2023 3rd round pick #94 is Michael Wilson WR

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wait, you think center isn’t more of a need than wide receiver? Where we have Hopkins, hollywood (for whom we just traded a 1st), Moore (2nd rounder) and what’s-his-face (the guy who actually makes the plays we drafted Moore to make). Weird take. Wrong take.
DORTCH!!!

Remember the name, RESPECT the game
Thank you. For the life of me I couldn’t grab it. And I love me some dortch
Yeah .... i heard that about you

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing this kid at the senior bowl. He definitely looked the part.

So after reading Naggy's post about Wilson during the Senior Bowl, I checked out Davante Adam's draft profile and highlights in college. I can totally see the comp there.

Davante Adams:

6'1" 212 lbs

40 yard: 4.56s
10 yard split: 1.64s
20 Shuttle: 4.3s

Michael Wilson:

6'2" 213 lbs

40 yard: 4.58s
10 yard split: 1.5s
20 Shuttle: 4.27s

After watching film of both Adams and Wilson, you can see that quick hesitation and step coming off the LOS that sets up the DB. Both players do a great job of selling a route by using their head and shoulders. What makes them both so deadly off the line is that those first steps look the same whether they are running an inside slant or fly pattern to the outside. Then once they get a DB to turn their hips they use their short area quickness and strength to separate from the DB.

With Wilson it all comes back to availability. Will Wilson be able to stay healthy enough to make a difference?

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen comps of Walter Jones (for Paris) and Devonte Adams (for Wilson) on this board today. Good news everyone - we are going 17-0 this year!!!

But seriously, Wilson looks great coming off the LOS and really looks similar to Adams. Here he is at the Senior Bowl where he really made a name for himself. He constantly had 2 to 3 steps of separation on the DBs.

Here he comes off the line right at the DB:

Next he makes a hard sell of running an outside fade route and gets the DB to open his hips:

Then once the DB commits and opens his hips, Wilson uses his short area quickness and strength to break free on the slant route:

Wilson runs great routes. Combine that with his short area quickness and strength it's no surprise how he gets so much separation even though he isn't the fastest WR out there:

By the time the Ball gets there Wilson has a 3 step cushion on the DB:

Now compare that to Adams.

Adams is also great at selling routes off the LOS:

Here Adams gets the DB to commit to the outside route and open his hips:

Once the DB opens his hips Adams uses his short area quickness and strength to break into the slant route and create separation:

Adams ends up with 3 steps of separation here and an easy TD:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I realize that is just your opinion, but is there any medical test to measure whether bones are fragile? And, naturally the question is for everyone.
Is not an opinion, just considering his injuries history
Dec 5, 2020 Pedal Foot Fracture Wilson suffered a Jones fracture, costing him the final two games.
Jul 12, 2021 Pedal Foot Fracture Wilson re-injured the foot two days after receiving medical clearance. Another surgery was required.
October 15 2022 broken collarbone
Missed like 14 games in 3 years

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I once sold a jeep to a coworker. He got a flat about a week later and asked me if the jeep was flat prone. He was serious. I don’t even think I answered the question, I just sort of sat there stunned.
My son (13) loves Jeeps. Couldn't you have sold it to me at an insane discount?

Bruh. What're we even doing here?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I realize that is just your opinion, but is there any medical test to measure whether bones are fragile? And, naturally the question is for everyone.
Bone density. Usually you can tell by a guy being lighter than he looks.
Average bone density is 5.0 in a healthy adult iirc... mine was 7.2 and my bones suffered massive abuse without breaking.
It can usually be increased with supplements and heavy weight training.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose