2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a steal for Indiana. Siakam will help them improve their defense and rebounding while being a lob threat with Tyrese when he returns.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three first rounders? Wait. Did Siakam change his mind about testing free agency? Because just a day or so ago he warned that teams that anybody that trades for him, he won't sign with because he is going to test free agency. Would the Pacers give up three first rounders for him knowing that or did he change his mind?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Three first rounders? Wait. Did Siakam change his mind about testing free agency? Because just a day or so ago he warned that teams that anybody that trades for him, he won't sign with because he is going to test free agency. Would the Pacers give up three first rounders for him knowing that or did he change his mind?

The picks aren't great. The Raptors get the Pacers 1st this year and in 2026 while also getting the lesser of a pick this year from like 3 teams, so 2 1sts this year and a future 1st for Bruce Brown and filler. Brown hasn't been good in Indiana either so it was a steal for them. They have bird rights on Siakam and can offer an extra year and more money than anyone else. Siakam can say anything but players turning down money doesn't happen often. Plus he's paired with the best young PG in the league. He won't find a better situation.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really dont believe this. If this is really true then i will take back all the “DominAyton” talk.

Btw what happened the German poster Slinsin, with that “Welcome to Amareca” pfp?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good Lort:

I thought Edwards would be a bust of sorts. Like possibly Harold Miner or Isiah Rider. At best he'd be Jamal Crawford that dunked. I was very wrong. He was absolutely the right pick at #1 overall. I thought Wiseman would be a stud and would be the better player to select. I was very wrong on both. Anthony Edwards is amazing and Minnesota really lucked out getting him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Edwards would be a bust of sorts. Like possibly Harold Miner or Isiah Rider. At best he'd be Jamal Crawford that dunked. I was very wrong. He was absolutely the right pick at #1 overall. I thought Wiseman would be a stud and would be the better player to select. I was very wrong on both. Anthony Edwards is amazing and Minnesota really lucked out getting him.

I remember my Harold Minor rookie card being worth up 60 at some point. What a bust.
AntMan was a little disappointing in the lost to the lakers for the play in, but his stats in the major categories have gone up every year and he's yet to reach prime AntMan.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I really dont believe this. If this is really true then i will take back all the “DominAyton” talk.

Btw what happened the German poster Slinsin, with that “Welcome to Amareca” pfp?

Lol Homberg was making fun of him saying the new call of duty maps came out. I guess the organization sent people to his house. Somehow fans and other players made it to the game but somehow he couldn’t make it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fell for the Baby Jordan hype almost as hard as I fell for the Andrew Wiggins hype. I thought Edwards would put up nice stats but doubted he'd ever get beyond his poor shot decisions and would ultimately be the next Lavine (who I initially thought would be a superstar). Isaiah Rider was an incredible basketball player at UNLV and in the NBA once he got out of Minnesota. It seemed like he ate our lunch every time we faced him. Hate to see anyone go crazy like he sort of did with his physical assaults, possible drug habit along with his frequent clashes with fans, coaches and management. I thought Wiseman was a few years away but had a great future in the NBA.