2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adams would’ve ended a 54 year old man that’s had multiple surgeries since retiring from the NFL 20 years ago cmon lol. Shannon Sharpe didn’t block either.

I was going to say did these people actually see Shannon play? He was NOT a physical TE he was a receiver. A great receiver yes but not physical.

Again I think he could take Brooks and would have been happy to see it. Adams is another thing entirely.

There's actually an online movement to have them arm wrestle.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I was going to say did these people actually see Shannon play? He was NOT a physical TE he was a receiver. A great receiver yes but not physical.

Again I think he could take Brooks and would have been happy to see it. Adams is another thing entirely.

There's actually an online movement to have them arm wrestle.
Adams would snap him like a twig.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You think Ali was afraid of Wilt? Same Ali that fought Liston, Frazier, Foreman and Holmes? That Ali?
No. You misunderstand. Ali WASN'T afraid. Ali's handlers were. They wanted no part of Wilt. And they were not afraid of any of the people you mentioned. That should say something about Wilt, who was untrained, that they were MORE fearful of him than these other highly trained fighters!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. You misunderstand. Ali WASN'T afraid. Ali's handlers were. They wanted no part of Wilt. And they were not afraid of any of the people you mentioned. That should say something about Wilt, who was untrained, that they were MORE fearful of him than these other highly trained fighters!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like you got the story backwards my friend. I don’t think you really understand Boxing and what’s it’s like to get in that ring.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Looks like you got the story backwards my friend. I don’t think you really understand Boxing and what’s it’s like to get in that ring.
OK, I'll pay to see you two go at it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There’s also nothing to gain and everything to lose fighting wilt. First he had a height/reach advantage that no one else possessed which made him an unknown, and nonreplicatable opponent. How do you train for that? All blows would have to be to the body because you ain’t reaching that chin. And if he lost he would’ve lost to a nonfighter, but beating a nonfighter is expected. No winning that challenge.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
-
Tbh it’s not that crazy if the last pick is protected. The team who trades for him has the best shot to sign him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s also nothing to gain and everything to lose fighting wilt. First he had a height/reach advantage that no one else possessed which made him an unknown, and nonreplicatable opponent. How do you train for that? All blows would have to be to the body because you ain’t reaching that chin. And if he lost he would’ve lost to a nonfighter, but beating a nonfighter is expected. No winning that challenge.

It wasn’t Ali’s camp that pulled out it was Wilts and it’s pretty easy to get inside especially on a guy who doesn’t know how to box.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The NBA really needs to do something about this. Doesn’t matter if you’re a fan of Beverly or not he was just assaulted during an NBA game. No excuse for this

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It wasn’t Ali’s camp that pulled out it was Wilts and it’s pretty easy to get inside especially on a guy who doesn’t know how to box.
I saw that. I don’t blame them for backing out either. No one had to much gain from such a fight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The NBA really needs to do something about this. Doesn’t matter if you’re a fan of Beverly or not he was just assaulted during an NBA game. No excuse for this
Agree. He should be suspended. It’s flopping at it’s worst.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhibit A on why I can't stand Dillon Brooks in the game just now against the Warriors.

On the inbounds play he keeps sticking his foot between Stephs feet and bumping him trying to trip him or piss him off, eventually the ref, the ball not even inbounded yet walks over and tells him to stop it. They run down the other end and then call a foul on Brooks who on the replay grabbed Curry on the left arm, the one he had the injured shoulder on and has the sleeve on, and yanked it. Curry didn't have the ball, and was nowhere near the ball.

Just a dirty player.

If Ja Morant ever becomes a good 3 point shooter he will be unreal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow never seen it before but I guess it's a rule. Warriors up 2 get an offensive board, and Poole inexplicably jacks up a 25 footer that misses. Curry is so pissed when he's running back he pulls his mouthpiece out and throws it. And the ref threw him out of the game apparently its' a rule. 1:16 left in the game.

Everyone was furious because it seemed like such a bizarre T but then on replay you see him throw the mouthpiece and apparently that's automatic ejection

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal Ja ties it with a great drive and pass to Clarke for a dunk. Then Poole backdoors Ziaire Williams for a layup with 1 second left to win it.

I have no idea how you lose 4 in a row with that roster Memphis has. even without Adams, the Warriors didn't have Wiggins and Curry missed most of the first quarter with 2 quick fouls and then got thrown out at the end and somehow Memphis still lost. They're so talented I am starting to wonder if Jenkins is the guy for them. He might be their Mark Jackson and they need to find their Steve Kerr.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great finish in this Warriors Grizzlies game

I know you guys hate Klay because he's been a dick to the Suns but he hits the go ahead 3 walks back yelling "I'm that guy". Then after Poole wins the game the Warriors announcers are interviewing Klay in the postgame and they ask him a quesiton about something related to his go ahead 3 and he says "I'm not going to lie guys. I'm so hyped up I spaced out and I have no idea what you just asked me. But how about that backcut layup to win it by JP!"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you guys hate Klay because he's been a dick to the Suns but he hits the go ahead 3 walks back yelling "I'm that guy". Then after Poole wins the game the Warriors announcers are interviewing Klay in the postgame and they ask him a quesiton about something related to his go ahead 3 and he says "I'm not going to lie guys. I'm so hyped up I spaced out and I have no idea what you just asked me. But how about that backcut layup to win it by JP!"
Yeah… he hit ONE shot, bookended by FOUR horrendously missed shots and a clumsy travel.

That dude’s ego is laughable at this point. He ain’t the same player he used to be and now is just over the top in love with himself every rare moment he has harkening back to his deserved All-NBA days times. Used to like him, but he’s become a butt hurt classless douche.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Memphis has a lot of talent... but man... that team seems stupid. The careless turnovers the awful shots they take... they're very similar to last year's Suns (playing with a chip on their shoulder, playing with a lot of swagger, wanting to crush teams) but at the same time very different... as in... they're stupid. They seem to think they're the Harlem Globe Trotters, they're up against the Generals, they're fated to win by 30... but, the opposition seems to now and then, and the Grizz don't know how to react.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… he hit ONE shot, bookended by FOUR horrendously missed shots and a clumsy travel.

That dude’s ego is laughable at this point. He ain’t the same player he used to be and now is just over the top in love with himself every rare moment he has harkening back to his deserved All-NBA days times. Used to like him, but he’s become a butt hurt classless douche.

He was the reason they lost the last game they were up 10 and he kept jacking up shots, missing and the Nets caught up and took the game. He's still playing like he's the Klay pre injury. He's had some great games but he's shot them out of a bunch of games too.

But he's a hell of a post game interview because he's just brutally honest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose