2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KAT not close

Neither? If I had to, I'd take Harden.

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but I think KAT is the most overrated player in the modern NBA.

We complain about Ayton's competitive desire, he looks like Rocky compared to KAT.

KAT is the last guy back on both ends, he hates contact, he doesn't set screens, he doesn't really do anything unless the ball is in his hands, he doesn't pretend to play defense. I think he is a net negative.

When Towns was playing center he could at least present himself as an offensive mismatch... even if he was a clown show on the other end, as a 4, he is mediocre on one end and utterly useless on the other.

The list of guys I'd take over Towns is extremely long and almost certainly features guys that will play for the minimum next year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading comments from the press conference, Frank Vogel comes close to suggesting another point guard might be an option.

By Gerald Bourguet PHNX:

“We want to play with pace, so we’re gonna have a multiple ball-handler attack on most possessions, but I love the fact that both Bradley and Devin have played point at phases of their career and can initiate offense, as can KD,” Vogel said. “We also want to see how the rest of the roster shakes out to see if we add a point guard. Cam Payne will be in mix. All those decisions will play out in camp, but we’re gonna play with pace and have a multiple ball-handler attack.”

He could be referring to Schroeder.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I am not saying it is the case but yea I agree.. if anyone is to do something so wild.. I could see it being Kyrie..

I know the money figure is not the same but I worked with an Electrical Engineer who was making $120k a year. Guy was in his 50s and was pretty much set for life. One day he got tired and said he was done. Took a job making $10 an hour. Said it was the best thing he ever did. No stress.. no deadline pressure.. enjoyed the people around him..

Maybe Kyrie is feeling the same lol..
This is spot on, 30 years ago i wished i made the $ i do now.... problem is i was enjoying life more when i was making less, but a lot of that was just being young. I have to many obligations now to take a pay cut. But now i have the additional pressure of deadlines etc... the end of the month comes to fast now. However i believe the stress of not being able to pay bills is far greater. Kyrie has made 100s of millions, he should be set for life. If I had a couple million in the bank i would make changes to enjoy my life a little more. In the real world, we dont retire until 65-70... In Kyries world, retirement starts at 30-35. You have to get some before its over

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So...

If you guys had a choice and you have to pick..

Would you take KAT or Harden??
Not only would KAT be our 4th option. He would space the floor, hit threes, and be long on defense (he's below average, I know).

The other benefit is that he's young still and a great friend of Book. That makes a difference in my mind.

If all KAT has to do is finish on pick and rolls and hit threes he becomes much more valuable to me. And our overall length on defense would be great. Especially if we can find a 3 with a wingspan. Maybe KBD and his 7'3" wingspan?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but I think KAT is the most overrated player in the modern NBA.

We complain about Ayton's competitive desire, he looks like Rocky compared to KAT.

KAT is the last guy back on both ends, he hates contact, he doesn't set screens, he doesn't really do anything unless the ball is in his hands, he doesn't pretend to play defense. I think he is a net negative.

When Towns was playing center he could at least present himself as an offensive mismatch... even if he was a clown show on the other end, as a 4, he is mediocre on one end and utterly useless on the other.

The list of guys I'd take over Towns is extremely long and almost certainly features guys that will play for the minimum next year.

I would take neither also but the guy who has been dead on in his prediction says either KAT or Harden will come to the Suns. Figured I would see who everyone would want lol

I would go with KAT cause with our big 3 I don’t see a place for Harden. Plus when we get Kyrie for vet minimum I am sure that old trio wouldn’t want to give it a go lol.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would take neither also but the guy who has been dead on in his prediction says either KAT or Harden will come to the Suns. Figured I would see who everyone would want lol

I would go with KAT cause with our big 3 I don’t see a place for Harden. Plus when we get Kyrie for vet minimum I am sure that old trio wouldn’t want to give it a go lol.

Just imagine a starting 5 of Kyrie, Beal, Booker, KD, and KAT. That's a legit All-Star team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only would KAT be our 4th option. He would space the floor, hit threes, and be long on defense (he's below average, I know).

The other benefit is that he's young still and a great friend of Book. That makes a difference in my mind.

If all KAT has to do is finish on pick and rolls and hit threes he becomes much more valuable to me. And our overall length on defense would be great. Especially if we can find a 3 with a wingspan. Maybe KBD and his 7'3" wingspan?

Agreed, he'd become somewhat like Lopez is now but without the defense OR maybe the lack of having to produce big numbers will help him focus on defense more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just imagine a starting 5 of Kyrie, Beal, Booker, KD, and KAT. That's a legit All-Star team.
Trading Ayton for Kat makes no sense to me. Ayton is willing to play center, is a better defender and rebounder. We don't need Kat's scoring.

The only reason to even consider it is if Ayton wants out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dennis Schroeder doesn't seem to have a lot of fans on the forum, but perhaps Frank Vogel may see things differently.
Ha. I'd be shocked. I always thought that Schroeder's play was one of the main reasons Vogel got fired in LA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the lazy guy that doesn’t run most of the time lol… this must be sarcasm. Our best hope is he can get half a season of good Ayton so his trade value isn’t poo! I have zero faith that Ayton is just gonna turn into a different player than he has EVER been and maintain it!

Although, I will wait to see how Ayton progresses under Frank Vogel and a new player environment.

IMO, asking less of Ayton has a chance to improve what he brings to the table.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I remember when the Warriors were frustrated that Robert Parish did not produce up to their expectations, and they expressed frustration with his motivation. So they traded him for the pick that became Joe Barry Carroll.

It is possible to find a player that is less motivated than Ayton. KT is that man.

Now in his defense. He has never mentally or physically fully recovered from his own bout with Covid and the horror that his family endured during that time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My inside source, the lady on the psychic hotline I called and ESPN says Dennis Schroeder wants to stay in LA and waiting for an offer from them.

Spoken like a true insider.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Schroeder would be a huge addition plus he’s familiar with Frankie V. He’s got just enough qasi-dirtiness/grit but not to the PatBev level. We need some spunk…

Dennis, Payne
Book, Goodwin/Lee
Beal, Crowder/Okogie
KD, Stanley J/Watanabe
DA, Jock

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am more thinking in this team Harden would be a super poor fit.

Now before Beal it would be the opposite.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns give Wadford a look.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members