2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Montrezl Harrell had felony marijuana charges reduced to a misdemeanor possession.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's puzzling why the Knicks can't field a consistent winner. The fans would support them.
They have an awful owner, they never commit to a plan or a roster. They think they’re the Lakers and that star players are dying to play there, so they gut their team every few years to create a boatload of cap space when stars hit free agency… then no one comes, and they then blow that money on over priced bums… like we’re seeing now.

I comically predict in a few years Bronny James is probably going to be a projected late 2nd round pick or undrafted free agent, the Knicks will take him in the lotto in the hopes of signing a 41 year old Lebron to a max deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have an awful owner, they never commit to a plan or a roster. They think they’re the Lakers and that star players are dying to play there, so they gut their team every few years to create a boatload of cap space when stars hit free agency… then no one comes, and they then blow that money on over priced bums… like we’re seeing now.

I comically predict in a few years Bronny James is probably going to be a projected late 2nd round pick or undrafted free agent, the Knicks will take him in the lotto in the hopes of signing a 41 year old Lebron to a max deal.

It's amazing how ownership and a GM can do that to a team.

The Suns finally seem to be going the right direction, unless the NBA investigation changes all of that.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Bronny will fill seats for any team that signs him or his brother. People will pay just to see LeBron there. People will talk about them two forever with or without merit. And unlike most players, they are set for life regardless of their actual abilities. They are stars.

If Lebron is not playing his final year with them, he will indeed be on the sidelines coaching their team...and everybody will watch and talk about.

And if I was a owner I be first in line to collect from that cashcow.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that, I give it 5 years before hes working at a ladies footlocker.
He already hurt his ankle lol season hasnt even started yet.
He could probably already buy out footlocker if he wanted to. But I assume that you are making a joke. I was being sarcastic in the not running part, of corse he will need to take care of his body to pro long his career. But I don’t see why you have such a grim outlook on him. He gets injured a lot, like all of the top players do, and like the others he plays through it at a high level anyway. Any athlete could be undone at anytime because of injury. is this what you are hoping to see happen, or do you honestly think it will happen?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He could probably already buy out footlocker if he wanted to. But I assume that you are making a joke. I was being sarcastic in the not running part, of corse he will need to take care of his body to pro long his career. But I don’t see why you have such a grim outlook on him. He gets injured a lot, like all of the top players do, and like the others he plays through it at a high level anyway. Any athlete could be undone at anytime because of injury. is this what you are hoping to see happen, or do you honestly think it will happen?
He's just got horrible ankles is all I'm saying. I hope he stays healthy of course.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's amazing how ownership and a GM can do that to a team.

The Suns finally seem to be going the right direction, unless the NBA investigation changes all of that.
I think the front office will be fine even if Sarver goes to Guantanamo. It kind seems like they've been keeping a distance to separate him from the company if it does go south or north depending how ya look at it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think we can always work out a trade package for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the front office will be fine even if Sarver goes to Guantanamo. It kind seems like they've been keeping a distance to separate him from the company if it does go south or north depending how ya look at it.

At least from the outside, the Suns appear to be doing everything right for the past several seasons.

This is about the most I have seen of Robert Sarver lately.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That is not going to happen to Mark Cuban twice. I'm sure he will always remember that.
Yeah for sure. Cuban was obsessed with getting a big center, when he didn’t realize that Don Nelson already handed him the future of the nba in nash/dirk. Cuban will make mistakes, but he isn’t letting Luka walk without a fight. I guess the difference now would be if Luka just decides to leave. Cuban cannot stop that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. Cuban was obsessed with getting a big center, when he didn’t realize that Don Nelson already handed him the future of the nba in nash/dirk. Cuban will make mistakes, but he isn’t letting Luka walk without a fight. I guess the difference now would be if Luka just decides to leave. Cuban cannot stop that.

Nash and Nowitzki is about as good as it gets.

The days of needing a dominant center seems to be over with the encouragement of the 3-point shot.

I don't think Luka will leave the Mavericks as long as Mark Cuban is the owner. He is too smart to let that happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the wrapping
You must be registered for see images attach
those hotdogs come in.

I just saw a documentary on Nathan's hot dogs.

If they are the same company, they made hot dogs cool when people in the U.S. didn't know much about them.

Btw, I like the colors.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just saw a documentary on Nathan's hot dogs.

If they are the same company, they made hot dogs cool when people in the U.S. didn't know much about them.

Btw, I like the colors.

The colors are getting ripped on social media. I'm indifferent.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's puzzling why the Knicks can't field a consistent winner. The fans would support them.

Because James Dolan is one of the worst owners in all sports. The guy is a clown and one of the few who makes Sarver look decent in comparison.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At least from the outside, the Suns appear to be doing everything right for the past several seasons.

This is about the most I have seen of Robert Sarver lately.

This is rich after that dinner they had where he told him he wasn't getting paid. I'm sorry, I hold grudges. I'd be like, I know he's the owner, but tell him not to show up for my signing, otherwise just give the contract to my agent to have me sign at home where I can Instagram my signing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is rich after that dinner they had where he told him he wasn't getting paid. I'm sorry, I hold grudges. I'd be like, I know he's the owner, but tell him not to show up for my signing, otherwise just give the contract to my agent to have me sign at home where I can Instagram my signing.

I wonder who was with Ayton in the top two photos, as it does not appear to be James Jones. In the top left photo, Deandre was smiling. Jones had a different style watch and wore a long sleeve shirt.

The bottom photo looked more like a photo opportunity.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson