2023 Draft Day 3 thread rds 4-7

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OL play isn't killed by one bad player. If the Cardinals plug Johnson at LG and he can play competently, a marginal center won't destroy the offense.
Oh, definitely a hard disagree. A bad center will wreck your OL. A marginal center? Sure, you can get by on that. A bad center--like we currently have--won't work. One of the reasons we're getting boat raced this year.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Oh, definitely a hard disagree. A bad center will wreck your OL. A marginal center? Sure, you can get by on that. A bad center--like we currently have--won't work. One of the reasons we're getting boat raced this year.
I kinda think Monti is counting on bad play from our Center this year, as to not disturb tank mode. I'm thinking we take a Center in the 2024 draft, when we actually want to win

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I kinda think Monti is counting on bad play from our Center this year, as to not disturb tank mode. I'm thinking we take a Center in the 2024 draft, when we actually want to win
If that's the case we won't be seeing KM play this year

No way do allow pressure up the middle intentionally when your star QB is coming back from an injury

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man I have watched probably every sack of his career and 3-4 games focused on Anderson and you rarely see a bendy play from him. He wins with speed to power and very good hand usage. He also gets a ton of sacks on stunts and games as well.
Who has t between Alabama being on every week and all of his highlights being splashed everywhere. I do t understand how you claim to have wanted him but take every opportunity to try to denigrate his play. He was hands down the best passrusher I’ve seen for the last three years in college football. And his speed diagnosing a play is, imo, unique. I’ve never seen a passrusher know where the ball is going at the snap as immediately as he does. It’s like he has cheat code.

Doesn’t matter. He ain’t a cardinal. Don’t Know why I’m wasting time discussing him anymore. I’m sure we all will be again if he ends up being Suggs and our bounty ends up being poor or average.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OL play isn't killed by one bad player. If the Cardinals plug Johnson at LG and he can play competently, a marginal center won't destroy the offense.
Have you watched the cardinals when they had awful center play? I know you have. And right now all they have is Froholdt, a second year player who didn’t play much last year transitioning to center and rookie transitioning to center. I think “marginal” is being generous. Our center play is likely to be awful.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who has t between Alabama being on every week and all of his highlights being splashed everywhere. I do t understand how you claim to have wanted him but take every opportunity to try to denigrate his play. He was hands down the best passrusher I’ve seen for the last three years in college football. And his speed diagnosing a play is, imo, unique. I’ve never seen a passrusher know where the ball is going at the snap as immediately as he does. It’s like he has cheat code.
Critique is denigrating? Strange take man.

He has been the best pass rusher in college football over the past three years, sure. No doubt about that.

I think his instincts are outstanding, but I question if he can hold up as a true end in the NFL. That hurts his stock quite a bit. The truly great ones can move around and play all over the line, but Anderson is pretty much a pure outside guy and that's it.
Doesn’t matter. He ain’t a cardinal. Don’t Know why I’m wasting time discussing him anymore. I’m sure we all will be again if he ends up being Suggs and our bounty ends up being poor or average.
If he works out, he works out. Just understand that the reaction from the vast majority of observers should tell you it was the right call theoretically. In sports that's no sure thing ever though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Please tell me what that word means. I’ve seen people use it several times on here. I don’t know if it means something good or bad, or what? :shrug:
It’s a reference to a Star Trek hive brain concept. Cheese originally used it to essentially say “we were sharing a brain” when he and I (brothers) post the same thing. The board has seemingly adopted it for that general purpose. ASFN - don’t ever say cheese and I didn’t bring anything to the table!

Stout

Reaction score
It’s a reference to a Star Trek hive brain concept. Cheese originally used it to essentially say “we were sharing a brain” when he and I (brothers) post the same thing. The board has seemingly adopted it for that general purpose. ASFN - don’t ever say cheese and I didn’t bring anything to the table!
You know what I want @cheesebeef to bring to the table? Like, once the writer's strike is concluded and the writers hopefully get their due? A TV show about a dysfunctional football message board :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You know what I want @cheesebeef to bring to the table? Like, once the writer's strike is concluded and the writers hopefully get their due? A TV show about a dysfunctional football message board :D
It would have good guys (the darksiders) and bad guys (decide for yourself), and comedy (10 years ago Section 11), weirdness (Tango), and heart (the myriad of online actions taken to support one and other in a variety of amazing manners). The only issue is, how to translate a bunch of people starring at phones or banging on keyboards to an audience in an entertaining way.

Stout

Reaction score
It would have good guys (the darksiders) and bad guys (decide for yourself), and comedy (10 years ago Section 11), weirdness (Tango), and heart (the myriad of online actions taken to support one and other in a variety of amazing manners). The only issue is, how to translate a bunch of people starring at phones or banging on keyboards to an audience in an entertaining way.
C'mon, tell me you wouldn't find a peek into Tango's life away from the board interesting. And what the board did for me when I was foolishly getting graduate degrees--plural--in Shakespeare and acting, flying me out to the Tillman celebration game, having Duckjake cover room, board, transportation (and booze), and me getting to go on the field and help hold up the flag? Then getting to yell at Corey Dillon on the way off the field lol That was so heartwarming and loving and I think that kind of stuff can translate. Or show how the real draftniks go crazy watching film in real life, and those who just come on to stir the pot, etc. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think it could work.

Crap, now I seriously want him to write this!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would definitely have to be a CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would definitely have to be a CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE.

I spent 10 minutes watching Nolan Cooney's covid struck pro day today. That would be a riveting episode.

You're wondering who Nolan Cooney is now aren't you? Well he's the only punter on our roster and no doubt our starting punter this year. He may also kick off too to save Prater tired old man leg.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent 10 minutes watching Nolan Cooney's covid struck pro day today. That would be a riveting episode.

You're wondering who Nolan Cooney is now aren't you? Well he's the only punter on our roster and no doubt our starting punter this year. He may also kick off too to save Prater tired old man leg.
Choose between NOLAN COONEY analytics or battle royale between @Stout and @BritCard - I think this may get some momentum....

Stout

Reaction score
Its an awful center class. When the first C doesn't go until 42 it's not great.
@Krangodnzr

Also, it's an awful center class. And this coming from @BritCard who also attempted to gaslight with his weak sauce search attempt.

Nice try, guys. The narrative here hasn't just been that we made the right picks, but that those of us who wanted a center don't know what we're talking about and don't understand the draft class and premium positions. Now that's trash ;)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Krangodnzr

Also, it's an awful center class. And this coming from @BritCard who also attempted to gaslight with his weak sauce search attempt.

Nice try, guys. The narrative here hasn't just been that we made the right picks, but that those of us who wanted a center don't know what we're talking about and don't understand the draft class and premium positions. Now that's trash ;)
My apologies.

Stout

Reaction score
I've learned to admit when I'm wrong. We all are at times.
No doubt, brother. No doubt. Hell, I spent half the opening night of the draft ripping Monti. He deserved it for the tampering bungle, but though I disagreed with him trading back up, I can't argue it being a decent move. I guess maybe we aren't all Osseneffed :)