Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remarkably this not only wasn't called double dribble but when the Lakers asked the ref about it she is telling them it definitely wasn't.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remarkably this not only wasn't called double dribble but when the Lakers asked the ref about it she is telling them it definitely wasn't.

I'm not really a judgemental person, but after seeing her and AD, AD just needs to groom himself. Looking like a muppet baby

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
For the first time this season I actually dove deep into the numbers between Giannis and Jokic and I would now vote for Jokic. Giannis is typically my go to because of his play on defense, but Jokic averaging 24/12/10 on 70% TS and .318 WS/48 are just asinine numbers.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is right to be angry. What a huge advantage. Pick up the ball, the defense adjusts knowing he can't move, and then he puts it down again. NBA officiating is horrible, especially with traveling, double dribble, carrying, and offensive fouls. It hardly resembles basketball anymore.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is right to be angry. What a huge advantage. Pick up the ball, the defense adjusts knowing he can't move, and then he puts it down again. NBA officiating is horrible, especially with traveling, double dribble, carrying, and offensive fouls. It hardly resembles basketball anymore.

UCLA played Colorado recently. There's a play where the Colorado center dribbles twice trying to do a handoff screen 22 feet away. The defender cuts it off so he's standing there holding hte ball 22 feet away back to the rim. After 2-3 seconds he panics, dribbles again, goes over and passes. 3 of UCLA's guys just totally stop because it's double dribble, he then screens for a teammate who swishes a 3. The entire UCLA bench is screaming for the double dribble. The announcer said "that looked like a double dribble didn't it?" I don't know I've ever seen that long a delay between dribbles it was like 5-6 seconds.

But the Klay one how do 3 refs miss that he's got the ball attacking the defense, stops, then dribbles again. I hope refs get fined on those things.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the Suns recent game with the Bulls, I think it was Zach Lavine who dribbled the ball with two hands and nary a call.

It was just as obvious as the non-call on Klay Thompson.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Luka is now 2 technical fouls away from a one game suspension. If you recall last year, Luka was about to be suspended and the NBA rescinded a couple of his technicals.

If there is any doubt how much Luka cries? He has a pretty consistent technical foul rate. Doncic is averaging a technical fouls every 3.9 games.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The officiating is a disaster right now. It seems like every few years they make a "point of emphasis" adjustment to stuff like traveling and carries in the off season, then the increased enforcement of the rules only seems to apply to role players, lasts all of 2 weeks into the regular season, then it's business as usual.

Here is a video that I think may have been shown here previous, but Ja Morant is the king of this nonsense.

That one where he dribbles, then pins the ball against his hip and starts dribbling again... how... how in the world is that allowed?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Giddey is insane. 17 points 11 rebounds 17 assists tonight against Warriors.

If Chet comes back healthy and is any good at all OKC is going to be really good at some point. Giddey is just a walking mismatch.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This guy is trying to get to Phoenix so bad.
Not surprised the guy you punched wont play with ya.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dray trying to come to Phoenix? Wasn’t he the reason why KD left?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm about done with Poole. If they can get a good return in the offseason they should probably trade him. He's a good player but he wants to start and the difference between him as the starter and the 6th man is so obvious. Tonight he went for a steal and fouled Jaylin Williams then fired a one hop bounce pass to the ref who gave him a T. It was right in front of the Warriors bench so you assume they're going to be mad but either he said something, or it was a pretty fast pass because Kerr was the only guy who said anything and all he did was ask the ref "what was it for?" and then just accepted it. Poole is a turnover machine and he takes so many bad shots it's gotten to be a real problem. When Curry was out, Poole was great, as soon as Curry gets back, Poole is sulking again.

They had an amazing moment tonight. Down 6 they called a foul on Kuminga on a drive by Dort. Kerr challenged the call and both Warriors announcers immediately said Steve just wants a timeout so he can yell at the refs that was clearly a foul it was an armbar. While the refs were reviewing it, Kerr was just sitting there. Inexplicably the refs overturned the call they said it was incidental contact that didn't warrant a foul. OKC inbounds the ball to Dort, DiVincenzo dives in front for the steal, Dort slams into him and they call the foul on Donte. And Kerr didn't have his challenge because he'd just used it on the one that nobody thought would be overturned.

Kerr is so fed up with the road losses and I thought Curry was going to punch Poole himself tonight. He got so mad at him during a timeout he went up to him said something and then just walked away from the huddle, as the coaches were drawing something up.

Draymond punching Poole was terrible but I gotta say it's becoming apparently Poole is not very well liked on the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah the Warriors announcers were openly saying they had no idea why the Suns let him go. I assumed it was money or something, good solid player in the right role.

It was all about saving money for the Suns.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was all about saving money for the Suns.
We have Biz and Jock who are cheaper for pretty much the same skill. Dario was a OG Valley Boy and I would have loved to keep him but he doesn't change much.
I hope he thrives and comes back with Mikal. :p

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dray trying to come to Phoenix? Wasn’t he the reason why KD left?
Probably but hes been on Darymonds podcast since. I heard an interview w Draymond where he was just glowing about Ishbia and Booker etc.
I of course got really scared.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson