2021 Training Camp Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if the team gets Isabella to a point where he simply contributes regularly its a win

Arians found a way to make JJ Nelson a player who contributed. in 2017, he had 29 rec / 508 yards / 2 tds. I would take that (or course, it also assumes that isnt the 2nd leading WR on the team....)

The biggest indictment of Isabella for me is how poor he is on ST's.

A guy that runs mid 4.3s and is solidly built like AI should be superb returner but he's anything but. Which speaks to his vision and processing.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know it’s blasphemy to ever praise Keim, Kliff or Isabella on this board but I can’t help myself. Isabella has obviously been a disappointment but he does have talent, is a good guy, has much better hands than the board gives him credit for and is all about his craft. The kid busts his tail. He’s not as shifty as you would like and he’s lacking some between the ears but he can get open deep. If he doesn’t make the team, it’ll be because we have a top 3 receiving core in the league.
No, if he does not make the team it will have nothing to do with the fact that he busts his ass trying to get better. From all accounts he goes above and beyond to get better, but that's the whole point, he's not good enough to be a pro WR by what he as shown so far, even with all his effort which is telling. This is not about how hard he works or if he's a great guy, it is about being a quality WR or rather just a pro WR. If he was not a second pick, the reality I think would sink in for most people. His presence might keep us from fully realizing the potential of guys like KeeSean and JoJo Ward due to Isabella's draft status and the front office's pride

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, if he does not make the team it will have nothing to do with the fact that he busts his ass trying to get better. From all accounts he goes above and beyond to get better, but that's the whole point, he's not good enough to be a pro WR by what he as shown so far, even with all his effort which is telling. This is not about how hard he works or if he's a great guy, it is about being a quality WR or rather just a pro WR. If he was not a second pick, the reality I think would sink in for most people. His presence might keep us from fully realizing the potential of guys like KeeSean and JoJo Ward due to Isabella's draft status and the front office's pride

Isabella's biggest weakness for me is his agility for a small guy. He moves worse than many 6'2" 220lb WRs.

He needs to focus less on the gym work and more on his foot speed, flexibility and agility.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am guessing Weinfuss pulled that from a Moore presser and not a 1 on 1 interview, if that is the case it will be posted on the Cardinals site anyway and chances are greater his Mom will watch that then follow Twitter. Moore couldn't keep his own secret.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Who says they have to be negative? They could do something that involves some effort rather than lazy articles about how after one day AJ Green, who is a 10 year yet, multi 1000 yard receiver looks good in shorts.

In other news the sky is Blue.
Yea I don’t believe most of the hype in training camp. But it is nice to hear when a guys looking good. But I’m not about to do a backflip.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He had him beat even more to the corner instead of cutting back around him

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The biggest indictment of Isabella for me is how poor he is on ST's.

A guy that runs mid 4.3s and is solidly built like AI should be superb returner but he's anything but. Which speaks to his vision and processing.
he is straight line fast

that works for kick off returns, but generally, not punt returns

the problem in the NFL is that there are few kick off returns anymore

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Oh BABY! So far Moore has been everything that I hoped for. Can't wait to see what this kid can do in a real game!!!
Moore is a stud and the ideal kind of WR needed to fill aspects of Kingsbury's spread approach but the question is if the spread offense can work consistently or rather in a playoff format