2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm not certain whether this is true for Kiper's mock, but it seems that a lot of the mock drafts that have MHJ falling to #4 are generated with no trades.

Sure, we know that Chicago will either take a QB or trade with a team that wants to do so, and Washington and New England are likely to want QBs as well, but it may be unrealistic - and overly optimistic - to expect QBs to go 1-2-3 with no trades.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain whether this is true for Kiper's mock, but it seems that a lot of the mock drafts that have MHJ falling to #4 are generated with no trades.

Sure, we know that Chicago will either take a QB or trade with a team that wants to do so, and Washington and New England are likely to want QBs as well, but it may be unrealistic - and overly optimistic - to expect QBs to go 1-2-3 with no trades.
I think the more highlights of Williams comes out it’s going to almost force Chicago to take him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'd argue that if you don't have a QB, you don't have a chance in the modern NFL and the vet QB isn't exactly saturated with good options.

Essentially the Commanders and Patriots have tried other young QBs and those QBs look like at best NFL backups. They really have no other option.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd argue that if you don't have a QB, you don't have a chance in the modern NFL and the vet QB isn't exactly saturated with good options.

Essentially the Commanders and Patriots have tried other young QBs and those QBs look like at best NFL backups. They really have no other option.
Agreed, but one of Kiper's top 3 could be taken later, so in a mock with trades one of those teams could very well trade back, allowing someone to snag MHJ ahead of the Cardinals.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but one of Kiper's top 3 QBs could be taken later, so in a mock with trades one of those teams could very well trade back, allowing someone to snag MHJ ahead of the Cardinals.
Usually mock folks don’t project trades until engagement goes down with their straight drafts
True, but more to the point... In the actual draft, one of the top 3 teams may well trade back to pick a QB later, thus enabling another team to jump the Cards for MHJ. E.g. Patriots trade back to #5 and the Chargers take MHJ @ #3. Or another scenario that's been mentioned: Bears trade back to #2 or #3 to allow Washington or New England to take their preferred QB, and then the Bears take MHJ ahead of the Cards.

The point being, MHJ being available at #4 in a high percentage of mock drafts should not engender confidence that it will happen in reality, given that the mock drafts often don't include trades.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think we need to prepare ourselves for MHJ to be gone before #4

at that point, the question becomes "who wants Jayden Daniels?" How far down is Monti willing to go? the real QB needy teams are in slots 10-14

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think we need to prepare ourselves for MHJ to be gone before #4

at that point, the question becomes "who wants Jayden Daniels?" How far down is Monti willing to go? the real QB needy teams are in slots 10-14
I have been wondering about this. Who will take MHJ before #4? Don't see that happening. Unless someone trades up for him, which also seems iffy. #shrug

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard