2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book + DA for Giannis next summer if we don’t win it all this year actually makes sense value.
Everyone is going to want Giannis and I'm sure he'll have a say in where he's traded. With KD and probably Gordon aging out and Beal not too far behind, I can't see him having any interest in coming to the Valley. I know you're not saying it will happen but I think it's highly unlikely.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only reason Giannis might want to be here would be because of Booker, he isn't going to ditch the Bucks to play with a 36 year old Durant.

We won't be able to get him. We have shot our wad.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Usman Garuba is good enough for a two-way contract with the Warriors.

Yeah, I was hoping the Suns would do the same instead of looking at it as "5 backup centers."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight Howard will meet with the Warriors next week as they have been looking for a reserve big man.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The only reason Giannis might want to be here would be because of Booker, he isn't going to ditch the Bucks to play with a 36 year old Durant.

Keep an open mind. In only a couple of years, the Suns will be able to trade their 2038 first-round pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Right… because Giannis could have easily been gotten by Cam Johnson and 4 first round picks!

Or… we’ll never be able to added big time talent to Booker and KD now… until we got Bradley Beal.

Or… we’ll be stuck with the dregs of the league in FA from here till 2040… except for getting Eric Gordon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right… because Giannis could have easily been gotten by Cam Johnson and 4 first round picks!

Or… we’ll never be able to added big time talent to Booker and KD now… until we got Bradley Beal.

Or… we’ll be stuck with the dregs of the league in FA from here till 2040… except for getting Eric Gordon.

Nah, Giannis isn't in his mid 30s and he isn't injured all the time, he'd cost a lot more.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarred Vanderbilt agrees to a 4 year, $48 million extension with the Lakers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like this move for Oubre and the Sixers.

I think he ends up stapled to the bench. They already had guys complaining about a lack of touches and they've got issues with defensive breakdowns, I don't think bringing in an all-world level ball hog who makes awful defensive choices is going to go over well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he ends up stapled to the bench. They already had guys complaining about a lack of touches and they've got issues with defensive breakdowns, I don't think bringing in an all-world level ball hog who makes awful defensive choices is going to go over well.

You are more down on Oubre than most others. I think they need shot creators in Philly and he can do that for himself. They don't have any good wings there either. He might even start. He'll give them 15 points a game and with a real rim protector behind him I think his gambles won't cost them too much.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are more down on Oubre than most others. I think they need shot creators in Philly and he can do that for himself. They don't have any good wings there either. He might even start. He'll give them 15 points a game and with a real rim protector behind him I think his gambles won't cost them too much.
I think Oubre is a guy who takes a lot of terrible shots, I wouldn’t call him a shot creator.

Everywhere he goes he puts up stats, very inefficient stats, and his teams always play better when he isn’t on the court.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I do too. They need a boost of energy there. Embiid and Harden are ball stoppers, I get Oubre does this but he has other intangibles that he’ll bring to them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not sure I do.

Tobias already not happy with his amount of touches, now you bring in another selfish ballhog. Doesn't seem like such a good idea to me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure I do.

Tobias already not happy with his amount of touches, now you bring in another selfish ballhog. Doesn't seem like such a good idea to me.

Tobias Harris has one of the worst contracts in the league. He has no right to complain about touches when he hasn't earned his deal any year he's been there. I know Philly offered him that deal but he still hasn't lived up to it in any way whatsoever. He's due $39m next year and will have accumulated just over $250m over the course of his career. He wants touches now because his deal is finally ending but I'd be surprised if he makes over $20m a year elsewhere.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tobias Harris has one of the worst contracts in the league. He has no right to complain about touches when he hasn't earned his deal any year he's been there. I know Philly offered him that deal but he still hasn't lived up to it in any way whatsoever. He's due $39m next year and will have accumulated just over $250m over the course of his career. He wants touches now because his deal is finally ending but I'd be surprised if he makes over $20m a year elsewhere.

I thought they were trying to move Harris too, they very well could if a team is looking to get an expiring.