2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because I'm a diehard Cardinals fan and a season ticket holder who goes to all of the games. Just not good optics. Several red flags and he hasn't even signed his rookie contract yet or done anything in the league.

He's going to make so many millions with endorsements and contracts, etc. Sign the standard licensing deal and move on already. Sign your rookie deal and let's go !! Fans want his jersey, and HE is the reason they cannot get one.

I was really hoping we'd get a great trade down offer and still get Rome Odunze. He seems more like a Gannon/Ossenfort guy than MHJ does, IMHO. Talented and humble but hungry and eager to prove himself at the next level. Not some silver spoon prima donna WR who treats everything like a business and has a helicopter dad guiding him at every step. Hopefully he is better on the field than he has been off the field so far.
This reads as the real reason you're bagging on him. You didn't want him in the first place.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This reads as the real reason you're bagging on him. You didn't want him in the first place.
Very true, and I abhor The Ohio State University as well, but as a fan I am always like, "Well, let's see how this goes." Just not liking things so far and he hasn't even taken a snap yet. LOL

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I just don't give a poo..a smart man strikes while the iron is hot... Juniors iron is cooling fast...
Might make it up in the long run but he's losing jersey sales.

I can't be the only guy that wanted one after the draft but has now lost interest...
Thinking maybe
BENSON

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Then Dad is his agent. Why do you care so much? Genuine question.
Agree. No real agent, but he's got representation and it's not like some other players who are represented by a family member, because this dad actually is actually in the HOF.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Very true, and I abhor The Ohio State University as well, but as a fan I am always like, "Well, let's see how this goes." Just not liking things so far and he hasn't even taken a snap yet. LOL
What do you have against a kid trying to stand up for himself against a multi billion dollar company who likely takes advantage of college players?

He isn't holding out from the team...he's at voluntary OTAs and is actually putting in work. Doesn't seem like real diva attitude at all, to me. Who cares about Fanatics or NFLPA? He's not the 1st player to not sign....He just may be the 1st rookie.

Heck, remember all the years you didn't see Bill B on games like Madden, because he wouldn't agree to it?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as his dad isn’t giving him advice on how to go and shoot the local drug dealer I could care less…. This stuff mean nothing long term.
Hall of Fame post right there.

MHS hasn't always been squeaky clean. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes they do I believe.
I think they get like a shared pot of money but I don’t think Kyler gets a big check while Andy Baccelia gets nothing.

Lemme look it up.

According to Sportskeeda, 15-10% of jersey sales go to the NFL, which shares the revenue with the NFLPA.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, but he likely would have had one of the most popular jerseys out right now had they been available.
Based on…?

Even if you’re right and MHJ would be the top-selling jersey as of draft night, the money MHJ is “losing” isn’t significant. Much of those sales will come whenever the jersey becomes available. And the rev share will be on more favorable terms, one expects.

No one is getting a Beej jersey in May because there are no MHJ jerseys on the shelf.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think they get like a shared pot of money but I don’t think Kyler gets a big check while Andy Baccelia gets nothing.

Lemme look it up.

According to Sportskeeda, 15-10% of jersey sales go to the NFL, which shares the revenue with the NFLPA.
But I think according to everyone else the players get a cut of their jersey sales. The Athletic did a breakdown of Tom Brady based on his.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on…?

Even if you’re right and MHJ would be the top-selling jersey as of draft night, the money MHJ is “losing” isn’t significant. Much of those sales will come whenever the jersey becomes available. And the rev share will be on more favorable terms, one expects.

No one is getting a Beej jersey in May because there are no MHJ jerseys on the shelf.
No, but like @oaken1 said - you've got the money burning a hole in your pocket around the draft and want to buy that MHJ jersey but by now you're cooled off on that and you may just get any other player available, like a BENSON jersey as he suggested.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But I think according to everyone else the players get a cut of their jersey sales. The Athletic did a breakdown of Tom Brady based on his.
Because the internet is bad and broken now, finding the answer to this question is harder than it should be.

Here’s CBS aggregating that Athletic story.

So the top royalty-earner got $2 million from all royalty revenue. I stand by my point that compared to other concerns, jersey sales are a drop in the bucket for an individual player.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
No, but he likely would have had one of the most popular jerseys out right now had they been available.
It goes so far beyond the jersey. That's probably chicken poop money compared to games, trading cards, etc. He has no licensing deal with NFLPA, not just Fanatics. I don't think the NFL/NFLPA can sell anything with him on it

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think there are any heroes in this situation, but this is a pretty funny and comprehensive breakdown of the brouhaha:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think there are any heroes in this situation, but this is a pretty funny and comprehensive breakdown of the brouhaha:

Thank you for linking in this article. Based on what I read Fanatics will not win this lawsuit but yet again anything can happen in New York, right.

New York is a laws as you go or laws as you need state:)

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thank you for linking in this article. Based on what I read Fanatics will not win this lawsuit but yet again anything can happen in a New York, right.

New York is a laws as you go or laws as you need state:)
I dunno. According to the many lawyers in the Defector comments section, Fantatics probably has the stronger case here. If they have a signed agreement and money changed hands, I don't know what leg Marv's side has to stand on (NaL here tho).

That said, I think Marv Sr. should walk into his deposition wearing a trenchcoat and whistling "The Farmer in the Dell."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd