2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have to be stupid to decline a $37 million option for next season to take a $6 million deal with the hapless Lakers but we're talking about Kyrie so I wouldn't rule it out.
Yup - he'd be stupid to do that. It's not like he would make them a favorite for a ring even.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have to be stupid to decline a $37 million option for next season to take a $6 million deal with the hapless Lakers but we're talking about Kyrie so I wouldn't rule it out.
Do you trust the Lakers enough to dismiss the possibility of some shenanigans. I know the league has rules but Toronto sure seemed to get around them easily enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup - he'd be stupid to do that. It's not like he would make them a favorite for a ring even.
They wouldn't be too far from the top of the favorites list. Sure, health and availability will be a concern but that's still a formidable collection of players if they ever beat the odds and actually show up healthy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you trust the Lakers enough to dismiss the possibility of some shenanigans. I know the league has rules but Toronto sure seemed to get around them easily enough.

What did Toronto do?

I don't think the Lakers would do anything but I wouldn't put it past Lebron/Rich Paul.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a ton of cake to leave on the table but he is already loaded. He might take 6 million so he can do what he wants after. He is going to get paid eventually. No?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A buyout is just that. It doesn't mean Kyrie is going to leave all that money on the table.

It means he might take less money than $36,934,550 million to go elsewhere.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did Toronto do?

I don't think the Lakers would do anything but I wouldn't put it past Lebron/Rich Paul.
I don't believe it was actually or at least directly from the Club but there were offers of free food at all the best places, a free 5 million dollar condo, key to the city and a bunch of other stuff.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A buyout is just that. It doesn't mean Kyrie is going to leave all that money on the table.

It means he might take less money than $36,934,550 million to go elsewhere.

If he opts into his deal, the Nets would be stupid to then buy him out. They want him to stay so they don't have Durant demand a trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe it was actually or at least directly from the Club but there were offers of free food at all the best places, a free 5 million dollar condo, key to the city and a bunch of other stuff.

Ok, you're talking about when Kawhi was a free agent? I remember that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly Kyrie Irving has been given permission to seek a sign-and-trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that phone call to KD from the Nets.

"Hey Kevin, so you know Kyrie wants out and we let his team contact others to find a trade. So what do you think of playing with Rus... Hello? Kevin? Are you there?"

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that phone call to KD from the Nets.

"Hey Kevin, so you know Kyrie wants out and we let his team contact others to find a trade. So what do you think of playing with Rus... Hello? Kevin? Are you there?"

If I’m the Nets I say F both of you.

I send KD to the Knicks for all those draft picks(they have 22 over the next 7 years)

And I make Kyrie play out this year or sit out whatever he chooses

But your not gonna stick up my franchise

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is where the cards fall. If Kyrie moves, Durant will make up his mind. Local radio said last week that KD doesn't want to force himself out of the nets but wants to play for a team with a legit shot at his age. He has made no demands to be traded according to them. He has been waiting to see what the organization does with Kyrie and all the reports of him being part of Super star trades or asking for one are false. He has had no contact with the organization on any of it in weeks.

"Kevin Durant has not talked to the team in weeks…I don’t think Kevin is confident in the front office right now. I don’t know if he is at the stage of leaving, but there is a big uneasiness from the KD side.”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I’m the Nets I say F both of you.

I send KD to the Knicks for all those draft picks(they have 22 over the next 7 years)

And I make Kyrie play out this year or sit out whatever he chooses

But your not gonna stick up my franchise

Kyrie pretty much marches to the beat of his own drum.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyrie pretty much marches to the beat of his own drum.

Yup you can opt out or your gonna play out your year here but I’m not giving you an extension

I’d pay him and deal him at the deadline he’s a star on an expiring contract that’s gonna bring you some picks

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets reportedly prepared to blow it up.

By Evan Sidery June 23 2022 8:04AM MST Basketball News:

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst appearing on ESPN Monday afternoon, the Brooklyn Nets seem prepared to blow it all up. With rumors running rampant of Kyrie Irving's potential exit, Kevin Durant could soon be joining leaving Brooklyn.

"The Nets are putting ou there right now that they are prepared to lose both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant," Windhorst said.

If Irving leaves, Durant could become the NBA's most coveted trade chip since Anthony Davis. Buckle up, everybody.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets reportedly prepared to blow it up.

By Evan Sidery June 23 2022 8:04AM MST Basketball News:

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst appearing on ESPN Monday afternoon, the Brooklyn Nets seem prepared to blow it all up. With rumors running rampant of Kyrie Irving's potential exit, Kevin Durant could soon be joining leaving Brooklyn.

"The Nets are putting ou there right now that they are prepared to lose both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant," Windhorst said.

If Irving leaves, Durant could become the NBA's most coveted trade chip since Anthony Davis. Buckle up, everybody.

Many have been saying that if Durant is legitimately made available (all previous reports were false), that he could be part of one of the largest trade packages in recent history. It's going to take a ton to get him it sounds like if and when he makes up his mind. He should probably start talking to the organization if the Kyrie story is true.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Many have been saying that if Durant is legitimately made available (all previous reports were false), that he could be part of one of the largest trade packages in recent history. It's going to take a ton to get him it sounds like if and when he makes up his mind. He should probably start talking to the organization if the Kyrie story is true.

Flex reported a superstar could be available back in may

Looks like he was right

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that though a certain Insider was referring to KD (Superstar) and to ensure that he can't claim anything about being right after should the off chance the Suns get KD.

Durant according to multiple local and other media outlets has not spoken a word to the Nets front office. They are evidently pissed at him for not having any communication. Which means any story associated to trade with KD has been just rumor fodder. Any insider information including KD has been bunk up to this point but could be changing soon if the story on Kyrie is true.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex reported a superstar could be available back in may

Looks like he was right
See my posts. He couldn't have been talking about KD. I am sure he wants and will try to claim credit but it's not true. KD has had ZERO contact with the FRONT office since the sweep. Local media confirmed it and said he was waiting on the Kyrie situation to say or do anything. So any rumors involving him are false.

That's the beauty of making a vague statement. You can take credit for anything that happens with the Suns. Catching on yet?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See my posts. He wasn't talking about KD. I am sure he wants to claim it but it's not true. KD has had ZERO contact with the FRONT office so any rumors involving him are false.

Eh idk

Seems kinda right

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh idk

Seems kinda right
The beauty of vague statements. Anything can sound kind of right after the fact. Durant can't be part of any proposed trades if he hasn't talked to the FO and expressed his wishes. That has been confirmed by local and national sources.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For those that though a certain Insider was referring to KD (Superstar) and to ensure that he can't claim anything about being right after should the off chance the Suns get KD.

Durant according to multiple local and other media outlets has not spoken a word to the Nets front office. They are evidently pissed at him for not having any communication. Which means any story associated to trade with KD has been just rumor fodder.

It's been two years since the Nets were proclaimed a super team, and they couldn't even make the Finals. I'm not surprised KD is disgruntled. The Nets were the most hyped team 2 years ago -- and by a lot. We're talking like the Lakers of last summer hype. And look what that hype did for both teams.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been two years since the Nets were proclaimed a super team, and they couldn't even make the Finals. I'm not surprised KD is disgruntled. The Nets were the most hyped team 2 years ago -- and by a lot. We're talking like the Lakers of last summer hype. And look what that hype did for both teams.
Remember before the season started? All the super team hype and many wondered if anybody could stand in their way.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, you're talking about when Kawhi was a free agent? I remember that.
I think it might have started before his free agency began but it was an orchestrated attempt to keep him in Toronto. We'll never know if it was fully a grass roots affair or not but the same kind of stuff can happen in and around Hollywood and no one would bat an eye, whether it was guest appearances on a variety of tv shows, roles in movies or just commerials. It's certainly been done before in that town.