Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mo Bamba is reportedly out at least four weeks with a high left ankle sprain.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka Doncic's MRI on thigh comes back clean.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka looks extremely out of shape to me. It seems odd at this point in the season. Is this my imagination?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka looks extremely out of shape to me. It seems odd at this point in the season. Is this my imagination?

No. He’s not in good shape. The mavs game I saw him pumping his arms, head down, and he wasn’t moving with the pack.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fred VanVleet has been fined $30,000 by NBA for comments about officiating.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't last postseason prove homecourt isn't a true advantage for the Suns?
Quite the opposite I would think despite the fact we lost our last home game. We were 5-2 at home but only 2-4 on the road.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite the opposite I would think despite the fact we lost our last home game. We were 5-2 at home but only 2-4 on the road.
I assumed he was talking specifically about the Suns wrapping up Home Court throughout and if it led to a title. If that's the case it didn't help the Suns. Overall though? I think I recall that 70% of the teams or something like that that wrap up home court throughout go on to win the title.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed he was talking specifically about the Suns wrapping up Home Court throughout and if it led to a title. If that's the case it didn't help the Suns. Overall though? I think I recall that 70% of the teams or something like that that wrap up home court throughout go on to win the title.
Okay but following the thread it does not appear that was Hoop's point. He was replying to Gator's comment about wanting home court and the Warriors in the first round since they've been so terrible on the road this year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiming for a specific matchup would be more valuable than home court. This team went all out last year for home court and choked that advantage away. I don't think they need to further exert themselves in the regular season just for a potential game 7 in Phoenix later because the embarrassment outing against Dallas last year showed home court isn't much of an advantage for this squad.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiming for a specific matchup would be more valuable than home court. This team went all out last year for home court and choked that advantage away. I don't think they need to further exert themselves in the regular season just for a potential game 7 in Phoenix later because the embarrassment outing against Dallas last year showed home court isn't much of an advantage for this squad.
Home court seems to becoming more important. From 98-2008 it was at 61% in terms of who wins the series. Since that time frame it has steadily increased. Since 2018 the series win % is around 71%.

So, though match ups matter and can be part of that other 29%? More often than not it appears at least statiscally home court matters.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Home court is big for the guys playing, in our case, spots 4-10. Our top 4 guys can play anywhere under any environment.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home court seems to becoming more important. From 98-2008 it was at 61% in terms of who wins the series. Since that time frame it has steadily increased. Since 2018 the series win % is around 71%.

So, though match ups matter and can be part of that other 29%? More often than not it appears at least statiscally home court matters.

I know the stats but we had home court in the finals, lost, and home court against Dallas, lost. So I am not going to fret over whether they get it or not.

What are the stats for the Suns specifically with home court? I'd be curious to know that. The Suns seem to go against the usual trends.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know the stats but we had home court in the finals, lost, and home court against Dallas, lost. So I am not going to fret over whether they get it or not.

What are the stats for the Suns specifically with home court? I'd be curious to know that. The Suns seem to go against the usual trends.

The Suns went 5-2 at home last year and 2-4 on the road. The year before we went 8-3 at home, 6-5 on the road.

Home court helps.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last time the Suns won a series without home court advantage was 2000 in the first round against the Spurs, prior to that, 1990 against the Lakers.

I think pushing for that 2 seed would be wise.

But maybe we're just really really due for a road series win.