2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’m eyeing Byron Murphy out of Texas with Houston’s pick.

I also wonder what’s the chances of trading into the first with our 2nd rounder?
Murph is probably a good bet with that pick. who did you have in mind to trade up for?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Watching some of the recent draft picks with teams (2,3,5 years ago) - shows you how bad this team really is talent wise and how good we could have been with better picks.

If all these guys were even solid, we would have a completely different situation.
Only 2 guys have made it to second contracts with us and Haason got his but for another team.

We also traded the 2022 pick for Hollywood - haven't seen the ROI on that one by a mile either.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is some Marvin Harrison hype (in a good way).

Two great articles that go deep into analysis and comparisons.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m eyeing Byron Murphy out of Texas with Houston’s pick.

I also wonder what’s the chances of trading into the first with our 2nd rounder?
Kingsley is going to go before Murphy. We might just get Murphy (if the Cards value him) at the top of the 2nd round.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kingsley is going to go before Murphy
Wanna avi bet?

Byron will probably be the 2nd DT off the board while Kingsley might not even be top 8. I expect Byron to shoot up the boards even more than he has between now & draft season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hot take, but I can see us drafting Safety before CB.

Not sure how much younger we want to get there at CB when we’re already extremely young.
Wouldn't doubt it at all...I can see CB more of a FA target, than impact draft pick....but maybe safety is a target in the draft, getting ready for Buddas eventual departure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hot take, but I can see us drafting Safety before CB.

Not sure how much younger we want to get there at CB when we’re already extremely young.
Thats pretty spicy. Our Safety corps is young and talented; Rallis seems to like Chachare quite a bit.

Our corner group is fairly young and very bad. You can move everyone but Williams to full-time ST role without huge costs.

Reactions: PJ1

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thats pretty spicy. Our Safety corps is young and talented; Rallis seems to like Chachare quite a bit.

Our corner group is fairly young and very bad. You can move everyone but Williams to full-time ST role without huge costs.
It is interesting because Johnny Venerable says his sources are telling him that management will reevaluate Budda this offseason. Not that they'll try to trade him, but 2024 will pretty much be his last season as a Cardinal. If that.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It is interesting because Johnny Venerable says his sources are telling him that management will reevaluate Budda this offseason. Not that they'll try to trade him, but 2024 will pretty much be his last season as a Cardinal. If that.
At some point they need more of a ballhawk at Safety. I like Baker but the Safety combo is not a good fit.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all those lobbying for OT. I have a serious question. If PJJ and Alt were to blossom into all -pros, would it create a problem to fit two all pro tackles into your cap situation?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For all those lobbying for OT. I have a serious question. If PJJ and Alt were to blossom into all -pros, would it create a problem to fit two all pro tackles into your cap situation?
Fitting all pros into your cap is a problem regardless of their position with those two specific guys you get past it by front loading the first guy signed...say, PJ...and if he plays well sign him early ..then make the LT play out his contract and sign him after five years.or five years and a tag.

The issue is the same with Harrison too...the timing is the issue

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not really. It is not so different than having two all pros at any two important positions. Just have to get cost savings at other positions.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not really. It is not so different than having two all pros at any two important positions. Just have to get cost savings at other positions.
Yeah. I totally disagree with this. I think that paying two top-five contracts on the same offensive line or any position unit is an inefficient use of resources.

The reality is that you get three max contracts on offense and defense, maybe seven max contracts total (for a little while). Concentrating those resources at QB and both OT positions really stresses the ability of a front office to keep drafting strong role players across the rest of the offense.

I always think about how the Colts built their roster around Peyton Manning's max contract -- Marvin Harrison and then Reggie Wayne plus Tarik Glenn and then Jeff Saturday. Then they had to really save money on off-ball linebacker and cornerback (usually solving with scheme).