2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Lou and Ouchie but I think taking a C at either 27 or 35 is a terrible idea!

Just really, really terrible and awful. lol.. Sorry! :)
Guys I just named were elite Pro Bowlers who helped protect back to back MVPs.

Kyler showed his most potential with a decent Rodney Hudson. At some point if we're ever going to want to see Kyler's Full potential, especially because of his size, we'll need a great interior.

Also he can play guard.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Kyler showed his most potential with a decent Rodney Hudson. At some point if we're ever going to want to see Kyler's Full potential, especially because of his size, we'll need a great interior.

Also he can play guard.

I agree with you Sooner Lou! But 2024 is not the year to address C for two reasons:

1. We have to fix the defense this year or we're not winning anything anytime soon! We need a JJ or a Karlos Dansby in the front seven! An Aeneas Williams at CB! We need playmakers on defense in the worst way! Far more than we need to upgrade the C position, so we should go BPA/defense at both 27 and 35!

2. Here's the really interesting reason - I'm not sure we've seen Frodholt's' ceiling yet, even though he was playing pretty well at the end of the season! He may be a late bloomer, and we may already have our Rodney Hudson on the roster!

Here's a sizzling hot take for superbowl sunday - Hjalte Froholdt will be a pro bowl center in 2024! haha :)

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with you Sooner Lou! But 2024 is not the year to address C for two reasons:

1. We have to fix the defense this year or we're not winning anything anytime soon! We need a JJ or a Karlos Dansby in the front seven! An Aeneas Williams at CB! We need playmakers on defense in the worst way! Far more than we need to upgrade the C position, so we should go BPA/defense at both 27 and 35!

2. Here's the really interesting reason - I'm not sure we've seen Frodholt's' ceiling yet, even though he was playing pretty well at the end of the season! He may be a late bloomer, and we may already have our Rodney Hudson on the roster!

Here's a hot take for superbowl sunday - Hjalte Froholdt will be a pro bowl center in 2024! haha :)
Watching Froholdt this year really makes me think he could be a pro bowl guard in this league.

Last edited:

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Did anyone see the interview with James Connor on PHNX? He loves Froholdt and said that he wanted the Cardinals to sign Froholdt to a 10 year contract. High praise from a player that depends on interior blocking in order to perform his own job.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if DJ Hump were healthy, i would be more open to center or guard at 27

but unless tackle is addressed in free agency, they almost HAVE to take a OT with one of their first three picks

Reactions: PJ1

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
if DJ Hump were healthy, i would be more open to center or guard at 27

but unless tackle is addressed in free agency, they almost HAVE to take a OT with one of their first three picks
Again it depends on who is left on the board. If its Jordan Morgan or JPJ Im taking JPJ all day. Would be very Cardinals to pass up on another great center (maybe start off at guard for a bit) for a meh player.

If its Mims or Guyton then I'd fine with that. Also maybe Kingsley.

Lets not take a tackle to just take a tackle. Especially a guy like Morgan who might project to be a guard anyway.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry Lou and Ouchie but I think taking a C at either 27 or 35 is a terrible idea!

Just really, really terrible and awful. lol.. Sorry! :)
I mean if you feel filling out our offensive line with young studs is a “really terrible and awful” idea you do you. I’ll take the dominant oline kylers never had and just own teams offensively.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Here's a sizzling hot take for superbowl sunday - Hjalte Froholdt will be a pro bowl center in 2024! haha :)
So let’s see, you expect to land a HOF player at the 27 or 35. Not realistic. Alternatively you want to draft ANOTHER ILB with a first round pick. Not feeling it. And we still don’t have a solid starter at left guard. Draft this dude and fill two roles for the long term. Hit up free agency - where there are differencemakers - for defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again it depends on who is left on the board. If its Jordan Morgan or JPJ Im taking JPJ all day. Would be very Cardinals to pass up on another great center (maybe start off at guard for a bit) for a meh player.

If its Mims or Guyton then I'd fine with that. Also maybe Kingsley.

Lets not take a tackle to just take a tackle. Especially a guy like Morgan who might project to be a guard anyway.
Exactly. IMPACT, IMPACT, IMPACT.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Did anyone see the interview with James Connor on PHNX? He loves Froholdt and said that he wanted the Cardinals to sign Froholdt to a 10 year contract. High praise from a player that depends on interior blocking in order to perform his own job.
I don’t believe it is far off to think Fro might get an extension this offseason.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I mean if you feel filling out our offensive line with young studs is a “really terrible and awful” idea you do you. I’ll take the dominant oline kylers never had and just own teams offensively.
Frodo is young ...so getting on OT and a guard IS filling our line with young studs

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

You know I would love for K1 to have a sick oline that would maul opposing front sevens! That would super fun Ouchie! :)

But our defense man... holy moly... Did you know we haven't had a QB sack since like 2012?

Defense dominated the game yesterday. Only when the SF starters were gassed and the Chiefs had a gun against their heads were they able drive the length of the field for a TD. And it was a narrow thing.

If we want get back to the superbowl, we need tons of talent on defense my noble and accomplished friend! Tons!

Thanks and I'll give you the last word if you'd like! Hope you have a great week!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You know I would love for K1 to have a sick oline that would maul opposing front sevens! That would super fun Ouchie! :)

But our defense man... holy moly... Did you know we haven't had a QB sack since like 2012?

Defense dominated the game yesterday. Only when the SF starters were gassed and the Chiefs had a gun against their heads were they able drive the length of the field for a TD. And it was a narrow thing.

If we want get back to the superbowl, we need tons of talent on defense my noble and accomplished friend! Tons!

Thanks and I'll give you the last word if you'd like! Hope you have a great week!
This doesn’t seem to be a draft high on defensive talent. There does seem to be a lot of offensive line talent.

Free agency does have proven defensive stars.

Go where the talent is, from my perspective.

Have a great week, Crimson!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I thought KC’s cornerbacks heavily dictated the outcome of the game.

They were seriously sticky and void of penalties.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless we trade back from #4, he won't end up in Arizona, but the play of Travis Kelce really helps improve the Draft Stock of the Georgia TE/Brockers.
I see you disagree, but am not sure why. Is it because you don't want him or you think that a player like Kelce doesn't enhance an offense?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Also he can play guard.
You can find good starting guards later though. If I'm using a first round pick on a guard, I'm doing it wrong.

The Cardinals really like Froholdt (as do I) so I doubt they draft a C. My hope is Harrison and then a defensive stud or OT at 27.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We should all know using a 1st on a Guard is bad business.

Even Rodney Hudson wasn’t a first round.
David DeCastro disagrees.

I agree that you rarely want to spend a 1st on a G, and in doing so you have to absolutely nail the pick. Same with ILBer. If you end up with a DeCastro or a Patrick Willis, you are thrilled. If not, you look awful and inept.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
David DeCastro disagrees.

I agree that you rarely want to spend a 1st on a G, and in doing so you have to absolutely nail the pick. Same with ILBer. If you end up with a DeCastro or a Patrick Willis, you are thrilled. If not, you look awful and inept.

I guess. What did the Steelers win during the seven seasons DeCastro was starting, going to the Pro Bowl four times and earning two AP All Pro designations? Did they even win a playoff game?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd