2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It does, but it's rare that receivers all go top ten. If MHJ is gone, then the pool of potential first rounders opens up dramatically. The Cardinals should consider Nabers/Odunze, Newton, Edge players, and the tackles.

Adding more picks and still getting a player you really like is a slam dunk, especially if you added ANOTHER future first from a team that is a good bet to continue to suck.
That’s what we said about the Houston pick this year. They were supposed to suck but that pick is going to end up in the 20’s

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
PFN is suggesting Harrison might go #1 to the Bears. Williams goes next. The Cards at 3 trade with Vegas and get their 2024 #1 & #2 plus 2025 #1.
They would trade all the way down to 11? I’d be furious if they kept trading away premium high draft picks going for quantity over superstar quality.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That’s what we said about the Houston pick this year. They were supposed to suck but that pick is going to end up in the 20’s
And there is a GULF of difference between the 3rd pick and the highest end talent there and second tier 1st round talent all the way down to 11.

Also hilarious to say the Raiders are always going to suck when they don’t even suck right now. They’re already 5-7 this season, with a much better base of talent than this year’s Texans. Also, their record is what it is because they have no QB… which we would be putting them in the position to draft.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I believe the thought would be the use some of the acquired picks to move back up a few notches.
Not a fan of trading the highest end pick for more picks, but then send away higher picks to move back up. The old robbing Peter to Pay Paul Principle where we have to take what’s left over that we like and that even assumes we’re able to make a deal to move back up. Sorry… Monty hasn’t proven himself some kind of draft guru to make me feel comfortable pulling off the best case scenario here.

If there’s someone who wants to jump from 4, 5, or 6 and we can pull another 1st, 2nd AND more, great. But dropping all the way down to 11, where we’d then have to give up draft capital to go back up, doesn’t excite me in the least, especially because it assumes we’d not only be able to but also assumes we’d actually make the right pick from players with more questions about them.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… let’s trade the highest end pick for more picks, but then send away higher picks to move back up. The old robbing Peter to Pay Paul Principle where we
have to take what’s left over that we like. Sorry… Monty hasn’t proven himself some kind of draft guru to make me feel comfortable pulling off the best case scenario here.

If there’s someone who want to jump from 4, 5, or 6 and we can pull another 1st, 2nd and more, great. But dropping all the way down to 11, where we’d then have to give up draft capital to go back up and assumes we’d be able to, doesn’t excite me in the least.
You can’t “ prove” what hasn’t happened yet. Monti traded down and then back up while acquiring PJ.
Those acquired picks could result into a plethora of talent infused to this roster thus moving him into the “ expert “ category.
I’m not advocating trading down. But if MHJ is gone and you can get the highest guy left on your draft board AND acquire more picks while doing so , great.
Also trading the 3rd pick down to 11 will get you “X” number of picks. Moving up from 11 to 6 won’t cost as much as we received moving down.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You can’t “ prove” what hasn’t happened yet. Monti traded down and then back up while acquiring PJ.
Those acquired picks could result into a plethora of talent infused on this roster thus moving him into the “ expert “ category.
I’m not advocating trading down. But if MHJ is gone and you can get the highest guy left on your draft board AND acquire more picks while doing so , great.
Also trading the 3rd pick down to 11 will get you “X” number of picks. Moving up from 11 to 6 won’t cost as much as we received moving down.
Plus we have 6 in the top 86 already. Trade down could help rebuild almost your whole squad in one draft!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Those acquired picks could result into a plethora of talent infused to this roster thus moving him into the “ expert “ category.
If the highest guy on our draft board after Harrison can be gotten with the 11th pick in the draft, there’s something wrong with our draft board.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Plus we have 6 in the top 86 already. Trade down could help rebuild almost your whole squad in one draft!
That is only if you can avoid normal draft variance.

Let's be real, the PJJ vs Will Anderson trade is not looking great right now in terms of PJJ compared to Will. PJJ was not a dynamic player pre-0dfraft and has not been great compared to his classmates so far. Of course, it is early but a lot of the value of that trade depends on Monti identifying an impact player somewhere in the 20s of this upcoming draft. I agree that the Cardinals need to draft impact players at impact positions.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You are funny as hell.
Just like when you takes shots at me then get proved wrong.

Like you try to diss me for suggesting HOU wouldn’t end up with Anderson and Stroud.

Then you kept on me for suggesting HOU pick would be lower than we all were expecting because you thought their roster was trash.

Real talk DVontel, you’re a troll who likes to crap on people’s posts maybe because you feel it validates your status on a message board. To me you’re no more knowledgeable than any poster on this board.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the highest guy on our draft board after Harrison can be gotten with the 11th pick in the draft, there’s something wrong with our draft board.
Cheese what if our highest guy on our board can be had with the 6th pick and we manage to move down to 11 and back up to 6 while gaining draft picks?
There are going to be qb’s going early.
If we are not selecting a Qb then “ our guy” could very well slip to 6.
All this is hypothetical but it is an analysis of how it could work.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like you try to diss me for suggesting HOU wouldn’t end up with Anderson and Stroud.
Salute. You got that one right.
Then you kept on me for suggesting HOU pick would be lower than we all were expecting because you thought their roster was trash.
I don’t even remember saying this to you. If I did, before I season, I said the Texans pick wouldn’t be as bad as many hoping it would be.
Real talk DVontel, you’re a troll who likes to crap on people’s posts maybe because you feel it validates your status on a message board.
Nah, I just point out questionable posts. Nothing more, nothing less. Not my fault you want to make it deeper than it is. I suggest going for a quick stroll & getting some fresh air.
To me you’re no more knowledgeable than any poster on this board.
I bet you happily pumped your first after posting all of this huh?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There’s no way the Bears don’t draft Williams at #1. A new regime is drafting their own guy and the current regime is resetting their job security by drafting a new QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if Bears drafted MHJ at #1.

They can get min 3 1sts for that pick and trade back and get Nabers or Odunze. Which is all they need with DJ Moore.
Or they could trade down to the 2nd pick still get quite a haul and MHJ and still have another top 5 or so pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or they could trade down to the 2nd pick still get quite a haul and MHJ and still have another top 5 or so pick.

Maybe, but they ain't drafting him #1 and if Pats are #2 as seems likely I don't see them moving up for Williams. Maye seems more a BB style QB.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is only if you can avoid normal draft variance.

Let's be real, the PJJ vs Will Anderson trade is not looking great right now in terms of PJJ compared to Will. PJJ was not a dynamic player pre-0dfraft and has not been great compared to his classmates so far. Of course, it is early but a lot of the value of that trade depends on Monti identifying an impact player somewhere in the 20s of this upcoming draft. I agree that the Cardinals need to draft impact players at impact positions.
It's hard for me to agree with an opinion much more than this one. I have never unloaded frustration on Monti's trade like I did, and actually still do, on the trade that passed on Suggs. That's only because we have yet to see who player #2 is. Paris has not been a disaster of a pick. He's ok so far. But it's all about that second guy. It had better not be another Bryant "Skillet Hands" Johnson.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
lol I’m just curious what’s a “BB style QB”

Your first statement was out of bounds.

I would say his style of QB is one that plays within the offense vs freelancing it.

I would imagine he would be happy with any of the 3 top QB's compared to what he has now.

Post Brady - he is scrambling (Cam Newton, Mac Jones, and Bailey Zappe) for a decent QB.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Going to put this here.

I think we will look back at this trade as a huge mistake. What they have left Mahomes to work with for receivers is abysmal (outside of Kelce).

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd