2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Think again. He's on the sidelines for USC...he's listed as Sr. Analyst, but works with Williams. One of the reasons he was brought in was Riley being frustrated with Williams not playing within the offense.
You must be registered for see images attach
Could you source that?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d take both over MHJR even if he was on the board.

WR is a dependent position. Fitz, Moss, TO, Megatron, Julio, Andre Johnson have how many rings combined? All of them going to the hall of fame all of them super expensive and nothing.

You don’t need a high priced WR to win, but you do need an offensive line and defense.

This.

You give a decent QB a decent O line and time to deliver the ball more often than not and that QB will make 7's look like 9's.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This.

You give a decent QB a decent O line and time to deliver the ball more often than not and that QB will make 7's look like 9's.
Hard disagree. How's Mahommie been doing with his godawful receiving group? He has the OL and he's a HOFer in waiting. They're scoring something like 5.5 points in the second halves of games, I heard last night. You need some good talent at the position or any QB will struggle. And we don't have nearly enough talent there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard disagree. How's Mahommie been doing with his godawful receiving group? He has the OL and he's a HOFer in waiting. They're scoring something like 5.5 points in the second halves of games, I heard last night. You need some good talent at the position or any QB will struggle. And we don't have nearly enough talent there.

That's nothing to do with the receiving group. He had a similar group last year and won the Superbowl. The only guy they lost can barely get snaps on a garbage Pats offense.

The year before the Rams won it with Kupp and their 2nd best receiver was Van Jefferson.

Even when the Bucs won it with Evans, Godwin and Brady it was really the defense that was the cornerstone of that team.

Nearly every Pats teams of recent years that won the SB had middling receivers. The Eagles won it with Alshon Jeffery and Agholor. Neither of which broke 900 yards.

Give me the next MHJ when we built the trenches.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree that we need better weapons than Michael Wilson and Hollywood Brown, but I disagree with the path people want to take to get there.

Continue building the trenches. Trade down if you can, take Fashanu if you can't find a good deal. Use our second-day picks on a couple WR prospects. The second-round WR is the second-most valuable asset in the NFL after a starting QB on a rookie contract.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that we need better weapons than Michael Wilson and Hollywood Brown, but I disagree with the path people want to take to get there.

Continue building the trenches. Trade down if you can, take Fashanu if you can't find a good deal. Use our second-day picks on a couple WR prospects. The second-round WR is the second-most valuable asset in the NFL after a starting QB on a rookie contract.
I agree. It would be nice to have a Ferrari, but man Fashuna and Paris would be a great set of bookends for. Years to come. Add a FA guard and we’d be set. MHJ isn’t the only wr available. I like the fact that a lot of the wr’s in this draft aren’t diminutive.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That's nothing to do with the receiving group. He had a similar group last year and won the Superbowl. The only guy they lost can barely get snaps on a garbage Pats offense.

The year before the Rams won it with Kupp and their 2nd best receiver was Van Jefferson.

Even when the Bucs won it with Evans, Godwin and Brady it was really the defense that was the cornerstone of that team.

Nearly every Pats teams of recent years that won the SB had middling receivers. The Eagles won it with Alshon Jeffery and Agholor. Neither of which broke 900 yards.

We don't have a Kupp. I think we just disagree philosophically, which is okay. We went OL with our top pick last year. We should have no problem getting the line sorted at least partially through FA and the rest of our draft picks. As to your bolded, if we wait until we fully fix the trenches (and assuming we have competent QB play), we'll never be able to draft the next MHJ.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have a Kupp. I think we just disagree philosophically, which is okay. We went OL with our top pick last year. We should have no problem getting the line sorted at least partially through FA and the rest of our draft picks. As to your bolded, if we wait until we fully fix the trenches (and assuming we have competent QB play), we'll never be able to draft the next MHJ.
As much as I have been beating a drum to draft DT/IDL with our top pick over the last decade, I do think it is a mistake to lock into "We have to draft this position". IDL is not as strong in the 1st and 2nd round this year as the last few years. Maybe Newton with our second pick, but Harrison Jr. is a no brainer over him IMO. Also over any offensive lineman as well. (Assuming we are at #2 or #3.)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

or..pick MHJ,..and use the texans pick on Mims if he isnt top 10 by then

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was starting to agree with you more & more, but then you say something like this, smh.

Even the examples you used weren’t good.

I mean, it's the same WR group he had last year with Rice replacing JuJu.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Agreed, our receivers are getting open, if Kyler hits any of those downfield throws like he did with Moore we win that game. I don't think having MHJ with the same line does much to help the current situation.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Agree. Fitz transformed this franchise for 15 years the way no offensive lineman ever could.

If we have the chance to get another Fitz in 2024, you take him, and you don't look back.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed, our receivers are getting open, if Kyler hits any of those downfield throws like he did with Moore we win that game. I don't think having MHJ with the same line does much to help the current situation.
I don't want us taking a WR until the 2nd or 3rd round. Trenches and more Trenches and a CB. Having typed that I think MHJ catches at least one of those deep throws to HB and feel certain neither are picked off or OPI called.