2023 NLDS Game 1 Arizona Diamondbacks @ LA Dodgers. 10/7/23

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Man, I was sitting here watching some Dodger reactions on-line. 3 loony LA Times beat writers were having a circle jerk about how terrible the Dbacks are while they were also basically saying Kershaw looks done. I look at the Dodgers starters and think i would only want Betts & Freeman on my team. But plenty happy with Marte/Walker at the moment. I am not saying the Dodgers can't win the series, but these clown LA media guys spouting off... they are going to see Gallen 2X and Kelly at least 1 more if not 2 if needed. The young bast are hot, and they havent even started stealing bases yet :p

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Costas is fantastic with the Olympics. His cadence and calls don't match the high moments of baseball.

Vin Scully was a masterclass of discussing the game at a conversational level until there was a reason to celebrate a single play.
Costas has better writers for the Olympics. His tidbits about the players are better. Some of his baseball takes were kinda liwrong or in the category of baseball fans all know that. I guess it's not so annoying when Costas covers sports we aren't familiar with.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are times you should do it. Where the odds are so silly you want in and it works. The Dbacks +110 with Gallen pitching was that example.

The entire key to sports gambling is picking your spots. You don't have to play every week.

I did say to take the over on this game though so that was another winner.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I took this pic 6 years ago at the game. A huge difference so far this year. GO :dbacksnake::dbacks:

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 6