2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there is one single game that is the epitome of today's NBA, it's last night's Hawks/Celtics game. Celtics were cruising by 30 in the 2nd quarter... Hawks ended up winning by 2. Against the Celtics! And they were the Hawks without Tre Young!

I don't think the Suns are going anywhere this season, but if the Celtics can be up by 30 against a Young-less Hawks team and still lose, then last night's loss doesn't look so bad. Certainly bad for our playoff chances, but still.
The hawks are a legit offensive force, they can beat anyone.

The Spurs are the exact opposite, their offense is terrible. A loss to the Spurs without Wemby is beyond pathetic.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there is one single game that is the epitome of today's NBA, it's last night's Hawks/Celtics game. Celtics were cruising by 30 in the 2nd quarter... Hawks ended up winning by 2. Against the Celtics! And they were the Hawks without Tre Young!

I don't think the Suns are going anywhere this season, but if the Celtics can be up by 30 against a Young-less Hawks team and still lose, then last night's loss doesn't look so bad. Certainly bad for our playoff chances, but still.

Celtics have proven themselves and probably have a playoff top 4 birth already. Meanwhile the suns...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Except that’s an outlier for the Celtics. It’s semi-on-the-regular for the suns.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jovic from Miami is intriguing at his size, shooting range and his age, but I'm not sure I've seen a guy all year who walks more than he does. Literally every time he catches the ball and doesn't shoot, he walks. The court mic, in Miami, was picking up the Warriors bench quite loud last night and the entire night they were yelling for walks on Jovic. Also has a ways to go defensively, the Warriors targeted him all night.

Spoelstra is a hell of a coach missing 3 starters he had them right in the game until mid 4th when they ran out of gas. Such a well coached team.

HIghsmith is so much better now, he's a much more consistent shooter and still a terrific defender. Their development program is so good.

I don't know if they can get healthy in time to challenge the Celtics but they're so well coached.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond needs a year long suspension. This crap is ridiculous.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The worst part was they reviewed it and said common foul.

I was watching it on the internet and the live feed was the Warriors crew but during timeouts we got the Miami feed. The Miami people all thought Draymond was going to be ejected, the Warriors feed thought it was going to be a technical but they pointed out Mills is shorter than Draymond so the arm sort of "ended up" where it did because of that. Which made no sense. It didn't even occur to me it wouldn't get upgraded, just crazy.

BUt he made up for it by getting ejected 4 minutes into last nights game. Curry is reportedly furious, called out Draymond, we need him he can't do that stuff, he has to be there.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The worst part was they reviewed it and said common foul.

I was watching it on the internet and the live feed was the Warriors crew but during timeouts we got the Miami feed. The Miami people all thought Draymond was going to be ejected, the Warriors feed thought it was going to be a technical but they pointed out Mills is shorter than Draymond so the arm sort of "ended up" where it did because of that. Which made no sense. It didn't even occur to me it wouldn't get upgraded, just crazy.

BUt he made up for it by getting ejected 4 minutes into last nights game. Curry is reportedly furious, called out Draymond, we need him he can't do that stuff, he has to be there.
I saw the video of curry's reaction to him getting ejected. looks like curry has had enough.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
There's a very real chance that GSW doesn't even make it to the play-in with how Houston is playing. If that happens, I wonder if this is it for the Curry, Green, Klay nucleus.
I think it will be the end if they get bounced early or don’t make it. Too bad for curry because he’s still playing well. The other 2 seem like they are cooked. I thought they were going to part with green before this season. I would have. If anyone can get Green’s attention it’s probably curry. Curry was actually crying if you look at the replay when green got ejected.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You would think his “IQ, passing and leadership” would transfer as the game goes along. But green has been overrated, as he’s becoming older it is becoming even more apparent.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
green is a ticking draymond - everybody knows its gonna blow - matter of time and that'll be it - moved to some bench on a different team - it won't be the same for him so it'll be more of the same from him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is concern King's guard Malik Monk may have suffered a sprained MCL in his right knee.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The problem the Nets have with rebuilding us that Houston has their picks if they bottom out. However the alternative is being stuck in no man’s land so there’s no light at the end of the tunnel in Brooklyn.
Pels seem to be doing it right. Trade Bridges, bring in someone from the Pels org to draft for you, and let the true rebuild begin.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Kings were already hurting without Huerter, even more so if Monk is out.
the play-in race is getting interesting. I hope Dallas can continue their progress in the standings. they finally appear to be on the right track after a long time of inconsistent play. still need to see it to believe it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This kick goes an inch or 2 higher, or Grant deciding to play it up and grab his balls, and Draymond's season is over, probably a chunk out of the start of next season too.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This kick goes an inch or 2 higher, or Grant deciding to play it up and grab his balls, and Draymond's season is over, probably a chunk out of the start of next season too.

A little bit of acting would have had this reviewed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Considering we were widely reported to have made a run at Miles Bridges, I would not be surprised if we sign this guy in the off season.

But maybe Ishbia was only casting a blind eye to Miles Bridges woman beating because he went to Michigan State.