2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
They should be better. it so up and down from their role players. The excuse that I would make, and it is an excuse, is that a lot of their key players that they are counting on now have not played together for a long period of time. IMO Doncic will win a title someday, it's just a matter of whether it's in dallas or somewhere else. Dallas went through frustrations with dirk for a lot longer of a period and those were with 55+ win teams every year, yet the national media still wrote him off. it's unfortunate because he was arguably the best clutch shot maker in the NBA when he was in his prime. I look back to the playoffs a couple of years ago and miami last year. you just need to get in. some of these regular season teams with great records can be knocked down.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They have like a top 5 net rating all time. It would be a massive failure if they didn't win it all. The 2016 Spurs and 2016 Warriors are the only teams I can find that had a net rating of +10 or more that didn't win the title.
I won't believe in their hype until they win in the playoffs. especially after last season losing to miami.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it seemed like except for a few teams like Phoenix, Philadelphia, and new York the league has been generally healthy. Now you've got minnesota, Indiana, and Cleveland, and LeBron James ankle

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I love that he has the gall to scream at his teammates at the end there.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If only….

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the game that directly preceded this stretch was absolute dog crap and this is one of his brief bouts where shame has made him show what he actually could be.
I was thinking the same thing. Shockingly he has been on a bit of a roll and things starting turning in January. In Feb he only has 2 stinkers scoring wise and 2 stinkers rebounds wise. January is similar although he disappeared on the boards a bit more. If we know Ayton though it won't last.

You must be registered for see images attach

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the game that directly preceded this stretch was absolute dog crap and this is one of his brief bouts where shame has made him show what he actually could be.
He will fall back to earth when he runs out of pot or it snows or someone says something bad about him or its a Friday.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Shockingly he has been on a bit of a roll and things starting turning in January. In Feb he only has 2 stinkers scoring wise and 2 stinkers rebounds wise. January is similar although he disappeared on the boards a bit more. If we know Ayton though it won't last.

You must be registered for see images attach
He had a terrible game followed by a solid 3 games stretch. Then he was out for 5 games and has followed that up with a good 3 game stretch. Prior to that terrible game he simply had a run of solid performances.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope for his sake he keeps this up. Still needs to go to the FT line more. Hard to score 25 ppg while only going to the line twice a night.

His FG % says otherwise.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

If only….
Yeah, that's the thing that's going to have coaches and fans tearing out their hair for the remainder of his career. He'll show up for two, three, or four games... then immediately go back into "don't give a crap" mode for an extended stretch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get why the Lakers shoot lots of FT's but this is getting a bit silly. 2nd straight game the Warriors opponent went the entire first quarter without being called for a single foul.

They're a bad matchup for the Warriors because they're so big but when they literally never get called for a foul it's remarkable it's only a 6 point deficit after one quarter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get why the Lakers shoot lots of FT's but this is getting a bit silly. 2nd straight game the Warriors opponent went the entire first quarter without being called for a single foul.

They're a bad matchup for the Warriors because they're so big but when they literally never get called for a foul it's remarkable it's only a 6 point deficit after one quarter.
Refs hate the warriors now.

That’s the way this works, right?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Refs hate the warriors now.

That’s the way this works, right?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to play 12 minutes in an NBA game and not commit a single foul?

Didn't matter AD got a eye injury and missed the last 3/4 of the game so they won.

And the shot clock nonsense ruined the game, 20 plus minutes to play the last 1:30 because of reviews and shot clock malfunctions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson