2023 4th round pick #122 is Jon Gaines II G

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this guy is going to be one of the starters before the year is over. Maybe not at center either. Very good interview imo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I‘ve heard that centers are very intelligent dudes. If that’s the case, then he’ll be all pro real quick. Great, great draft pick. Now I know why Sears pushed for this guy over the overrated centers in this draft!!!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this guy is going to be one of the starters before the year is over. Maybe not at center either. Very good interview imo.

Jeebus. The guys quoting poetry at the end. Great interview. cant wait to see what this guy can do. I know Im rooting for him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't listen to these interviews very often. But, this guy was great to listen to his interview. He's a great interview (IMO). It's nice to hear somebody talk intelligently about someone other than himself, and give them credit.

I'm glad this interview was posted.

It was a good interview. I really feel like he carries this on the field though. He's probably reading poetry to nose tackles while waiting to snap.

Really needs to get much tougher on the field and play more physically.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He'll have to beat out Hayes. Only thing about Hayes, I wonder if he doesn't fit their scheme.

I thought same so I went and watch him at OU and there's lots of good film of him zone blocking.

For me, unless Hayes has forgot how to play football he should start at LG. That's my hope.

Jones has a shot but with only a year left it does nothing for the future.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought same so I went and watch him at OU and there's lots of good film of him zone blocking.

For me, unless Hayes has forgot how to play football he should start at LG. That's my hope.

Agree! But hasn’t Jones proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he’s a tackle and NOT a guard.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jeebus. The guys quoting poetry at the end. Great interview. cant wait to see what this guy can do. I know Im rooting for him.
Agree! And watch his film. He’s a nasty, intelligent, and articulate dude. Give that man some playing time. I’m tired of playing morons that assist us in being the most penalized team in the league every year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

It's hella dumb to draft a player in round 1-3 and then not try to start them.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Um, then where would our first-round pick play?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd argue that it is. Quite a few teams are putting premium picks into right tackle.

I think it goes along with them wanting to put the best 5 on the field.

Of course that means one of the other LG candidates has to pan out. Hayes, Gaines, Jones, Froholdt. One of those guys has to elevate his game to the point where he's a bigger asset on the field than Beachum.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is that a good position for him, though?

He's played RG and LT. He says he can play RT. So has to be really. I don't know how you can go into the offseason with any other plan than him being at RT.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose