2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
lol

You think that’s going to change if he waits another year…..? He would still go to a losing team regardless.
Maybe a team drafting in mid to late first round moves up to grab him or team taking him next year isn’t as poorly constructed as CHI, ARZ or NE are this year and pull a worst to first. Maybe he just doesn’t want to play for CHI or ARZ. You don’t know what will happen in draft next year if he does stay. Shadeur Sanders is supposedly staying in school and like Harrison Jr doesn’t need the money because he made between $6 - $7M this year in NIL. Whether it’s wanting to compete for a National Championship or maybe he is enjoying his college experience which is why he is still weighing his options.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
some of you guys are overlooking the value of being "in the league"
it carries a lot of weight
But he’s a lock for the NFL whether it’s this year or next. Even if he suffers a major injury next year, there are teams that will take him in Round 1 knowing at some point he will be playing for them and he’s worth the redshirt year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shadeur is also staying in school cause he knows he won’t be one of the first two QBs drafted & it’s arguable he would not be one of the top 5 QBs drafted.

Also, there’s this person he’s real close with that coaches the team he’s on. That might play a factor, idk.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
C position.

I am going out on a limb to say Sedrick Van Pran is probably not much (if at all) of an upgrade over John Gaines.

Monti just drafted Gaines last year, so he is going to want to see that pick pay off.

Therefore - I don't see us drafting or signing a free agent C this year.

We will be rolling with Fro and Gaines.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What I'm hearing is he could possibly get a $6mill NIL deal. That's no where near his guarantee in the NFL.
That said, MH is a strange cat. Strange in that he's so driven to achieve his goals that he may return to OSU to get his championship and a win over Michigan.

I think, in the end, sensibility will rule and he'll enter the draft. He can't possibly increase his draft stock by returning. I'd put it at 80-20 he enters the NFL.

One thing to watch is if OSU lands a top QB in the transfer portal. If that happens, I'd lower my odds on him declaring. He's not likely returning to have another 1st year QB throwing the ball to him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Oregon lands one of nation's top quarterbacks to replace Heisman candidate Bo Nix

Dillon Gabriel, who has been the starting quarterback at Oklahoma for the past two seasons, announced Saturday morning that he’s heading to Eugene.

Wish DG well. He's a very, very good quarterback. A great leader and great example for his teammates.

But OU has has a super-recruit QB (Arnold) waiting to play, and DG, while very good, isn't quite at the Mayfield/Murray/Hurts level. I guess the Big Money Donors got their way again.

OU fans are a spoiled lot. Some were ready to run Venerables out of town after just a year. It's kind of gross sometimes.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This would be great for us, and he's not the first I've heard say this.

Apparently several teams are hot on Daniels to the point they would take him #2 over Maye.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And possibly 5 QBs in the top 10 which would be better if we aren’t taking one

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This would be great for us, and he's not the first I've heard say this.

Apparently several teams are hot on Daniels to the point they would take him #2 over Maye.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
imagine Chicago... get the pick of the litter with the Carolina pick and may be able to trade their own for a huge haul to a team wanting the last QB

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
that scenario would sure make it easy to feel good about trading down

but oh boy -- #11 (as of today) feels like a long way to go
It does, but it's rare that receivers all go top ten. If MHJ is gone, then the pool of potential first rounders opens up dramatically. The Cardinals should consider Nabers/Odunze, Newton, Edge players, and the tackles.

Adding more picks and still getting a player you really like is a slam dunk, especially if you added ANOTHER future first from a team that is a good bet to continue to suck.