2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics are a different animal:
You must be registered for see images attach

That was the best decision I made in ages. The night before they were saying Curry was going to miss the game with a sore knee. You could see the last couple of games he was clearly not 100% so I just assumed he wouldn't play. So I binge watched "The Sinner" on Netflix and missed the game. I saw the halftime score and that Curry had started but I figured why bother so I didn't watch at all. Kerr said that Curry was listed as gametime decision but wanted to play, obviously he should have sat.

They've been playing much better and the margin is clearly concerning, but with Wiggins and Podz out and Curry not 100% I knew they would lose. Losing by THAT much yeah concerning. Last time that happened was game 5 of the Memphis series they lost 134-95 and at one point had trailed by 55 in the 3rd quarter before closing it to 39. The next game they won by 14 and clinched the series and later that season beat Boston in the finals.

I don't see THIS version as being able to do that but they are clearly playing their best ball of the season and getting GP2 and CP3 back has helped. The Wiggins thing is just like last year nobody has any idea what it really is.

Boston statistically is clearly the best team, they're big, they shoot the 3 well and they are a very good defensive team. I still kind of think Denver will beat them in the finals if they get there I just don't see Boston having anybody who can slow down joker but we'll see. They are awfully good.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will laugh at the Raptors expense to brighten my mood a bit.

I am sure their fans are breathing a sigh of relief knowing that they have a mediocre backup center locked up until he's 35.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will laugh at the Raptors expense to brighten my mood a bit.

I am sure their fans are breathing a sigh of relief knowing that they have a mediocre backup center locked up until he's 35.

They gave up a 1st to bring back Poeltl last year and now they're paying his backup that much? Not the first time I've wondered what they were doing this season but it really makes you wonder if there's some sort of quota for WTF moves that Uriji needs to hit for a bonus.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westbrook has surgery. Hopes to return prior to playoffs.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pulling up from deep, D’Angelo Russell swished in a 3-pointer to give Los Angeles an insurmountable 24-point lead with nine minutes left. It was the third straight 3-pointer for Russell in one minute.

The outside shot invoked a loud celebration by the crowd as OKC was forced to call an early timeout.

It was that type of night for the Oklahoma City Thunder in their lackluster 116-104 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. OKC wrapped its four-game season series against Los Angeles by losing the last three contests.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Patty Mills to the Heat.

I think he was one of the few players that could actually help and be effective.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doc Rivers. The Bucks played the first 20 minutes tonight and were called for a grand total of ONE foul. Then Curry drove, drew a foul on Brook Lopez and Doc jumps up off the bench complaining about the call.

1 foul in 20 minutes Doc.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yikes, hope he's alright. Circulatory problems in dudes of that height can be scary stuff.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope that was a one off for ESPN with Bob Myers at a Warriors game. Even as a Warriors fan that was bad to listen to, not that he's not able to do the job but it was just so focused on his return to the Bay area and the Warriors they even apologized multiple times to Bucks fans for the telecast being one sided.

Was interesting at one point he was praising the draft , which of course he was very much involved in preparing for before he stepped down a month before it, and it was pretty clear he was saying they would have taken Jaime Jaquez Jr if the Heat hadn't picked him. He didn't actually name Jaime but he said the stuff that impressed them with Podziemski in the draft was his fit into the system but Trace Jackson Davis as a 4 year guy has been a godsend and they could have taken 2 if things had gone differently. Pretty sure he meant Jaquez.

Podz is great really like him and him playing on the ball frees Steph up and allows them to control CP3's minutes, but if they had gotten Jaquez you can argue they could have moved Wiggins before the deadline and got other asset(s) in return.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not good for Minnesota and will surely shake up the playoff picture in the West.

Before this news broke, i read that they had signed TJ Warren. I guess we now know why.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before this news broke, i read that they had signed TJ Warren. I guess we now know why.
This can be a minor tear and he could be back or it could be Damion Lee tear. What a blow to the Minnesota.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This can be a minor tear and he could be back or it could be Damion Lee tear. What a blow to the Minnesota.

It's not really the tear so much as the treatment that dictates how long someone is out. The removal surgery allows players to return in 6-8 weeks and the repair surgery is like 3-4 months. Might have those backwards but I remember becoming semi-knowledgable when Bledsoe kept having meniscus issues.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not good for Minnesota and will surely shake up the playoff picture in the West.

They actually play slightly better when Towns is off the court. Edwards or Gobert going down would send them off the rails but I think they'll be fine without Towns.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All Denver does is rain threes. And who from the Suns is got the assignment of J Brown? Okogye hurt?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They have like a top 5 net rating all time. It would be a massive failure if they didn't win it all. The 2016 Spurs and 2016 Warriors are the only teams I can find that had a net rating of +10 or more that didn't win the title.

Last edited: