2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He is a DROY finalist at a premium position. I agree that MHJ is a better prospect, but Anderson was best on the board and at a position of need when Monti traded out.

We had plenty of needs and we got a potential LTOF or at least very good RT (position of need).

It was a smart gamble (potential for two top 5 picks).

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. To move off of MHJ you would at a minimum have to grab an extra 1st and 2nd with some other day 2/3 picks.
Just gonna say it one more time... I think there's a good chance that New England will want to trade back before taking the #3 QB... which gives other teams an opportunity to leapfrog the Cards for MHJ. The Chargers are one potential suitor.

If Harrison is so good that it would require a 1st, 2nd, and more to pass on him... Is he worth two 3rds to move to to #3 and guarantee getting him?

To be sure, the Patriots will / should be trying to extract something from the Cards when they're on the clock. It would take big cojones to call their bluff and stay put at #4 and hope MHJ is still there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just gonna say it one more time... I think there's a good chance that New England will want to trade back before taking the #3 QB... which gives other teams an opportunity to leapfrog the Cards for MHJ. The Chargers are one potential suitor.

If Harrison is so good that it would require a 1st, 2nd, and more to pass on him... Is he worth two 3rds to move to to #3 and guarantee getting him?

To be sure, the Patriots will / should be trying to extract something from the Cards when they're on the clock. It would take big cojones to call their bluff and stay put at #4 and hope MHJ is still there.

I think we will know by the draft. If the Pats don't sign a major FA QB then I don't see how they cannot draft a QB at #3.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
He is a DROY finalist at a premium position. I agree that MHJ is a better prospect, but Anderson was best on the board and at a position of need when Monti traded out.
Im not saying Anderson won't be a good player. A gamble on passing on him to get another 1st which most ppl thought be atleast top 10. Not mad at it, nobody was saying Will was the next parsons, bosa, von miller type prospect. Monti passing on Marv thats a whole next level type gamble that would 100% have to hit.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Are they? They're $45.8 million over the cap right now and only have eight draft picks (theirs in each round plus a 7th round compensatory selection). Difficult to believe they would be looking to move up and sacrifice cheap labor.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I can’t see a move up to draft MHJ especially with this draft’s WR pool.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I can’t see a move up to draft MHJ especially with this draft’s WR pool.
right? If anyone...you might think the chiefs would sell out to get an elite talent at WR to pair with Mahomes for a few years on the cheap...what with Kelce getting older and all.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
right? If anyone...you might think the chiefs would sell out to get an elite talent at WR to pair with Mahomes for a few years on the cheap...what with Kelce getting older and all.
The cost to move from 32 to 3 is going to be pretty steep.

It's pretty crazy to think that KC moved from 27 to 10 and only gave up a 1st and 3rd the following year for the privilege.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Monti passes on taking arguably the 2 best players(Anderson/Harrison) in the draft in back to back years, it will be worse than anything Keim ever did in the draft.
I'll say this, the Anderson and Harrison combo is going to be better than any collection of players, PJJ, Ojulari, and whatever other middling prospects Monti grabs in a trade down.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Monti passes on taking arguably the 2 best players(Anderson/Harrison) in the draft in back to back years, it will be worse than anything Keim ever did in the draft.
I'll say this, the Anderson and Harrison combo is going to be better than any collection of players, PJJ, Ojulari, and whatever other middling prospects Monti grabs in a trade down.

I dunno. Mortgaging the future for Hollywood Brown and Rodney Hudson and getting (probably) two years of average-ish play from each was pretty awful.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I dunno. Mortgaging the future for Hollywood Brown and Rodney Hudson and getting (probably) two years of average-ish play from each was pretty awful.
Hudson was a total dud here - never close to the all pro that we expected, and his snapping in shotgun was almost comically bad.

Reactions: PJ1