2022 Off-Season Changes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Woof.
The same GM who also put this defensive staff together.

The same GM who spent his big FA money on a sure to break down Watt and a loser in AJ Green. Also grabbed us a CB who decided to quit rather than play. And so far, looks like he blew yet another draft.

The same GM who apparently has been absolved of Wilks, but even if that’s the case, again, personally selected McCoy as his OC and then blew a first round pick on Rosen, threw 20 million at the laughable corpse of Sam Bradford and spent big on Alford and Swearinger amongst a raft of other terrible moves and draft picks.

I could go on and on here...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same GM who also put this defensive staff together.

The same GM who spent his big FA money on a sure to break down Watt and a loser in AJ Green. Also grabbed us a CB who decided to quit rather than play. And so far, looks like he blew yet another draft.

The same GM who apparently has been absolved of Wilks, but even if that’s the case, again, personally selected McCoy as his OC and then blew a first round pick on Rosen, threw 20 million at the laughable corpse of Sam Bradford and spent big on Alford and Swearinger amongst a raft of other terrible moves and draft picks.

I could go on and on here...
Most of us could. I have been okay with Kliff because even with the late season collapses, there has been marked improvement. Same can't be same with Keim.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Most of us could. I have been okay with Kliff because even with the late season collapses, there has been marked improvement. Same can't be same with Keim.
I see you keep saying it, BUT WHERE IS THE MARKED IMPROVEMENT?!?

We have to judge the team on where they are at the end of the year, not in the first half! It's like an NBA team crowing about having the best record at the all star break. Who cares?

Is Kyler improving? Does our offense look like it has any continuity? Do we have any identity on either side of the ball? Can our D stop the run or pass? Why did their rankings take a dump in the 2nd half, just like the offense? Who do you build around on either side of the ball? How do you fill all the holes that will be created with the Keim contract gimmicks coming due?

Tell me where we've improved, especially markedly. Anyone who thinks this year is any different than last year is fooling themselves, and setting themselves up for another kick in the nuts in 2022.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Target Akiem Hicks to replace Jordan Phillips. Hicks is a tough, nasty interior presence who is great against the run. Would improve our run defense and toughness immediately (still need a long term draft replacement here).

Target Mike Williams to take over the AJ Green role opposite Hopkins. We have all seen the jump balls that Kyler likes to throw. He's not, to this point in his career, a guy who throws with the finess and timing of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He thrives with big, physical receivers who can go up and get the ball. That's Mike Williams. Williams would be a perfect right side receiver on this team.

Those are two changes I'd be looking to make. Draft should focus on interior OL, edge, and CB.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I like the big WR - AJ Green is the right idea, but wrong receiver. Whether it be guys like Dan Arnold/Max/even Wesley, he likes taller WR.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Target Akiem Hicks to replace Jordan Phillips. Hicks is a tough, nasty interior presence who is great against the run. Would improve our run defense and toughness immediately (still need a long term draft replacement here).

Target Mike Williams to take over the AJ Green role opposite Hopkins. We have all seen the jump balls that Kyler likes to throw. He's not, to this point in his career, a guy who throws with the finess and timing of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He thrives with big, physical receivers who can go up and get the ball. That's Mike Williams. Williams would be a perfect right side receiver on this team.

Those are two changes I'd be looking to make. Draft should focus on interior OL, edge, and CB.
Williams is going to get paid. Hicks is hurt an awful lot.

I like Cedric Wilson. He had over 600 yards and 6 Td’s while playing behind Lamb and Cooper and Gallup. He’s 6’2”, fast and only 26. Probably cost about 6m.
Mike Glowinski is a guard that would become the best guard on the team. How much he will command, I don’t know but he’s only 28.
Of course who are we kidding? Look for someone who’s coming off a down year or injury, a Keim specialty .

Last edited:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep, small sample size but nobody could cover Wilson last time we played them. Murphy is still looking for him

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose