2024 4th round pick #104 is Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
B and T have played with horrible Amazon drivers personal trainers and high school all stars.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest criticism I read of DTD is that he freelances too much. He's always looking to make a big play and can be undisciplined.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It might be something he was encouraged to do as the best player on an otherwise weak defense
Maybe just me but I have literally never heard of any coach at any level of football that asked even their best athlete to play outside of their scheme. No coach asks a player to purposefully compromise their defense due to the domino effect.

That’s not to say their aren’t defensive schemes built around allowing a particular player a great amount of latitude in playing fast and to the ball, but such cases that’s built into the scheme. One wouldn’t be described as either a “criticism” or “freelancing” if that were the case. And really only the players and coaches would know if that was the case so if it’s “criticism” I’m guessing it came from those in the know. That said, sometimes your wildcard player is so good that you have to live with his foibles.

This may be a scenario where the player doesn’t have a high football IQ, but is a next level athlete who makes up for his inability to grasp defensive concepts and schemes with playmaking. That’s fine for mid level college but won’t play in the nfl.

Overall I’m excited about his athleticism and playmaking ability. Looking forward to seeing him play and develop.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe just me but I have literally never heard of any coach at any level of football that asked even their best athlete to play outside of their scheme. No coach asks a player to purposefully compromise their defense due to the domino effect.

That’s not to say their aren’t defensive schemes built around allowing a particular player a great amount of latitude in playing fast and to the ball, but such cases that’s built into the scheme. One wouldn’t be described as either a “criticism” or “freelancing” if that were the case. And really only the players and coaches would know if that was the case so if it’s “criticism” I’m guessing it came from those in the know. That said, sometimes your wildcard player is so good that you have to live with his foibles.

This may be a scenario where the player doesn’t have a high football IQ, but is a next level athlete who makes up for his inability to grasp defensive concepts and schemes with playmaking. That’s fine for mid level college but won’t play in the nfl.

Overall I’m excited about his athleticism and playmaking ability. Looking forward to seeing him play and develop.
He might be the most exciting pick because of where they drafted him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media