2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trey Jemison, formerly with the Suns in summer league, will get a 10-day contract from the Wizards.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizzlies are trash. Bulls slightly better?

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0413.jpeg
    IMG_0413.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 6

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Ja being out for the season and the Grizz missing a few other key players they're really bad this year. The Bulls are just the Bulls. Can't seem to get it together.

You got some good seats though. Very cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trae Young has been placed in concussion protocol by Hawks.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
-
It’s because you joined the team that beat you lol. Imagine if Booker joined the Nuggets last summer after they knocked us out. I’m a KD fan but he’s got a terrible awareness level.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
-
It’s because you joined the team that beat you lol. Imagine if Booker joined the Nuggets last summer after they knocked us out. I’m a KD fan but he’s got a terrible awareness level.
Hmm, did you win 6 championship and 6 Finals' MVP? I must have missed that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-

He isn't even in the territory... I don't think he's even in the conversation for top 10 right now. In his last 5 years his only accolade is an All-NBA 2nd team selection. Coattail riding with the Warriors and a disastrous run in Brooklyn characterized by hatchet jobs on coaches and trade demands are not the stuff legends are made off.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He isn't even in the territory... I don't think he's even in the conversation for top 10 right now. In his last 5 years his only accolade is an All-NBA 2nd team selection. Coattail riding with the Warriors and a disastrous run in Brooklyn characterized by hatchet jobs on coaches and trade demands are not the stuff legends are made off.
I think you could debate conversation for top ten. No I don’t want too but put a pull up I’d put him in it

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's one of the least aware superstars in sports history. an incredible player, but he doesn't make it easy to root for him, even if he's on your team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you could debate conversation for top ten. No I don’t want too but put a pull up I’d put him in it

Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Curry, Hakeem.

That is 10 guys that I think he has zero case to be above, I came up with that list in about 15 seconds.

I am not sure where I'd place him, but it's closer to 20 than to 10.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, LeBron, Curry, Hakeem.

That is 10 guys that I think he has zero case to be above, I came up with that list in about 15 seconds.

I am not sure where I'd place him, but it's closer to 20 than to 10.
As much as I hate Kobe, he’s above Durant as well. First name that immediately come to mind.

But he’s got a solid argument after that with anyone who comes next, even with the gravy training on the Warriors. Although that stint and lack of success elsewhere really does complicate his legacy and where he stands in the Mount Rushmore of NBA legends.

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If
As much as I hate Kobe, he’s above him. First name that immediately come to mind.

But he’s got a solid argument after that with anyone who comes next, even with the gravy training on the Warriors. Although that stint and lack of success elsewhere really does complicate his legacy and where he stands in the Mount Rushmore of NBA legends.
if he wins it this year and next for the Suns, Durant is on Mount Rushmore in my eyes

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I hate Kobe, he’s above Durant as well. First name that immediately come to mind.

I agree on Kobe, I'd put him above Durant as well, but I'd put him behind those other guys.

I do think Durant is a more skilled player but Kobe's force of personality drove him to a lot of success (and also ruined any chance of success at a few stages of his career). Durant's total lack of personality and leadership are probably his biggest faults as a player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If

if he wins it this year and next for the Suns, Durant is on Mount Rushmore in my eyes
Well, yeah. That would be an absolutely incredible accomplishment. He leads a title-less franchise to back to back titles, that completely rewrites his entire story. And would probably rewrite anyone’s story.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, yeah. That would be an absolutely incredible accomplishment. He leads a title-less franchise to back to back titles, that completely rewrites his entire story. And would probably rewrite anyone’s story.
Even if he wins 1 I’d be the biggest Durant fan lol if he helped get the Suns their first title! He’s one of the best to ever play the game anyway. People put to much in ranking players total points and what not but some players play forever. Robert Horry has a ton of rings but no one would say he’s one of the best to ever play. KD is straight up nasty scorer one of the best to ever do it period!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if he wins 1 I’d be the biggest Durant fan lol if he helped get the Suns their first title! He’s one of the best to ever play the game anyway. People put to much in ranking players total points and what not but some players play forever. Robert Horry has a ton of rings but no one would say he’s one of the best to ever play. KD is straight up nasty scorer one of the best to ever do it period!

I feel like your argument is contradictory.

There is too much of an emphasis on points (I can agree with that) but KD is an all time great because he is so good at scoring?

Carmelo Anthony is in the top 10 in all time scoring and I'd put him, easily, outside my top 100 in all time players.

KD is worlds better than Anthony but when I look at the greatest players ever, they are guys that achieved individual greatness and, through their own stardom, won several titles. A long stretch of greatness is also a big factor, IMO.

Between his lack of success outside of Golden State and his lack of accolades since his late 20s, he doesn't have a case.