2021 Training Camp Thread

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The good news:
The NFL Network devoted a good amount of time to the Cardinals, yesterday, in the 4-7 ET segment.

The bad news:
The guy (MJD) they had in Glendale was the radio guy for the Rams. He tried to be impartial, but just didn't know a lot about the team. He made a valid point in talking of the Cardinals 0-6 record against LA, even losing the last game of the 2020 season to the Rams backup QB. No mention that KM didn't play in the game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every team relies on some oft injured players.

Look at the Colts and what is going on with Wentz.

Wentz sucks even when healthy, which seems to be rare. I have no idea what the colts think they are doing with him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not Cards related, but an all-out brawl at Giants camp today that apparently involved "everyone" and had Daniel Jones at the bottom of the pile. Welcome back football!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If Wilson works out, this defense could be pretty good next year.

The Cardinals are due for a later round drafted defender to become good, it's been awhile. I'm a fan of teams flooding positions when they have need. What I mean by that is that if you need a corner, draft 2-3 with good traits and let them learn and compete. That method doesn't always work (see Isabella, Butler, Johnson) but it has a better chance of working.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wilson was a good college player defined by one really, really dumb play. I'm fine if he turns out to be the defensive version of LaGarrette Blount.
From what I gather, he played pretty well his freshman year and didn't the other years mainly due to a change in Florida's defensive scheme. He had some good games his senior year though and looks to be ascending a bit.

I like that both Wilson and Gowan have good size. Neither is small and both look to be outside corners.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
From what I gather, he played pretty well his freshman year and didn't the other years mainly due to a change in Florida's defensive scheme. He had some good games his senior year though and looks to be ascending a bit.

I like that both Wilson and Gowan have good size. Neither is small and both look to be outside corners.

That was my understanding. A guy who never played up to his obvious physical gifts on the field, then had a really stupid play.

Three interceptions in 32 college games and zero in his final season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That was my understanding. A guy who never played up to his obvious physical gifts on the field, then had a really stupid play.

Three interceptions in 32 college games and zero in his final season.
Guys like Wilson sometimes work out though. He apparently is bright enough and his measureables are near elite, if not elite.

Some players just don't thrive in college and end up thriving in the NFL because they can focus 100% on football instead of on academics and campus life.