2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any team that gives this guys max after this contract? You get what you deserve. I can’t see any team outside of being desperate giving this guy max.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude has no self-awareness.
No, I think he does. He knows the money is guaranteed and he wants people to stop questioning him about his garbage play.

If he lets everyone know he only cares about the money, people will no longer expect anything from him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
No, I think he does. He knows the money is guaranteed and he wants people to stop questioning him about his garbage play.

If he lets everyone know he only cares about the money, people will no longer expect anything from him.
I have not seen any evidence DA is capable of that level of thinking/manipulation. I think he truly believes he's worth the max.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still surprised people thought he was all of a sudden going to go ham for Portland. Dude’s the second coming of Benoit Benjamin.
Did a bunch of people think that? I knew he could help them defensively but no way I thought he was going to become an offensive juggernaut all of the sudden. Too many of his shots came from assists and we all head seen he couldn't create his shot or be aggressive enough around the rim. I like your comparison.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a bunch of people think that? I knew he could help them defensively but no way I thought he was going to become an offensive juggernaut all of the sudden. Too many of his shots came from assists and we all head seen he couldn't create his show or be aggressive enough around the rim. I like your comparison.
I thought, with our new coach and new ownership, there was a chance the light would come on for him if we kept him but I never gave much thought to what he'd become if we traded him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a bunch of people think that? I knew he could help them defensively but no way I thought he was going to become an offensive juggernaut all of the sudden. Too many of his shots came from assists and we all head seen he couldn't create his show or be aggressive enough around the rim. I like your comparison.
There were definitely a couple who were saying they wouldn’t be surprised if he was an All-Star. I think someone here even projected he would average like 25/13.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were definitely a couple who were saying they wouldn’t be surprised if he was an All-Star. I think someone here even projected he would average like 25/13.

I figured he's start off hot (something like 20-10) but by mid season he'd slip back into his old habits.

Instead he started off in his old habits and now isn't bothering to try at all.

It took occasional public shamings for him to show good effort on a title contender that looked like it was a ton of fun to play for. Should have known that he'd fall off a cliff playing for a team in the gutter.

I bet over the next couple years he misses 30-50 games per season with "soreness".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically if every team were healthy I don’t see anyone beating the Clippers in a 7 game series. They’re so deep it’s silly.
Beyond health, their biggest roadblock is… they’re the Clippers. Over the last decade or so, that franchise has had so many opportunities to take the big step, with loaded teams and fell flat on their faces. For whatever rhyme or reason, that’ll happen again this year.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beyond health, their biggest roadblock is… they’re the Clippers. Over the last decade or so, that franchise has had so many opportunities to take the big step, with loaded teams and fell flat on their faces. For whatever rhyme or reason, that’ll happen again this year.
Have a hard time believing they will be fully healthy come the end of the season. Unfortunately the same could be said about us. It’s always the healthy team that’s hot at the right time that makes it, could be a number of teams this year… gonna be interesting!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
yall know me lol I would've traded Ayton for Nurk straight up - for the mental and salary dumps alone it provided - but the phoenix press was nice and called it "addition by subtraction"

Nurk has had the far superior year - not just stat wise but Nurk doesn't just show up in games he literally shows up to games - team first basketball - add in Grayson Allen and I'm pretty sure there isn't a Suns fan on the planet who can't appreciate this trade