2023 5th round pick #139 is Clayton Tune QB

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Tune and I feel he would compliment Kyler. He has a good head on his shoulders, he's a gamer, but he does have a little Baker Mayfield in him too and takes chances. His arm isn't as strong as Kyler's but Tune should be able to run the same offense. All that being said, if we pick up another short receiver next year, Dell Jr would make me happy. He can make any QB look good!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Tune and I feel he would compliment Kyler. He has a good head on his shoulders, he's a gamer, but he does have a little Baker Mayfield in him too and takes chances. His arm isn't as strong as Kyler's but Tune should be able to run the same offense. All that being said, if we pick up another short receiver next year, Dell Jr would make me happy. He can make any QB look good!
There is only a single Junior i covet in next years draft.
Marvin Harrison Jr.

Pretty sure that kid has been training to be an nfl wr since he took his first step

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
Didn’t Tank Dell get drafted by the Texans this year?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Got no complaints about this pick and he’s got a lot of good film and experience. Who knows maybe it’s our turn to get lucky with a late round QB. The Patriots drafted Brady in the sixth round.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Got no complaints about this pick and he’s got a lot of good film and experience. Who knows maybe it’s our turn to get lucky with a late round QB. The Patriots drafted Brady in the sixth round.
I watched a few of his games last year and a few the year prior. This guy is a fierce competitor which i also think he will have in common with Kyler. That doesn't mean it will translate into wins necessarily but its a good place to start and his production speaks for itself. Now competition and system have a lot to do with that. Regardless, you can see the accuracy and precision in his throws both in pocket and scrambling off balance. I think we may have at least a decent backup QB (at a lower cost). Should be exciting to see how he performs in pre-season as a litmus test :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Probably stupid but I prefer the idea of having a 750k potential back up QB than paying guys like Colt or David Blough 5 mil or 1 mil respectively. I just like grabbing QBs in the draft because there is always the possibility of hitting the lottery.
And Clayton Tune actually has some good traits.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Probably stupid but I prefer the idea of having a 750k potential back up QB than paying guys like Colt or David Blough 5 mil or 1 mil respectively. I just like grabbing QBs in the draft because there is always the chance possibility of hitting the lottery.

This is what camp is for and about. Colt is a luxury player for a team where winning is not a top priority and you're not bringing along a young QB. I'm fine trying to oust him for cap purposes.

Blough is probably among the 80-100th-best QBs in the NFL. The definition of replaceable and not worth a second thought.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Simms said on PFT today that Tune was his QB6 and there's a lot to like about him.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll admit that I never heard of this QB. But ever since I've watched his video, I've been singing a happy toon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose