2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That’s the first time dallas has beaten Denver in a while. They also held tough against OKC without doncic in their last game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took him a bit to figure things out but Wembanyama has put together a hell of a rookie year. Early on I had Chet as ROY, at this point it's got to be Wemby.

21 10 3.5APG 3.5 BPG.

Negatives no way he should be shooting under 50%, 46.7 but that's a function of both shot selection and strength IMO. I still feel like he's taking too many 3's. 5.2 per game, but at just under 33% you can defend it.

Impact defensively has been huge and getting better all year, post all star 4.6 BPG.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Took him a bit to figure things out but Wembanyama has put together a hell of a rookie year. Early on I had Chet as ROY, at this point it's got to be Wemby.

21 10 3.5APG 3.5 BPG.

Negatives no way he should be shooting under 50%, 46.7 but that's a function of both shot selection and strength IMO. I still feel like he's taking too many 3's. 5.2 per game, but at just under 33% you can defend it.

Impact defensively has been huge and getting better all year, post all star 4.6 BPG.
Yeah, having seen Chet play, I don't think he does anything Bol Bol couldn't do. However he is WAY more aggressive than Bol Bol. He obviously has the ultimate green light. I think we have told Bol to pass it more.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damn, Kyrie just hit a killer floater to beat the Nuggets. Would have liked Denver to win that game.
That was an unreal game. First time in 7 years we’ve had 2 buzzer beaters on the same night (Bam Adebayo hit one also). Looking back at that play, unreal shot by Kyrie.

But Porter Jr. Horrible position on the inbounds letting him catch the ball going toward the hoop.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a multimillionaire yet he tries to spin it like he couldn't get a mattress? He still has a lot of growing up to do.
cmon he's 7 feet tall it's not like Portland has had other 7 foot tall human beings that needed a big bed

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
refs heard me. Warriors no fouls in the entire first quarter tonight

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My goodness.. John Collins suffered a career ending injury.. his manhood/pride is gone after that..

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Anthony Edwards was counting his fingers after that dunk.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I started watching KD years ago when at the draft they were predicting he would be a bust because of his thin frame. Ant Man I have been watching just because something about his game registered with me. Same thing with Nash before we traded him to Dallas. Same thing when Booker started getting scant minutes. It's an eye thing. You just see "it."

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That was an unreal game. First time in 7 years we’ve had 2 buzzer beaters on the same night (Bam Adebayo hit one also). Looking back at that play, unreal shot by Kyrie.

But Porter Jr. Horrible position on the inbounds letting him catch the ball going toward the hoop.
I missed the game. Saw the shot. Doncic hit a deep 3 to tie it as well. Looking at the box score, which doesn’t always tell the story, it looks like doncic and Irving did most of the scoring. But good to see Dallas not give up 140 points against a top team. I heard Dallas had one of their best rebounding games in many years, which means their personnel moves are starting to pay off.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brandon Ingram had a nasty looking knee injury tonight. If they're lucky, he only hyperextended it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics are a different animal:
You must be registered for see images attach

I laughed at them firing their coach and then Doc Rivers came in and went balls deep on the whole league.

Now I am just pissed we didn't get off Vogel early when we were pissing away games to terrible teams

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I laughed at them firing their coach and then Doc Rivers came in and went balls deep on the whole league.

Now I am just pissed we didn't get off Vogel early when we were pissing away games to terrible teams

The bucks got Rivers, they’ve actually really struggled with him. 30-13 when they fired their coach and 14-11 under Rivers.

Something ugly happened behind the scenes there… or Rivers just flat out back stabbed the dude.

No argument about Vogel though, being as bad as we are in the 4th is a sign of an utterly clueless coach.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bucks got Rivers, they’ve actually really struggled with him. 30-13 when they fired their coach and 14-11 under Rivers.

Something ugly happened behind the scenes there… or Rivers just flat out back stabbed the dude.

No argument about Vogel though, being as bad as we are in the 4th is a sign of an utterly clueless coach.
That may be a little bit of an over-simplification of their record with Doc. Didn’t they come out with like a 1-6 record to start and have been 13-5 since then? Who knows if that streak lasts (we’ve seen this Suns team go on a similar streak this year and then fall on their face again), but after a rough adjustment period, the Bucks have been playing pretty good basketball and much better D in that stretch than the rest of the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Outside of our trade, the Nets continue to show themselves to be complete and utter idiots.

The way the Nets overvalue a 3rd star so they can win 30 games for the foreseeable future makes zero sense.

Bridges’ value will only get lower the longer people see he’s not really even a good #2 and gets him closer to FA again.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Outside of our trade, the Nets continue to show themselves to be complete and utter idiots.

The way the Nets overvalue a 3rd star so they can win 30 games for the foreseeable future makes zero sense.

Bridges’ value will only get lower the longer people see he’s not really even a good #2 and gets him closer to FA again.

The problem the Nets have with rebuilding us that Houston has their picks if they bottom out. However the alternative is being stuck in no man’s land so there’s no light at the end of the tunnel in Brooklyn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson