2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh I would 100% take Cam Johnson, Crowder, Saric, Stix and 2 picks and a swap over Ingram.

Ingram isn’t anything special at all his entire career is pretty much one big “well maybe one day”

It's hard to take off the wall trade ideas on the internet seriously but it's easy to forget Ingram is only 23 and his best years are yet to come.

HellMaryCards

Reaction score
It's hard to take off the wall trade ideas on the internet seriously but it's easy to forget Ingram is only 23 and his best years are yet to come.

Yeah Ingram ain't that bad, he is 23, and made the all-star last year. I agree his best years are still to come. A bit injury-prone though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jesus Christ he’s 23!

he seems like he’s been around forever. Still not to impressed with him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Ingram ain't that bad, he is 23, and made the all-star last year. I agree his best years are still to come. A bit injury-prone though.

The problem is the Pelicans would want a star in return and the Suns can't pay everyone. A lot of these hypothetical trades leave out a dose of reality.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ he’s 23!

he seems like he’s been around forever. Still not to impressed with him

The Pelicans are probably not impressed with that trade offer either. They would probably want Mikal Bridges to start the conversation.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pelicans are probably not impressed with that trade offer either. They would probably want Mikal Bridges to start the conversation.

id rather have Mikal over Ingram. Ingram is kind of a volume scorer he doesn’t offer much in defense. I get he’s 23 but I don’t see star in him. Do you?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id rather have Mikal over Ingram. Ingram is kind of a volume scorer he doesn’t offer much in defense. I get he’s 23 but I don’t see star in him. Do you?
I see star potential, I don't see him ever reaching that potential though. Mikal does so much more for us than Brandon does for his team, I wouldn't make a straight up deal for the two even though Ingram scores 10 more points per game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see Ingram as a marginal star.

If it only took Crowder, Cam Johnson, Stix and some picks I'd consider the trade but the Suns can't pay all their players. I'm sure the Pelicans would want Bridges. That's where I say no.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see star potential, I don't see him ever reaching that potential though. Mikal does so much more for us than Brandon does for his team, I wouldn't make a straight up deal for the two even though Ingram scores 10 more points per game.

right. I’ve seen nothing from Ingram to show me he really wants it or he’s that killer at the end of the game. Every time I see him in anything he looks high AF. He just seems like an easy going guy who just happens to have a ton of talent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Plus James Jones has been getting players that can play defense, which Ingram doesn't, so there's that too!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ingram would be awesome here but he’s a PF. We’d have to roll with Crowder at the 3

Ingram is NOT a PF. He's a SF at most. He's more of a SG though. If he were a PF then the trade idea wouldn't be that bad but still pretty bad. It had us giving up Crowder, Cam Johnson, Saric, Stix, the 2024 1st, 2026 1st, and swapping 1sts in 2025 if the Pelicans wanted. Its trading every PF we have for a SF.

Some of the people for it were so far removed from reality also. Saying we could easily sign a few PF's easily, not giving names but saying its not an issue. Ignoring that we need a real PF now and none are available. I like Jae as a modern PF but we haven't found a bigger PF to back him up but apparently trading him away would create some PF's to come bang down our door to sign here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As sort of a footnote, I'm not aware of E'Twaun Moore or Langston Galloway signing with a team as yet.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at who is available, there were 2 possible minimum salary PF's I wouldn't mind bringing in to fill out the roster. Mike Scott and Patrick Patterson. I seem to recall both lighting up the Suns at some point over the last couple of years.

Patterson is 6'8" with a career average of 7 ppg with 4 boards and is a 37% 3pt shooter. He's 32 and last played for the Clippers last year.

Mike Scott is 6'7" and has a career average of 6.7 ppg and 3 rpg. He's a 36% 3pt shooter. He is 33 and a 9 year pro, playing in Philly last year.

I remember Scott being taller, at least listed as taller than that. Since the league cracked down on accurate height requirements though I think PF's have shrunk considerably. A lot of guys who were listed at 6'9" or 6'10" have lost an inch or two.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barring a trade now the Suns are not going to get a backup PF worth having on the roster IMO which means more small ball. UGH!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Looking at who is available, there were 2 possible minimum salary PF's I wouldn't mind bringing in to fill out the roster. Mike Scott and Patrick Patterson. I seem to recall both lighting up the Suns at some point over the last couple of years.

Patterson is 6'8" with a career average of 7 ppg with 4 boards and is a 37% 3pt shooter. He's 32 and last played for the Clippers last year.

Mike Scott is 6'7" and has a career average of 6.7 ppg and 3 rpg. He's a 36% 3pt shooter. He is 33 and a 9 year pro, playing in Philly last year.

I remember Scott being taller, at least listed as taller than that. Since the league cracked down on accurate height requirements though I think PF's have shrunk considerably. A lot of guys who were listed at 6'9" or 6'10" have lost an inch or two.
Wouldn’t mind patterson

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind patterson

I was slightly surprised to see him as a FA still. He'd be a solid backup PF. Not a big name, of course, but he brings more to the table than Paul Millsap, Cousins, or some other past their prime has been. Patterson's always been a solid role player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barring a trade now the Suns are not going to get a backup PF worth having on the roster IMO which means more small ball. UGH!

I am pretty confident there will be a trade, or we will sign Kevin Love after a buyout.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns did fine playing small ball with a center/power forward anchoring the middle. Where they ran into problems is depth when Saric was injured the Finals. Also Paul and Booker sustained injuries in the playoffs as well.

I'm not saying a healthy Saric would have been enough because the Suns needed more presence off the bench at the 4/5. Adding McGee should help but I believe they need something more.

A role playing power forward off the bench should suffice.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kevin Love, if healthy and inexpensive, would be a great depth addition. I wouldn't want to have to depend on him but as your 2nd or 3rd man off the bench, he could be just what we need.
Hasn’t been healthy in a while. But, for veterans’ minimum, better than Frank I guess if, as you say, he's healthy.

But I would still :barf:if the Suns signed him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasn’t been healthy in a while. But, for veterans’ minimum, better than Frank if, as you say, healthy.
Yeah he's certainly in decline and is no longer a star even when healthy but without the huge contract, the biggest concern would be his availability. Frank would still have a role as backup to Ayton's backup but we wouldn't have to use him to back up the 4 spot very often with Love here. Not to suggest that I think he's on his way to Phoenix, I'm just not opposed to the idea if the price is perfect (nothing outgoing and minimum contract).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about a sleeper, Jarred Vanderbilt is a restricted free agent with the Timberwolves. Although he can't shoot from outside he is a very active power forward who can handle the ball. He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Siakam. Vanderbilt is a good defender and rebounder. The Suns could use an active power forward like him off the bench.

Somehow I hope he slips through the cracks. The more I watch video of him the more I like him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talking about a sleeper, Jarred Vanderbilt is a restricted free agent with the Timberwolves. Although he can't shoot from outside he is a very active power forward who can handle the ball. He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Siakam. Vanderbilt is a good defender and rebounder. The Suns could use an active power forward like him off the bench.

Somehow I hope he slips through the cracks. The more I watch video of him the more I like him.
Yes I would like him as well.