2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darko Rajakovic will be the Raptors new head coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Van Vleet would be a great fit in the Suns lineup with Booker. Maybe trade Ayton for him per a sign and trade deal?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’d probably have to deal Ingram to make that happen. He is from Carolina and went to Duke so CHA seems like a fit unless they feel they need a replacement for Ball if his injury is worse than reported.

Some have speculated picks alone would not do it. So Zion or Ingram might be some players to consider.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This guy should be on the Suns radar...older, injury history, expensive...right up their alley.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy should be on the Suns radar...older, injury history, expensive...right up their alley.

You joke but I remember a few years back, before the Paul trade, where Beal was the apple of some posters eye. Man times were tough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You joke but I remember a few years back, before the Paul trade, where Beal was the apple of some posters eye. Man times were tough.

I would have taken a chance on Bradley Beal a few years back to pair with Devin Booker. Of course I would have tried a Booker-Bridges backcourt as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about this team being too soft/nice …. But man Dillon Brooks I don’t think I can root for guys like him or Pat Bev. Id rather just bring Jae Crowder back…

I'd take Jae Crowder back. Let Dillon Brooks back him up. Play Grayson Allen at guard. :)

Seriously, the Suns need to shake this soft image.

I draw the line at Patrick Beverley. I never want to see this guy in a Suns uniform.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take Jae Crowder back. Let Dillon Brooks back him up. Play Grayson Allen at guard. :)

I draw the line at Patrick Beverley. I never want to see this guy in a Suns uniform.

Get on the phone to Memphis and trade Ayton for Steven Adams and Brandon Clarke? Should work financially. Adams is under contract for 2 years at $12.5m a year. Clarke is making the same annually on a rookie extension for 4 years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get on the phone to Memphis and trade Ayton for Steven Adams and Brandon Clarke? Should work financially. Adams is under contract for 2 years at $12.5m a year. Clarke is making the same annually on a rookie extension for 4 years.

Nah, I wouldn't do it. I'd rather keep Ayton.

I like Clarke as a rotation player, but Adams is an old school center and not as mobile as I would like.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks was quietly one of the worst rotation players in basketball last season. He is 100% a product of his own hype.

I don't want him anywhere near this team. Even if he wasn't a complete tool, I would still be revolted by us getting him because he is a flat out terrible player.

Memphis could stand pat, do very little this off-season, other than let Brooks walk, and you will see them improve as a result. Addition by subtraction.

Statistically, Landry Shamet was a better player than Brooks last year... and it's not even close.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's a bridge too far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks was quietly one of the worst rotation players in basketball last season. He is 100% a product of his own hype.

I don't want him anywhere near this team. Even if he wasn't a complete tool, I would still be revolted by us getting him because he is a flat out terrible player.

Memphis could stand pat, do very little this off-season, other than let Brooks walk, and you will see them improve as a result. Addition by subtraction.

Statistically, Landry Shamet was a better player than Brooks last year... and it's not even close.

I'm not a fan of Dillon Brooks, but he is not as bad player. There was a time Suns fans thought they had traded for him.

I'd consider him on a reasonable contract.

IMO, he got way too carried away with projecting a macho image last season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose