2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Josh Giddey is insane. 17 points 11 rebounds 17 assists tonight against Warriors.

If Chet comes back healthy and is any good at all OKC is going to be really good at some point. Giddey is just a walking mismatch.
OKC reminds me of their 2009 squad that you knew were going to be a force within 2-3 years.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Josh Giddey is insane. 17 points 11 rebounds 17 assists tonight against Warriors.

If Chet comes back healthy and is any good at all OKC is going to be really good at some point. Giddey is just a walking mismatch.
Giddey has been the guy I've been wanting as a future CP3 replacement for a couple years now. I guess we can hope that maybe he hits UFA someday. If his value on the market is high enough, OKC might be forced to trade him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giddey has been the guy I've been wanting as a future CP3 replacement for a couple years now. I guess we can hope that maybe he hits UFA someday. If his value on the market is high enough, OKC might be forced to trade him.

He's just so good. The Warriors have no rim protection beyond Draymond and with Wiggins out they're very small. OKC would just get Giddey on either Steph or Poole he'd back them down into the lane, if the double came he'd kick it for a 3, or pass to a cutter. In the first half they made 13 threes, all wide open many from Giddey. 2nd half the Warriors changed the defense so Giddey either passed for a layup or if no double he just shot over the top of Steph or Poole and scored. He's so efficient at it made it look easy.

Impressed me on defense too he's a really good player. The thing with Chet is he's not really a post player on offense so he'll be able to play "out" so that SGA and Giddey can still do their thing, and give them rim protection on defense. I also love Isiah Joe, that kid can flat out shoot the ball

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Warrior announcers when that happened were just completely gobsmacked. Azabuike said what a weird play, Draymond just quit playing I don't think he got hurt. Then Fitz the play by play guy said yeah I think he wanted a pass and when it didn't come he got a bit annoyed, he didn't name Poole but when they showed the replay it was pretty apparent.

Poole was terrible last night. They ran a set play at one point to get him a 3 and he took a fallback 3 off a curl for an airball. When they went to the bench Curry, who takes bad shots himself, got right in his face he was just furious with him. Late in the game they were both in and Curry was absolutely scorching hot like 9-11 from 3 at that point. He came wide open and Poole didn't pass it, then he finally did when Curry was not open and he just rifled it back at Poole. I really think at this point there's an issue with Poole's personality that lots of the veterans are tired of. I fully expect them to try and trade him this offseason. There was a recent story about Kerr pulling Poole aside during a practice recently and talking to him for several minutes and I think that's the general impression look you're a very good player but these guys are HOFers, if you can't fit with them, that's on you not them.

In the postgame they were saying that Curry is just fed up, he doesn't want to talk about seedings and who we play in the playoffs he's saying if we don't stop this right now we won't even be IN the playoffs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warrior announcers when that happened were just completely gobsmacked. Azabuike said what a weird play, Draymond just quit playing I don't think he got hurt. Then Fitz the play by play guy said yeah I think he wanted a pass and when it didn't come he got a bit annoyed, he didn't name Poole but when they showed the replay it was pretty apparent.

Poole was terrible last night. They ran a set play at one point to get him a 3 and he took a fallback 3 off a curl for an airball. When they went to the bench Curry, who takes bad shots himself, got right in his face he was just furious with him. Late in the game they were both in and Curry was absolutely scorching hot like 9-11 from 3 at that point. He came wide open and Poole didn't pass it, then he finally did when Curry was not open and he just rifled it back at Poole. I really think at this point there's an issue with Poole's personality that lots of the veterans are tired of. I fully expect them to try and trade him this offseason. There was a recent story about Kerr pulling Poole aside during a practice recently and talking to him for several minutes and I think that's the general impression look you're a very good player but these guys are HOFers, if you can't fit with them, that's on you not them.

In the postgame they were saying that Curry is just fed up, he doesn't want to talk about seedings and who we play in the playoffs he's saying if we don't stop this right now we won't even be IN the playoffs.
The funny thing is Draymon was only open for a split second. There sounds like there is more to it than just that one play for sure.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is Draymon was only open for a split second. There sounds like there is more to it than just that one play for sure.

I'm assuming it was a set play or something.

Poole has one of those personalities he's very funny, but he's also a smart azz and I think on a veteran team it just rubs guys the wrong way. I would not be at all surprised if he's not on the team next year. Curry has been great with him taking him under his wing, Klay too but there's this undercurrent that always seems to be there.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

The chemistry was officially toast when Poole called Draymond a triple single in practice and Draymond lit his ass up. Poole thought he was a younger more important piece than Greene - which couldn't be further from the case. Team hasn't been the same, they've been in a Poole of misery every since.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chemistry was officially toast when Poole called Draymond a triple single in practice and Draymond lit his ass up. Poole thought he was a younger more important piece than Greene - which couldn't be further from the case. Team hasn't been the same, they've been in a Poole of misery every since.
Calling someone a "Triple single" might be one of the funniest lines I have ever heard.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oh my god....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steven Adams gets a stem cell injection in his injured knee.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I hope he understood the harsher he is on the refs the larger the fine is likely to be.

I'm sure he did. I've been looking for the technical foul on video.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FVV just became one of my favorite players. He went all in and I don't blame him. If you know you're going to get fined, go all out. He did that in a manner where he stayed rather cool too as far as he didn't insert any additional emotions into his words. He seemed to say what he felt though and did so in a way that you would only be surprised to hear in the press conference setting while it's something most avid fans have said casually in conversation at a sports bar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fred VanVleet might have saved some money if he didn't mention the referee by name.