2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well yeah, I doubt it too. Most guys will wait to see if they can get more than the minimum before signing with us.

I am hoping we get Landale and Craig signed tomorrow though.
Landale I am sure of. We probably will give him more than another team, plus we tendered him, which means we can match an offer. Craig, I am not sure what happens to guys we resign without Bird rights. The Bird rights thing spells out what you can and can't do. I just have seen we have the option to resign our own guys without it costing as much on the luxury tax, etc.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, I doubt it too. Most guys will wait to see if they can get more than the minimum before signing with us.

I am hoping we get Landale and Craig signed tomorrow though.

I'd be shocked if the Suns didn't sign Landale and Craig.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges is happy for Cam Payne.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting Frank Vogel hints he would start a point guard with Booker and Beal or a 3/4.

Could the Suns be exploring other options?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From AZ Sports: "According to a well-placed source, the Irving rumors are simply not true. There is no possible match and no free agent visit on the horizon. It is a ridiculous notion detached from all current realities, a leverage play from Irving’s camp and nothing more."

Is this source @Germz249?

My inside sauces tells me yes this is true. It was just Irving's camp using the Suns to leverage more money from the Mav however there is a long long shot if everything does not work out and there are no other teams willing to give him the money he seeks, he may come to Phoenix to play for the vet minimum. The possibility of that is still there.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Where is our new insider, @Germz249?

Its been a very busy day for Germz from San Tan Valley. I been dealing with many of my inside sources in the league.

Lol I swear most of the stuff I hear from Flex I heard else where or click bait. Its like he just speculates, see a tweet and repeats it but just throws inside source told him with a possible chance it might fall through and not happen.

Lol I should see about changing my handle name here to Germz from San Tan Valley.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its been a very busy day for Germz from San Tan Valley. I been dealing with many of my inside sources in the league.

Lol I swear most of the stuff I hear from Flex I heard else where or click bait. Its like he just speculates, see a tweet and repeats it but just throws inside source told him with a possible chance it might fall through and not happen.

Lol I should see about changing my handle name here to Germz from San Tan Valley.

Yeah, I expect to hear bigger and better things from you. Swing for the fences!

Btw, I like the new handle.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting to see what we do with Bazely. Isaiah Todd looks like the same guy, only cheaper.
  • Listed height6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)
    Listed weight216 lb (98 kg) for Darius Bazely

• HT/WT
    6' 9", 219 lbs, for Isaiah Todd

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the two guys we got from WA with Beal are just throw ins. I think JJ wanted them for a reason.

I keep wondering if the Suns could use Isaiah Todd in trade, so they can use the Saric trade exception.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I keep wondering if the Suns could use Isaiah Todd in trade, so they can use the Saric trade exception.
I think we can later. There's a time limit, or there was in the old CBA, of how long you had to hold a guy before trading him. Don't imagine that went away, but the time line could have changed. I think if you wanted a trade chip, if we pick up Bazely's option, we could trade for a more expensive player. I think his option is around $6 mil.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Its the only way he could come here. If he isn't actually thinking about that, then there is no point in announcing that he is going to talk to the Suns. Stupid bluff too.

No, he could be imagining a sign-and-trade for Ayton.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the reality of a stupid Chris Haynes tweet. Suns will not be meeting or have interest in Irving or Harden. They will be working hard to get some decent free agents to fill out the roster spots. Bottom line is don't believe some of the rumor crap that is sent out on social media.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t know if a sign and trade is even possible. I brought this up in a click bait I saw awhile back on Ayton for Irving and I think someone shot it down saying it was not possible cause of the cap situation we were in. If that is true then I am puzzled.

I just don’t get the play here. He threaten to go to a team with the no money to try and leverage the Mavs for more money. It makes no sense unless the guy is serious about playing for vet minimum. Gambo is probably right about this being all false.

I don't walk into my manager's office and tell him I am going to go interview at a place that pays minimum wage in order to try and get more money out of him. I would go interview with a competitor that will pay me more.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was a Flex guy early because he clearly has a buddy on the training staff but he has gone total Fonzie

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was a Flex guy early because he clearly has a buddy on the training staff but he has gone total Fonzie

He always seems to be a step behind to me. Maybe I am not actively following him. I would hear things before he tweeted.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t know if a sign and trade is even possible. I brought this up in a click bait I saw awhile back on Ayton for Irving and I think someone shot it down saying it was not possible cause of the cap situation we were in. If that is true then I am puzzled.

I just don’t get the play here. He threaten to go to a team with the no money to try and leverage the Mavs for more money. It makes no sense unless the guy is serious about playing for vet minimum. Gambo is probably right about this being all false.

I don't walk into my manager's office and tell him I am going to go interview at a place that pays minimum wage in order to try and get more money out of him. I would go interview with a competitor that will pay me more.

Correct. If true and hes going to meet with Suns, he must literally have some interest in signing at the minimum. As crazy as it sounds, Kyrie would be the type of guy to do it. He could see it as a fun opportunity to win a championship for a year, rebuild his name as a champion then go get the deal he wants. Its not all that crazy..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kyrie would have to play for the minimum if he signed with the Suns.

If it were theoretically possible, it would have to be a mult-team trade because Ayton's and Kyrie's salaries do not match. The Suns cannot bundle Ayton's contract with another Suns player.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did we extend Bazley the QO?

I would think we wouldn't, it's like 6 million and I expect he will be looking at the minimum, but we can offer him multiple years because we own his bird rights.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting to see what we do with Bazely. Isaiah Todd looks like the same guy, only cheaper.
  • Listed height6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)
    Listed weight216 lb (98 kg) for Darius Bazely

• HT/WT
    6' 9", 219 lbs, for Isaiah Todd
He is not. Bazely is 10 times as good.

Todds stats are so bad they played him big minutes on the Wizards one game - the last game of the year, and he shot 1/15.

And he failed in the G-league. This dude will not be on the team