2023 Plan?

Oklahoma Card

Reaction score
It's obvious that Murray and Kingsbury cannot coexist. Since we have such a high draft pick this season that can get us a top QB, what do you think about trading away Murry and keeping Kingsbury? If this happens, what QB would you like best?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

1) Kyler is untradeable until next season, when trading him would be merely extremely instead of logistically impossible if you're planning to field an NFL team.

2) Kliff isn't good enough to keep over trying to remediate whatever is wrong with a quarterback who has shown glimpses of being MVP-caliber.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems like long ago in a galaxy far, far away that Kyler was considered an MVP candidate.
Kliff gotta go of the two but probably will be back.
Kyler cannot be traded for reasons on this and many other threads.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is no quarterback in this class any where near good enough to consider blowing up your salary cap for 5 years over, and if there were, the Texans would draft him anyway.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kliff gets one more year unless the unicorns of Payton/Harbaugh come here. The team hasn't given up on him yet. Have we only been blown out once all year on Monday night? However, if Bidwill gives the HC choice over to the GM then I could see a change. Pretty sure Bidwill has had a hand in any coaching decision so far though.

Bidwill was handed a gift with Keim needing to leave and hiring a fresh GM in place of Keim is enough turnover already. (in his eyes, not necessarily mine)

So I think the plan is to roll out with Kliff one more time, end up a 7-10 team and he gets fired.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Kliff gets one more year unless the unicorns of Payton/Harbaugh come here. The team hasn't given up on him yet. Have we only been blown out once all year on Monday night? However, if Bidwill gives the HC choice over to the GM then I could see a change. Pretty sure Bidwill has had a hand in any coaching decision so far though.

Bidwill was handed a gift with Keim needing to leave and hiring a fresh GM in place of Keim is enough turnover already. (in his eyes, not necessarily mine)

So I think the plan is to roll out with Kliff one more time, end up a 7-10 team and he gets fired.
That's kind of a worst-case scenario. The team was blown out to begin the season vs. the Chiefs, also.

In the long run there isn't much difference to Michael and family over keeping Kliff and giving Adrian Wilson and Co. a chance for a season. We're frustrated and bored, but it's also not our money.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's kind of a worst-case scenario. The team was blown out to begin the season vs. the Chiefs, also.
True. Forgot about that game. That one was inexcusable since they had an entire offseason to plan for it.

Since it is the worst case scenario, don't you think that is what will likely happen?
In the long run there isn't much difference to Michael and family over keeping Kliff and giving Adrian Wilson and Co. a chance for a season. We're frustrated and bored, but it's also not our money.
Sure, it isn't our money. With that said, there is a reason why the Patriots are worth twice what the Cards are. Sustained success and/or the city you play in are the major factors. Considering that Bidwill doesn't have any outside money coming in, (shocking since he has the capital to do so) he should be more aggressive. It's like he bought a CD instead of playing the stock market.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
True. Forgot about that game. That one was inexcusable since they had an entire offseason to plan for it.

Since it is the worst case scenario, don't you think that is what will likely happen?

Sure, it isn't our money. With that said, there is a reason why the Patriots are worth twice what the Cards are. Sustained success and/or the city you play in are the major factors. Considering that Bidwill doesn't have any outside money coming in, (shocking since he has the capital to do so) he should be more aggressive. It's like he bought a CD instead of playing the stock market.
I feel like the dumbest solution is the most likely: The Cards fire Kliff, keep Adrian Wilson and Co., pair them with someone like Frank Reich and have a three-headed personnel department.

I think there was an explicit agreement between Kliff and Keim that Kliff was going to be too busy learning the NFL game to get into personnel, and Keim had 100% free rein there. So we ended up in a personnel nightmare that Won't Let Kliff Be Great when it turned out Keim was spending more time scouting Johnny Walker than Kenneth Walker.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like the dumbest solution is the most likely: The Cards fire Kliff, keep Adrian Wilson and Co., pair them with someone like Frank Reich and have a three-headed personnel department.

I think there was an explicit agreement between Kliff and Keim that Kliff was going to be too busy learning the NFL game to get into personnel, and Keim had 100% free rein there. So we ended up in a personnel nightmare that Won't Let Kliff Be Great when it turned out Keim was spending more time scouting Johnny Walker than Kenneth Walker.
Big oof. I do enjoy a good black label.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is what I see happening too.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I mean, that could be totally true and Keim was holding a lot back including Kliff, but the opportunities right now are too good to pass up. Need to clean house and hope Kliff gets an honest shot somewhere else.

If Payton does not go to his preferred, say L.A,/Dallas, which are probably unlikely anyway, and miss out on his sweepstake AND Harbaugh (not knowing he has interest here, which I don't think he does anyway) then we truly know we have an owner who does not care enough about winning. The fans should turn their backs on him.

Poverty franchise through and through. Let's see if M.B. can grow some

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

:lmao: :D:lmao:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, that could be totally true and Keim was holding a lot back including Kliff, but the opportunities right now are too good to pass up. Need to clean house and hope Kliff gets an honest shot somewhere else.

If Payton does not go to his preferred, say L.A,/Dallas, which are probably unlikely anyway, and miss out on his sweepstake AND Harbaugh (not knowing he has interest here, which I don't think he does anyway) then we truly know we have an owner who does not care enough about winning. The fans should turn their backs on him.

Poverty franchise through and through. Let's see if M.B. can grow some
Meh. I don't think the only solutions are Payton or Harbaugh.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
agreed but those are the clearest paths forward for a team without a great history of GM and HC hiring.
They're the most obvious paths forward to a bunch of amateurs sitting on the sideline.

On Slow News Day they were talking about how the most common path to hiring a GM is to hire the #2 guy at the organization that won the most games over the past four or five seasons. That will probably deliver you an average GM, but if you believe this is a poverty franchise, maybe it's time to open the box on the GM position.

I'm saying it's time for Sashi Brown to get another shot.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Harbaugh definitely wants back in the NFL. He thought he had the Vikings job last year.
I forgot how good his record was in the league.
44-19-1, 5-3 in the playoffs.
13-3 the first year, and SF was 6-10 the prior year.
11-4-1, NFC Champs
12-4
8-8= fired

He costs zero draft pick compensation. He should be the #1 target.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Harbaugh definitely wants back in the NFL. He thought he had the Vikings job last year.
I forgot how good his record was in the league.
44-19-1, 5-3 in the playoffs.
13-3 the first year, and SF was 6-10 the prior year.
11-4-1, NFC Champs
12-4
8-8= fired

He costs zero draft pick compensation. He should be the #1 target.
Oh yeah he was fantastic. I think he had the 9ers in 3 NFC championship games. I guess the players hated him but he was very successful.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Your starting QB for next season:

Carson Wentz ….<ducks for cover>…
I dunno. Reich apparently loved Wentz. Then it wasn't allegedly Rivera but Snyder who wanted to bring Wentz to Washington.

You can see him getting another shot to compete for a starting job somewhere like... I dunno... Chicago? Although they also have a defensive head caoch. You'd think that New Orleans would be a good spot, but I think they want a more conservative passer or they'd have stuck with Jameis. What's the market for a shaky gunslinger?

He'd be interesting as a reclamation project in San Francisco or Los Angeles Rams, TBH. Maybe as a backup with the Giants.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dunno. Reich apparently loved Wentz. Then it wasn't allegedly Rivera but Snyder who wanted to bring Wentz to Washington.

You can see him getting another shot to compete for a starting job somewhere like... I dunno... Chicago? Although they also have a defensive head caoch. You'd think that New Orleans would be a good spot, but I think they want a more conservative passer or they'd have stuck with Jameis. What's the market for a shaky gunslinger?

He'd be interesting as a reclamation project in San Francisco or Los Angeles Rams, TBH. Maybe as a backup with the Giants.
I think he's pretty much done as a starter in the league. BUT, as the saying goes, it just takes one.