2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we trade Nurkic with the two 1st round picks? I think that combo would equal if not better Capella’s salary.
No.

We basically can't do anything till we trade KD, that's why trying to keep him is a fool's errand.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like Garland a lot. I'd take him over Trae also. He tries on defense and is semi-competent, if not average. Only real downside is he's a Klutch client.

Shame the Suns felt the need to go all in on KD when they did. So many stars have been dealt since then. One reason I'm torn this off-season on running it back is they need to be patient and not just make a deal in hopes of getting out their current mess. They need to make the right move and squeeze as much value out of KD as they can. I think they're more likely to get that at the deadline next year if he can stay relatively healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derek Lively II of Dallas makes the All-Rookie NBA team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the 2023-24 All-NBA teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the NBA 2023-24 All-Defensive teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the NBA All-Rookie teams.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there any chance with these monster tv deals of the suns getting under the second apron just by the cap going up?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there any chance with these monster tv deals of the suns getting under the second apron just by the cap going up?

Yes, I'd say it's very likely we will be under in 2026.

Not under enough to change our situation... we'll have like a partial MLE to use, but I'd imagine the cap will go up by like 20-30 mil and we will be under the 2nd apron.

Might not be the case if they phase in the salary increases, but last time they signed a new media deal the players made it clear they would not accept a phased in cap increase.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I'd say it's very likely we will be under in 2026.

Not under enough to change our situation... we'll have like a partial MLE to use, but I'd imagine the cap will go up by like 20-30 mil and we will be under the 2nd apron.

Might not be the case if they phase in the salary increases, but last time they signed a new media deal the players made it clear they would not accept a phased in cap increase.

Probably not. The Players Association agreed with smoothing the curve. That's why we're seeing some early increases, they're basically using projected earnings of the next TV deal now to help things along. The cap can increase no more than 10% of a year, which we saw last year and this year and we'll the following year when the new deal is in place. They don't want a crazy summer where only a small portion benefit from the spike so that's why they went along with it.