2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading out of Harrison if he’s there while we have a GAPING hole at WR would solidify Monti having “Smartest Guy In The Room” Syndrome, especially after last year, passing up on the blue chip pass rusher when we had a GAPING hole there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Trading out of Harrison if he’s there while we have a GAPING hole at WR would solidify Monti having “Smartest Guy In The Room” Syndrome, especially after last year, passing up on the blue chip pass rusher when we had a GAPING hole there.
THINK OF THE POTENTIAL HAUL THO

#haul
#buildthetrenches

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im in favor of taking Harrison

but if the trade down alternative is something like:

Odunze + a 2024 3rd + a 2025 2nd

isnt that a win?

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Is will Anderson really a blue chip pass rusher. Him and Marv as prospects are two different levels

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im in favor of taking Harrison

but if the trade down alternative is something like:

Odunze + a 2024 3rd + a 2025 2nd

isnt that a win?

No.

You take the generational prospect, IMO. If Monti had shown next level eye for talent and we saw breakout talent from a couple of our picks last year, MAYBE I’d feel comfortable in going quantity over quality, but I don’t think we saw that. We have a RT who was dependably ok for a rookie (who has the most promise) and a couple other guys we hope can be good and had a flash here and there, but we’re talking about who I think is the actual best player in the entire draft at a drastic position of need, while being a generational talent.

You take that guy and then try and make good on last year’s “haul” with the extra picks we got.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
You take the generational prospect, IMO
i guess that is where we differ --

i think that pre draft rankings have lots of inherent variance in them --history validates that. So i think the odds of Nabers or Odunze being as productive as MHJ are good.

FWIW - I also think it would be a mistake to trade out of that talent tier -- i wouldn't be in favor of trading down to, lets say 12. I think the odds of any player there being as good as MHJ are low.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard