2023 1st round pick #3 and #105 are traded to Texans for #12, #33, 1st and 2nd in 2024

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After being able to get back up to # six and picking up a third the trade comes off much better. If Paris is "the guy" and a figure on the line for the next 10 years it will age very well.

Thank God we didn't stay at 12 and draft someone like Wilson, Johnson or Gibbs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For a 1st, a 2nd, and delay a 3rd until next year.

Bad trade.

Someone either needs to fall hard or is Monti going to mockdraft it with another trade down?
Odds are extreemly high Texans pick is top 3, could be 1. The first pick next year will be worth a ton.

it’s not that bad a deal, especially if the plan was to take Johnson at 3.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Odds are extreemly high Texans pick is top 3, could be 1. The first pick next year will be worth a ton.

it’s not that bad a deal, especially if the plan was to take Johnson at 3.
Definitely possible.

It's possible we might have #1 and #2.

It just depends if Stroud blows up year 1 or sucks/injured.

I'm hoping Davis Mills plays a ton!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely possible.

It's possible we might have #1 and #2.

It just depends if Stroud blows up year 1 or sucks/injured.

I'm hoping Davis Mills plays a ton!
Even if stroud plays well that team is still only like a 4 win team.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Even if stroud plays well that team is still only like a 4 win team.
If they kill this draft like so far that’s not necessarily true imo. A new HC with a nasty attitude that coaches GREAT defense could quickly turn them around. Everyone thought the Jets were going to suck last year even with poor QB play. They didn’t

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Texans 1st is worth at least 2 49ers firsts.

and you can only take the best offer available.
I like it. Can't compare 3 1st rd SF picks all of them are gonna be 24 or above. 1 Houston 1st round is a top 10 guarantee. Haters gonna hate. GO CARDS
To be fair SF was coming off a 6-10 record that year so it wasn't apparent then that they would be as good as they have been the last couple of years thus MIA picking in 20s. HOU may not go from worst to first next year but they have some pieces to be decent and may catch some teams by surprise plus their SOS next year is pretty low with only BUF, MIA, MIN and JAX only 2022 playoff teams.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cant compare Lance deal. There was no prime QB prospect sitting there at 3 that people wanted to fight over. Good deal. Cards smart, take a tackle that will be a 10 year starter, be really bad this year and rake it in next yeRs great draft. Love it

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was my favorite "behind the scenes" Draft Day story ever. It lets you appreciate the stress that the GM's feel in making the picks, especially with the time constraints that they work under. Monti, imo, looks like someone who is made for that role. I feel good about the team going into mandatory mini camp, even though I know that this will be a tough year.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After being able to get back up to # six and picking up a third the trade comes off much better. If Paris is "the guy" and a figure on the line for the next 10 years it will age very well.

Thank God we didn't stay at 12 and draft someone like Wilson, Johnson or Gibbs.
Not to single you out because I see it said all over the place but the whole “10 year fix” thing is so ridiculous. It’s said about seemingly 50+ players per draft. The number of guys who actually occupy a starting position on 1 team for 10 years is minuscule lol.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to single you out because I see it said all over the place but the whole “10 year fix” thing is so ridiculous. It’s said about seemingly 50+ players per draft. The number of guys who actually occupy a starting position on 1 team for 10 years is minuscule lol.
That's not really what I was implying. If he is an excellent starter on his rookie deal alone, and then moves on to another team, it would still be an excellent pic.

If it takes ten years to build a contender then Monti won't be here to see it.