2023 World Series Game 5 Texas Rangers @ Arizona Diamondbacks. 11/1/23

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one other than Marte has shown up in every game sans the 9-1 win. Other than that it’s been a pathetic showing offensively, especially tonight with big moment after big moment staring them in the face to have just one guy come through and they all crap the bed.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could be worse. Dbacks could have been up 4-0 and Seewald would have blown another.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Hazen and Kendricks get serious about filling the glaring holes this team still has and not double down with the same group for the most part. Ended up being a great unexpected ride but let’s not be blinded by it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Hazen and Kendricks get serious about filling the glaring holes this team still has and not double down with the same group for the most part. Ended up being a great unexpected ride but let’s not be blinded by it.
A closer would be nice as well

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Dang, assuming they hold on, Rangers are going to finish the post-season winning every single road game they played all the way to the title. That's pretty impressive.

In any case, I think the DBacks got bit by the same thing that killed the Phillies the last two years - after having an amazing/unlikely run in the playoffs, you can tell they started to be convinced they were the "team of destiny." The media started treating them that way, and you have to know it went to their heads.

The Phillies did exactly the same last year vs. Astros, and this year vs. DBacks and immediately went flatter than pancakes. Listening to that crap from the media is absolutely a curse on your team when it occurs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard