2023 2nd round #41 pick is BJ Ojulari LB

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh oh. Brings back memories of rookies holding out all the way until first game. Wendall Bryant comes to mind.
Wadsworth.

But rookie deals weren't slotted back then. This really shouldn't be that hard today. Not sure what the problem in round 2 is. But, man, the team has signed so many basement bargain vets, surely coughing up whatever amount of money is the problem (and it cannot be a lot of money that is in question here) to get what you believe to be a talented rookie, a possible cornerstone, on board is worth the tiny risk.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of this going on with 2nd round picks

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Wadsworth.

But rookie deals weren't slotted back then. This really shouldn't be that hard today. Not sure what the problem in round 2 is. But, man, the team has signed so many basement bargain vets, surely coughing up whatever amount of money is the problem (and it cannot be a lot of money that is in question here) to get what you believe to be a talented rookie, a possible cornerstone, on board is worth the tiny risk.
It is not about how much money, it is about how/when it is distributed. Could be some guarantee money totals going on there as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Apparently there is some injury concern that was missed in the physicals. Most of these turn out to be meaningless, but it’s a very Card-like mistake.
His representation also has a history of late signings... usually into July. Both issues are a concern.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Apparently there is some injury concern that was missed in the physicals. Most of these turn out to be meaningless, but it’s a very Card-like mistake.

I heard this alluded to on the PHNX podcast where they just talk about how wonderful Monti is every day for an hour. But They didn’t mentioned that it was missed, just that he had an injury issue. I guess that I am not surprised

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You hinted that this will be remembered if he starts slow… were you hinting for other posters rather than yourself???
I said it would be remembered--as you well know it would--and pointedly did not say it would be because he missed minicamp.Unless you're disputing what I said? Or disputing what some board reaction would be?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it would be remembered--as you well know it would--and pointedly did not say it would be because he missed minicamp.Unless you're disputing what I said? Or disputing what some board reaction would be?
Well can you tell me what reason you’re referring to then that it will be “remembered”? If not for missing mini camp/contract related? Maybe I’m lost??

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well can you tell me what reason you’re referring to then that it will be “remembered”? If not for missing mini camp/contract related? Maybe I’m lost??
You are lost, and seemingly trying to pick a fight. As a moderator. Strange, but okay, I'll bite and explain again, in simple terms. When a player does well, the board is on board, so to speak. When a player doesn't, every little thing is nit picked about them. Every little thing is "remembered."

That's as remedial as I can put it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is so 1990s Cardinals.

Why? Why are people even bothered? He's going to sign.

Sam LaPorta, Brain Branch, Luke Musgrave. Jayden Reed, Julius Brents, Tuli Tupulotu, Cam Smith, Keion White, Isaiah Foskey, JMS, Joe Tippman, Joey Porter Jr, Keeanu Benton, Zach Charbonnet, Cody Mauch, Will Levis and Jartavius Martin are all still not signed from round 2.

The whole Rams draft class except Steve Avila is unsigned.

There are 11 1st round picks still unsigned. Including Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and Will Anderson.

It all means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are lost, and seemingly trying to pick a fight. As a moderator. Strange, but okay, I'll bite and explain again, in simple terms. When a player does well, the board is on board, so to speak. When a player doesn't, every little thing is nit picked about them. Every little thing is "remembered."

It's nothing to do with Ojulari.

Agents across the league are working in unison to improve guarantees for 2nd round picks. There are still 17 2nd round picks unsigned.

There are still 11 1st round picks unsigned. Including the top 3.

You think anyone is going to recall Bryce Young, CJ Stroud or Will Andersons off season contract negotiations if they start poorly?

All of them are practicing, as would Ojulari be if he wasn't nursing a slight injury.

Reaction score

Self awareness post? :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If he doesn’t start well it will literally have nothing to do with this contract issue.
You’re right, they should cancel all camps. They have no impact on how a kid coming from college adapts to the nfl . . .