJ with a lot more variety.

I like Nabers a lot but the more I watch him the less I think he fits what we need. He's not the ISO guy that Kyler needs.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What changed your mind? IIRC you were all in on MHJ.
I was very impressed with Odunze’s Combine performance. He’s a superior weapon on WR screens. He’s great on contested catches. I‘m not crazy about Harrison’s failure to perform in post season testing. He has talent and should be a great receiver but if they go with Odunze it means they’ve traded down and get one more quality player. Since I don’t see Harrison as having a major edge over Odunze the superior option seems the trade down.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was very impressed with Odunze’s Combine performance. He’s a superior weapon on WR screens. He’s great on contested catches. I‘m not crazy about Harrison’s failure to perform in post season testing. He has talent and should be a great receiver but if they go with Odunze it means they’ve traded down and get one more quality player. Since I don’t see Harrison as having a major edge over Odunze the superior option seems the trade down.

I'm still with playing it safe and taking MHJ because you never know what happens on a trade down. Maybe Odunze goes elsewhere.

And while I think MHJ and Odunze are both high character guys that Monti will love I think he will want to play it safe and take the one he knows he can get.

But if we come away with Rome and a bunch of capital I won't be mad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson