2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
*As the PS nears a close, it seems obvious that the team will start Paris at RT and 'down the road' probably move him to LT.
*So, with one PS game to go, imo, our OL looks like this:
LT-Hump
LG-TBD (Wilkinson, Daley, Hayes, Waiver Wire)
C-Froholdt
RG-Hernandez
RT-Johnson
*Just wondering if the following could be an option? Move Paris from RT to LG, and insert Josh Jones (read that he's had high grades against KC) or Beachum at RT. This might be our best five man group, but would it slow PJ's development.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
*As the PS nears a close, it seems obvious that the team will start Paris at RT and 'down the road' probably move him to LT.
LT-Hump
C-Froholdt
RG-Hernandez
RT-Johnson
*Just wondering if the following could be an option? Move Paris from RT to LG, and insert Josh Jones (read that he's had high grades against KC) or Beachum at RT. This might be our best five man group, but would it slow PJ's development.
Mo has been running with the 2's at RG, right?...and seems to be getting some praise. I wonder if could step in at LG and start????

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mo has been running with the 2's at RG, right?...and seems to be getting some praise. I wonder if could step in at LG and start????
he played RG in game 1, and LG in game 2. Jones also played RT in game 1 and LT in game 2. Not sure how much to make of it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LT-Hump
C-Froholdt
RG-Hernandez
RT-Johnson

My guess is the Cardinals are very comfortable with :

Hump
Wilkinson
Froholdt
Hernandez
Johnson

That IMO is your starting OL heading into the season.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's an except (written by Diante Lee)
from The Athletic's recent article,

What can each 2023 NFL first-round pick accomplish in Year 1?

6. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Arizona Cardinals

Nobody is giving out preseason awards (least of all to rookie linemen), but I feel great right now about having had Johnson as my top-ranked tackle in the 2023 draft class.

In his two appearances so far, his agility and length have been evident, especially against the Broncos’ Randy Gregory. Johnson doesn’t have to overset to cut off rush angles, and his active feet keep him in winning position against countermoves. He still needs to add some lower-body strength, because he’s creating little movement in the run game, but he’s a safe pick to be the top-performing rookie tackle. — Lee

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Athletic Football Show was doing their prospect previews and said that PJJ would be the third- or fourth-best tackle prospect in the 2024 draft.
Same could be said for Bryce Young. This was a weaker draft than the past few years, which puts a premium on....getting future picks!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch much of this preseason but I thought Paris was better than I expected. I didn't love the pick but I'm ok with it now. We're going to be terrible, he'll play a ton of NFL snaps and get better, and when he struggles it won't matter in the whole scheme because we're terrible. AS long as he's coached to learn from his mistakes I think it will end up being a solid pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If the info about future drafts is true, then this a GREAT point.
It was said over and over by the top draft analysts. And if you need a tackle, you take a tackle. It would be a disaster to consider what is in the draft pool next year. Maybe all of the top guys tear their ACLs or decide to stay in school another year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We should get another one.
Agree... man it would be awesome if kyler comes back looking like the one... but we trade the Texans pick for #3... to grab MHJ...then use our pick plus others to grab an OT in the top 10 and a DL disruptor around 15

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agree... man it would be awesome if kyler comes back looking like the one... but we trade the Texans pick for #3... to grab MHJ...then use our pick plus others to grab an OT in the top 10 and a DL disruptor around 15
Probably flip that...get your DL in top 10 and OL around 15.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Probably flip that...get your DL in top 10 and OL around 15.
If the OT class next year is actually as good as some are saying the Top 4 guys will be gone by pick 12....the NFL has been known to go on a run drafting tackles. I would just prefer to get one of the better ones...
But guys like JJ Watt and AD get drafted around 15 fairly often.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Athletic Football Show was doing their prospect previews and said that PJJ would be the third- or fourth-best tackle prospect in the 2024 draft.
This is what tempered my enthusiasm about the pick. I was happy to address oline. I was bummed we used a premium pick on a premium position in a year when the talent at said position wasn’t premium. He wasn’t considered a Joe Thomas or a Tony boselli. Next years top two guys are considered better. That’s why I wouldn’t mind doubling down with another top tackle next year alongside MHJ if kyler shows a rebound this year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is what tempered my enthusiasm about the pick. I was happy to address oline. I was bummed we used a premium pick on a premium position in a year when the talent at said position wasn’t premium. He wasn’t considered a Joe Thomas or a Tony boselli. Next years top two guys are considered better. That’s why I wouldn’t mind doubling down with another top tackle next year alongside MHJ if kyler shows a rebound this year.
I wonder if Jalen Carter wasn't such a trash human being if we would have went that route this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd