2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I am trying to remain optimistic about James Jones but many of the players that analysts say the Suns should target are all over the rumor mill being attached to other teams. Maybe this Paul thing is holding things up. Maybe Jones is just bring Jones. All I know is I getting a tad nervous at this point because other teams are making moves and the Suns need help. I have to trust a guy that helped build a team 2 wins a way from a title.....still.
Since JJ got here, the leaked and/or rumored names and the Suns have ceased. No more insider info being leaked. I like it but at the same time I don't.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rookie extensions can't be discussed until midnight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guard Tyler Dorsey is drawing interest from teams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I am trying to remain optimistic about James Jones but many of the players that analysts say the Suns should target are all over the rumor mill being attached to other teams. Maybe this Paul thing is holding things up. Maybe Jones is just being Jones. All I know is I am getting a tad nervous at this point because other teams are making moves and the Suns need help. I have to trust a guy that helped build a team 2 wins a way from a title.....still.
I wouldn't get nervous...as long as CP comes back we have a solid core and would be in a position to make moves in season to tweak the roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate him when he's on the Lakers but I would probably like him if hes on the Suns.

Caruso is a real pest and can play point guard. I would welcome him on the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get nervous...as long as CP comes back we have a solid core and would be in a position to make moves in season to tweak the roster.

Yeah, the Suns made it to the Finals without Saric even playing well. The backup center and power forward positions need to be fixed but it's not like the Suns need to add stars.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be fine with with Gorgui Dieng for the BAE. I thought the Suns might have passed on him during buyouts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alex Caruso is the modern day Danny Ainge with hops. I refuse to say I want him on the Suns but I might be able to accept it if it happened.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex Caruso is the modern day Danny Ainge with hops. I refuse to say I want him on the Suns but I might be able to accept it if it happened.

Alex Caruso irritated the heck out of me but he doesn't play dirty so I'd be fine if the Suns went this direction. So I'm actually giving him a compliment.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
If they bring in Gorgui Dieng they need to bring another big 4/5 as well.

Hopeful Depth Chart (with CP's both back as rumored)
PG: CP3, CP15, Tyshon
SG: Book, Shamet
SF: Mikal
PF: Crowder, Cam, Jalen
C: Ayton, Saric

Going of JJ saying he prefers 3 deep at each position we need another SG, 2 SF, 2 C (as Saric out)

Shamet can play some sparingly 1/3
Cam can play at 3/4
Jalen possibly some 5

I think to be a more rounded and bigger team we need a good back up 5 but also a big 4/5 first then look at another 2/3 guy

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, the Suns made it to the Finals without Saric even playing well. The backup center and power forward positions need to be fixed but it's not like the Suns need to add stars.

also a hurt Anthony Davis, Jamal Murray and Kawhi

it’s a bit fools gold. We’re a good team but we ain’t run it back with no big changes good.

we really need help up front and another guy who can create his own shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If they bring in Gorgui Dieng they need to bring another big 4/5 as well.

Hopeful Depth Chart (with CP's both back as rumored)
PG: CP3, CP15, Tyshon
SG: Book, Shamet
SF: Mikal
PF: Crowder, Cam, Jalen
C: Ayton, Saric

Going of JJ saying he prefers 3 deep at each position we need another SG, 2 SF, 2 C (as Saric out)

Shamet can play some sparingly 1/3
Cam can play at 3/4
Jalen possibly some 5

I think to be a more rounded and bigger team we need a good back up 5 but also a big 4/5 first then look at another 2/3 guy
Tyshon is a SG

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it’s a bit fools gold. We’re a good team but we ain’t run it back with no big changes good.

I'm good with all this. The Suns need to improve but they don't need to sell the farm. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's the new NBA, with Covid protocols added to the injury mix, teams will need to get pretty lucky to win it all. And this year will likely be no different.

IMO, we get past the Lakers even if AD didn't get injured again (but probably not if Lebron was at full speed) and I don't think Murray would have made the difference in our series with Denver either.

A healthy Kawhi probably would have ended our playoff run but with good health we'd likely have been playing the Jazz anyway as the Clippers wouldn't have reached the finals if Mitchell and Conley were healthy.

And no way do the Bucks get past New Jersey if they were healthy, and even if they did they probably would have lost to the Hawks if Young had stayed healthy.

Last edited:

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Although I would prefer to resign CP3 and CP15, and extend DA and Mikal, we could use some more flexibility. I know some have mentioned possibly trading Mikal but as I mentioned the only way I would think of trading him or Cam would be for a better star. I was looking at other players that could play bigger roles than Mikal or Cam for us and the players that came to mind were Ingram or Siakam (Mikal, Saric, Jalen and pick or picks for either). Ingram may be the harder get. Rumors of Lowery to Miami for Dragic+ doesn't give them much and will be more rebuilding thus potentially making Siakam avail.