2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
But Is he a good blocking TE?
However, he isn’t just physically capable as a blocker. McBride is technically astute as well. He plays the role with low pad level, incredible grip strength, and impressive leg drive. The Colorado State TE also showcases active hands and feet, enabling him to mirror his opponent. He’s routinely able to lock out his opponent, and there were many reps in the games studied where he drove his man to the ground.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like the player and I get going for the best talent on the board because you draft for the future but we need a pass rusher... guess the Cards have a trade in place to get that later, right? lol

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

REVIEW​

Where he wins: Downfield
McBride wins where so few tight ends do — down the football field. He can get past the linebacker-level swiftly and then presents a massive target over the middle. He can do it all while also being a respectable blocker.
What's his role: All-Around TE
McBride is a starting in-line tight end from Day 1. The leap in competition obviously presents a learning curve, but he's talented and proven enough to not stress about it.
What can he Improve: Physical Routes
McBride could stand to get even more physical as a route-runner. He's too content with someone hanging on him at times, knowing he's likely to win at the catch point, which won't always be the case in the league.

SHADES OF​

Dallas Goedert

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
He looks solid. I am happy to see us go BPA. I wish we would do that with every pick tbh. Once upon a time we drafted Larry with the first pick because he was “the best player in the draft” at a position we were relatively set at, having invested a 1 & 2 just the yr prior. I think it worked out pretty damn well for us.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how much I like the pick but I love the player. This has BPA all over it. Now we are going to need to shore up that RB room so we can run behind this 2TE sets.
He looks solid. I am happy to see us go BPA. I wish we would do that with every pick tbh. Once upon a time we drafted Larry with the first pick because he was “the best player in the draft” at a position we were relatively set at, having invested a 1 & 2 just the yr prior. I think it worked out pretty damn well for us.
I agree.

Making a list of needs and trying to pick by checking off the list in order of most pressing to least is not a good way to draft.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

TE

Trey McBride

Follow

6'4"246 lbs Colorado State

1 POS RK
46 OVR RK
86 GRADE

You must be registered for see images attach
play
0:50

Trey McBride's NFL draft profile​

Check out the highlights from Colorado State's talented TE Trey McBride.

Pre-Draft Analysis​

McBride ran a pro-style route tree at Colorado State and does a good job of leveraging his routes on tape. He's competitive when the ball is in the air and excels on contested catches. He ran well at his pro day. McBride has the speed to make plays down the seam and is strong after the catch. He's a functional blocker. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis​

The Cardinals signed Zach Ertz to a three-year deal, but backup Maxx Williams has struggled to stay healthy. McBride is the best tight end on the board, and he's more of a threat as a receiver than Williams. -- Muench

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pick still confuses me, but I do love the player and this offense is better for sure. If they can fix Will Hernandez and Humphries comes back strong, we might see some crazy numbers!

We'll just have to put score everyone with no proven Edge or Run Stuffer!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose