2024 1st round pick #27 is Darius Robinson Edge

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Mine is the more the type of high motor coachable and yes he is between those two players Dockett was a 290lb guy and Calais was a Ed Too tall Jones type Now lets just hope he has a career as good as all those player's
Now for my real Kudo's actually go to the Front office and Coaching staff for Identifying "Their Guys" and not reaching for the Next Hidden Gem only to Bust a year or two later AND REALLY NOT JUMPING ON THE LATEST "WE GOTTA HAVE A QB BECAUSE WE DIDNT DRAFT THE LAST GUY" which seems to be the rage these days
DD and CC were nothing alike lmao. This board kills me. He’s nowhere near as explode as Docket and CC was 6’-8” long AF.min

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I really wish we would have used this pick and a piece of all of our assets to move up and get either Turner or Verse. Vikings really did great

I'm surprised we didn't. Maybe we didn't have any willing (and reasonable) suitors, but I don't know.

But at least Gold Five is finally at peace my friend! :)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We know there are some who hate this pick, but I like it. Per ESPN, they mentioned what team best addressed a glaring need, or needs. One writer wrote:

Yates: Even if the Cardinals made just one pick Thursday with Harrison, it would be enough to be the answer to this question. The Cardinals had a gaping hole at wideout, and Harrison is the best player at the position in a potentially historic draft class. Harrison should be a near-every-snap player for Arizona immediately and Murray's favorite target. On top of that, the Cardinals landed one of my favorite players in the class in Missouri's Darius Robinson to shore up the defensive line.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish we would have used this pick and a piece of all of our assets to move up and get either Turner or Verse. Vikings really did great
I dont know if landing McCarthy as your franchise moving forward is great. But time will tell. I guess you could say they played it right only having to trade up to 10 to confirm it. But I’m not even sure that was necessary.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
I dont know if landing McCarthy as your franchise moving forward is great. But time will tell. I guess you could say they played it right only having to trade up to 10 to confirm it. But I’m not even sure that was necessary.
I think them trading ahead of the Jets was necessary. Who else do they have at QB other than ancient Aaron Rodgers?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think them trading ahead of the Jets was necessary. Who else do they have at QB other than ancient Aaron Rodgers?
Jets need OL more. if they have any hope with the above said aging Rogers they are in win now mode not develop a QB mode with a franchise QB notoriously terrible at mentoring the next guy.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We needed a run stopper. I seem to remember we had difficulty dealing with no name running backs.

I’m good with Darius shoring up the run defense either on the edge or interior.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
This bolded part just isn't true at all. Watch the tape. Newton is a true DT type but is very quick in tight spaces. Robinson is more of DE, but his height actually makes look even less athletic and uncoordinated. We are listing Robinson at DT but I sure hope that's not the case. We should've just drafted Newton if we wanted a DT.

There's a chance Newton will be there at the next pick but we do need a CB.
I dont see Robinson as a DT....I see him as a stud DE who is going to be really good against the run, and can also rush the passer....but has the ability because of his size to slide inside on pass rush downs.

I also like Newton as a prospect, but I think he has less versatility. I would be fine taking him at #35 if we really want to improve our D-Line.

I just think Robinson really gives us very good D-Lineman...whatever position we put him at. He has a great motor, hes a team captain and 4.0 GPA guy. He loves football. Wolfley kept calling him a "dog" last night...which I think is exactly what Gannon wants on defense.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah the trade up to 10 was a bit odd but I guess they thought Denver would jump them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We needed a run stopper. I seem to remember we had difficulty dealing with no name running backs.

I’m good with Darius shoring up the run defense either on the edge or interior.
We needed a run stopper badly. I remember the game threads last year being a bloodbath destroying the defense with all the gaping holes hopefully with all the DT we signed in this guy. It should help a lot.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have we done enough for the d-line or do we take Newton if he’s there?
Gannon style seems to want a solid rotational front 7. I think Newton could be one of those 7.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I dont see Robinson as a DT....I see him as a stud DE who is going to be really good against the run, and can also rush the passer....but has the ability because of his size to slide inside on pass rush downs.

I also like Newton as a prospect, but I think he has less versatility. I would be fine taking him at #35 if we really want to improve our D-Line.

I just think Robinson really gives us very good D-Lineman...whatever position we put him at. He has a great motor, hes a team captain and 4.0 GPA guy. He loves football. Wolfley kept calling him a "dog" last night...which I think is exactly what Gannon wants on defense.
He is more DT than DE but that is semantics. His physical comps are Cam Jordan/Arik Armstead/DeForest Buckner. He isn't a Verse/Turner/Chop edge player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He is more DT than DE but that is semantics. His physical comps are Cam Jordan/Arik Armstead/DeForest Buckner. He isn't a Verse/Turner/Chop edge player.
If you search through my posts, I have been saying for weeks that I thought Robinson would be the guy.

He's just so violent, so active. With odd fronts, having that inside out versatility is huge, and Robinson has that in spades. His body type is similar to Chandler Jones.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you search through my posts, I have been saying for weeks that I thought Robinson would be the guy.

He's just so violent, so active. With odd fronts, having that inside out versatility is huge, and Robinson has that in spades. His body type is similar to Chandler Jones.

Chandler was 255 though. 265 max when we moved to a 4-3 under Wilkes.

Robinson seems like a good dude but this team needs immediate impact players. Robinson feel like a guy that's going to need a year or two to have any impact. Both Newton and DeJean would have had bigger immediate impacts in my opinion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler was 255 though. 265 max when we moved to a 4-3 under Wilkes.

Robinson seems like a good dude but this team needs immediate impact players. Robinson feel like a guy that's going to need a year or two to have any impact. Both Newton and DeJean would have had bigger immediate impacts in my opinion.
I don't agree. Robinson is solid fundamentally. He looks like he will help right away in both the run and pass.

I think both Newton and Dejean will be on the board at 35 - although I really doubt we would draft Newton now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn